Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Grenade_Magnet

What's your occupation?

im currently unemployed.

got kicked out of the taxi branch due to them hiring to many drivers and loosing a lot of work due to being a sucky company that's always late

but i am currently working a solid 12 to 16 hours as a pizza chef / pizza delivery and part time babysitter for my best (female) friend

currently also working to set up a second hand clothing store with said best (female) friend

so hopefully halfway coming January i will be employed 40 - 50 hours a week (after half a years unemployment)

I'm studying physics at the Missouri University of Science and Technology (formerly UMR). Looking at private accelerator work right now, but I have no idea really what I wanna do besides make more money than a restaurant employee.

@ Zsadist: Love that Casey's pizza. My family tells me that my grandfather, the first owner of the Leaning Tower of Pizza in Ankeny was approached to run the whole Casey's pizza thing when it was started, but he declined because he was super close to retirement.

Edited by EulersIdentity

Currently serving in the British army(defence force we are getting that small) 18 and a bit years so far,working as vehicle mechanic (anything with tracks or wheels) so if it can break and doesn't fly (on purpose) , I will probably fix it or break it a bit more. Yup I have been to lots of places, fixed more stuff that the front line troops have broken again. So far helped 2 countries gain their freedom from tyranny (oh the small lies we tell ourselves) and got drunk in too many to mention.

Currently hoping and praying to get redundancy on the next tranche (yes we're going to be an even smaller force) as it certainly isn't the army I joined way back when it was actually fun.

Anyway that turned into a bit more of a rant than I planned :S

I'm currently a student studying Geophysics. I do work as a firefighter over the summer. Starting this spring I will also be working as an Asphalt Engineer for the WASDOT(Washington State Department of Transportation). It will be the first job I've held that's related to my major, I'm quite excited.

Have to say there are A lot of interesting careers in here, some that i would like to do some day.

Myself i am currently a college student, returning to school the upcoming semester after some down time.

I am gonna be majoring in Information Technology, worked on my own website back during my freshman year http://moxie.oswego.edu/~kcanela/

I majored in computer science during my freshman year but lost interest in it a long the way.

Looking to get some kind of job in data management..but hey lets see where it takes me.

I'm currently a student studying Geophysics. I do work as a firefighter over the summer. Starting this spring I will also be working as an Asphalt Engineer for the WASDOT(Washington State Department of Transportation). It will be the first job I've held that's related to my major, I'm quite excited.

This is relevant to my interests. What type of work do they have you do and what level of education did they want before it? All of the engineers I know went through the traditional BS/MS into a PE before they got anything outside of basic surveying or CAD work. I've actually thought about looking into some of the engineering type jobs, but I just don't have the free space in my curriculum to take any engineering courses. :(

I am titled "IT Manager" but I am basically

CIO

IT Manager

Systems Admin

Network Admin

Database Admin

Software Developer

Website Admin

Helpdesk Admin

Ceiling tile repairman

CFO's assistant

Yep. I work IT at a SMB... fml...

Disappointed there aren't more high level IT topics in the forum with the amount IT folks here! Wheres the DataCenter pron and "Bitlocker just locked 16TB's on my SAN" posts!?!?

I'm an inch deep and a mile wide. PTP Microwave, LMR, 911 dispatch, networking, sysadmin, virtualization, site construction, bitchy printer expert.

Pretty much always worked in environments that require 5 9's of reliability. At any given time there's between 3 and 7 ways a user can contact me which can be hell but makes for a fast day.

To many E-lawyers that know it all and start flame wars. Doesn't matter who is right, it was on the Internet and the poster said it worked so it must be right!!!

Best example: BF4's Netcode... Yet has nothing to do with net code.......

This is relevant to my interests. What type of work do they have you do and what level of education did they want before it? All of the engineers I know went through the traditional BS/MS into a PE before they got anything outside of basic surveying or CAD work. I've actually thought about looking into some of the engineering type jobs, but I just don't have the free space in my curriculum to take any engineering courses. :(

I'm not entirely sure.

I'll be a materials engineer. Ill be testing the materials used to build most of the highways in Washington State.

Currently studying my Bachelors for Instrumentation & Control Engineering, done some temp Mechanical Engineering work with Actuators & Valves. Not much real-world experience other than that though, mainly a closet nerd ^_^

im currently unemployed.

got kicked out of the taxi branch due to them hiring to many drivers and loosing a lot of work due to being a sucky company that's always late

but i am currently working a solid 12 to 16 hours as a pizza chef / pizza delivery and part time babysitter for my best (female) friend

currently also working to set up a second hand clothing store with said best (female) friend

so hopefully halfway coming January i will be employed 40 - 50 hours a week (after half a years unemployment)

All that hard work will pay off. Pizza shops and kids are hard work...I know this. Kudos to you.

I am what you call "A state certified contract killer."....technically true to what it sounds like. People get bugs and they contract my company to come out and kill them. Bug basher, is what people say...but I go with pest control technician, sounds all official. I am head of the thermal remediation, senior tech, and head of the bed bug department. ......still waiting for my effing office and to stop being on the road!...and a fat raise..but tthat's what I do

I'm a firefighter/ medic for a small city, 15000 pop. work part-time for the county that surrounds the city as a firefight/medic also. Been a firefighter since 1985 started out as a volunteer.

Have a associates degree in fire sceience

Have 3 1/2 yrs to retirment. Can't wait for that.

I actually did some freelance GFX things for some webs back in the day. Nowadays I'm looking for an internship with one of the locale game developers in my area. Hopefully one of em decides they need a fresh set of hands to help out. :D

Airborne infantry, and thanks to a few to many of these detonating on my truck I'm now a stay at home dad dealing with veteran's affairs:

and that only in the battlefield moment:

Thank you for the services in the millitary. It really does mean a lot.