Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Grenade_Magnet

What's your occupation?

Have to say i'm jealous of that one. Have you done any of their competitions there?

My local defcon group tried to do the hash cracking comp, but had issues with the app we came up with to control the servers that were going to be running hashcat etc.

The crash and compile seems like it would be fun :)

Edited by Mugzy

Served in the Navy, worked as a gov. contractor in Afghanistan,  now running my uncle's real estate company with the title of Real Estate Broker.

San Diego State graduate while in the service. Thank you Navy for paying for my loans!

I have lot of spare time during work hours which explains why I'm on the ADK server throughout the day.

Ok, that was boring...back to battlefield

Thanks to everyone for their service. I was supposed to go into the Army as an MP when I turned 18, but I got caught up in something I shouldn't have.

I'd like to go to school for something IT related. For now, I'm a portable sanitation engineer :oP

In real life I am a Realtor/Appraiser/ Corp inspector

I specialize in financial instructions. I do a lot of foreclosure work. In addition I with people on loan modifications and short sales. As to appraising I mainly work on disputes. As s corp inspector I mainly work on quality control. I am send in when a lender sees red flags on a file. They hire me to see if the flag is truly real.  As a photographer I main do video tours for realtors. However I have done affairs like weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

In real life I am a Realtor/Appraiser/ Corp inspector

I specialize in financial instructions. I do a lot of foreclosure work. In addition I with people on loan modifications and short sales. As to appraising I mainly work on disputes. As s corp inspector I mainly work on quality control. I am send in when a lender sees red flags on a file. They hire me to see if the flag is truly real.  As a photographer I main do video tours for realtors. However I have done affairs like weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.

Why is this in times new roman. I'm scared.

But anyway, interesting work! We work with photographers a lot in the wedding industry, nice to hear about other aspects of the profession.

Agg / Heavy Equipment Operator here. Here's a few pics from this past season. Operator of the combine is lucky to be alive! No the operator was not me either. It was the most experienced guy on the crew. 

So how automated are those things? Do they drive themselves?

It all depends on the operation. The vast majority of seeding is highly automated. GPS steering really helps the crop input evenly highly important for a good crop overlap of seeds and fertilizer can have big repercussions. Harvest and field work are less dependant on auto steer. It mostly depends on the owner even though it will pay for itself in fuel and economy savings IE always taking 100% of the header. In terms of just sitting around though there is usually always something you have to be watching and adjusting. Harvest. IE crop conditions if crop is laying down you need to adjust the reel and header height. Seeding is the most relaxing out of all of it though because you are going slow and its usually GPS. Spraying is the worst because you are going very fast and you have to constantly be adjusting a 100 ft boom and if you hit the ground the 250k machine is down.  

I'm the lead architect in the data services department of my company.  I deal with about 4-5 national clients at a time mostly with big data and analytics.  Interesting stuff, but I shake my head sometimes about how much data we can amass about customers.

Retired Navy Aiframer on FA-18 A-G, EA-6B. Cross rated to Master at Arms with 3 deployments to Iraq and one to Afghanistan. Go ahead and complain about working to much, or over holidays I dare you. Received AS in Aeronautical Engineer, AS in Computer Science with a emphasis on networking, AS in Business Technology (Christmas graduation), various Microsoft Certifications. Currently prime 40cal brass over weekend nights in a factory mainly for the experience of working in the civilian job, but $28 an hour to sit on my ass.. Continuing school for a BA in computer Science and web design junk. Edited by Bromance

I'm a assistant equipment technician at a golf course.

I do all kinds of things from repairing and sharpening mowers/equipment all the way to using them. The reason I decided to get into the golf industry is that I'm outside everyday and it's an active job. It's also fun to figure out how things work when they break.

The winter hours are very easy usually 7am to 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Summer  is when all the fun starts. I could start work from anywhere from 6 or 7 in the morning and not leave until 5 or 6 in the afternoon. Summers are great for some big money. May not be as interesting as other jobs but I wake up every day and enjoy it.

Used to trade oil futures, spent some time headhunting for investment banks and hedge funds and now I'm an intern at a web development company. 

Yay, progress!

Well I am Shawn Husky Choi , an 13 year old one from South Korea.

I am currently a student while doing the Google Intern for Teenager Program. Without getting paid. (f*** the law)

It is very fun to talk with different teenager on different country from the States to Paris.

Thanks

I am retired. I served 30 years as a full time police officer in the UK. I was a volunteer officer in the Royal Air Force Reserve where I was employed as a flying instructor. I primarily instruct on gliders but I have flown a lot of other aircraft including fast jets and helicopters.

Full time project manager data center builds for both buildings and custom made transportable datacenters.
Current projects going on from Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc… EU to Canada 
Full time husband and DIY person at home

I use to design fiber loops and mux systems, the I found that I hated clicking a mouse for a living. So now I run a plaz cutter and make light poles and sign structures for living. If you live in the Bay bridge are in CA you will see my work holding up all those lights....lol

I'm a 25 year IT infrastructure support manager. 

On the topic of 'occupations', I've found that online gaming can sometimes provide good training and insight into managing teams of people.  A few years ago, I found a research paper from Gartner that supported this idea.  Here's some excerpts from the Gartner paper:

Overview

CIOs striving to "reimagine" IT suffer from a critical skills gap and tend to overuse contractors and consultants to supplement leadership and interpersonal skills. This strategy will not be sufficient for the engaged IT department, as the skills that are most needed — leadership and collaboration — are not externally "sourceable." Most CIOs fail to realize that staffers are honing many of these badly needed skills as they participate in multiplayer online games. Those CIOs that recognize the talents that lay right beneath their noses — and take specific steps to cultivate them — will realize a new generation of IT business leaders much more skilled than those that have come before.

Successful players of online multiplayer games, such as World of Warcraft and the Battlefield series, have developed many of these skills, including:

• Leadership.

• Situational awareness.

• Collaborative problem solving.

• Dynamic engagement.

• Practical goal orientation.

So, is it time to add "video game guild/outfit leader" to your resume?  Personally, as a hiring manager, I'd take notice.  Of course, I would ask for some references.  Or better yet, I might need to observe you in-game.  ;-)

Edited by NoTwitch