Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• AOBLXIX

Battlefield F.A.Q. [Please Read]   04/18/2016

After multiple questions coming up that were about the same topic we have decided to create a little F.A.Q regarding some of the most talked about topics. Please make sure you read EVERY question and answer. First thing's first, please use the search feature before you ask a question because it might have been answered already: CLICK HERE TO USE THE SEARCH FEATURE Q. I've been banned what do I do? A. Visit the "Ban Info" menu at the top of the page and click that appropriate link that relates to your ban. Then make sure you fill out the form properly after reading the guidelines to submitting a ban dispute Q. What do I do if someone is hacking? A. If you are in game you can report said individual using @report 'playername' REASON HERE If that doesn't help you, you can always submit a ban request by visiting the "Ban Info" menu at the top of the page and clicking the appropriate link Q. Can I submit a request for a new server, or a smaller special server? A. Sure but to put it bluntly most requests have been made already so rather than making a request that has already been made you should visit THIS LINK. That link talks about how we can go about getting more servers and what needs to be done to get those. Q. Well why don't you change some of the servers that you have now to those special servers? A. Because we have those servers as they are what stay full and are the easiest to keep populated. Just because 5 people like something doesn't mean that it's a smart option to keep a server that those 5 people think is a good server. Q. Why don't you change the ticket counts? A. Ok this is where you need to start realizing that the admins at ADK have been running servers for well over a combined 20 years if not more. We promise we're not going to do something that won't work and if we do happen to do that we have our admins making sure that we try to provide the best servers possible for as many people as possible. We love suggestions but when the suggestions are made that make us seem like we don't know what the heck we are doing that's when it's a little overboard. Again just because you and your buddies like something doesn't mean it's a great idea for a large gaming community as the server won't stay populated and pay for itself. We do want to start bringing more of those to the community, but please refer to the answer of the 3rd questions where a link was posted regarding different servers and how to make it happen. But to answer this question some, on certain servers like our BF3 TDM, it is meant to be a quick round server where you have a match that ends quickly. Some people don't want to play a round that goes on for 30 minutes, and a lot of people have enjoyed it. And again our admins do look at servers and how they are doing, but don't forget just because a few people want something doesn't mean everyone wants it. Q. How come I can't use explosives in a no explosives server but everybody else can? A. In actuality those individuals aren't supposed to either, but they are choosing to break the rules We are humans and unfortunately we aren't perfect to catch everyone. But our admins do the best that they can to be perfect and we have our auto admin in place for no explosives, but it comes down to rules are rules. If you choose to break them and you get in trouble, that is your fault and there is nobody else to blame. You can make reports and if admins aren't in the server they will go over them to see those who break the rules often and will deal with them. Just because an admin isn't in the server doesn't mean that we aren't looking at the reports. Q. Why don't you have servers that have multiple expansion maps on them? A. Because they are quite difficult to maintain unless you have people willing to be in the servers and make sure they are populated day in and day out. Please refer again to the link in the answer of the third question as this relates to that. If we have people who are going to make sure that these servers will indeed stay populated then possibly but so far we haven't been able to get that. In the past we've done B2K which a lot of people were begging for an it went nowhere. Q. There's someone cursing and using racist remarks in the server, why haven't they been banned? A. Because the reality of it is nobody will ever be happy, these are not remarks that you will see any admin using but we aren't going to police everybody and what they say. What one person might find offensive, the other person might not. So if we remove a few words then we'll need to remove all words that people find offensive. Now if the individual is spamming constantly and/or just being a troll about it you can always submit a ban request and let us know what was happening. Admins will then look over it to see what action needs to be taken. Q. Why don't you kick people who have a high ping? A. In reality high ping doesn't cause as many problems as a lot of people think. Admins have been talked to about how to handle something that is absurd but they will not kick someone with a 150 ping because people are complaining about them. We have members from all over the world and we're not going to limit what servers they play on. Someone's high ping to a server does not cause a server to lag. If the server is lagging it'll be everyone noticing it. BUT if there are only a few individuals who are complaining about lag, it's more than likely an issue with their connection to the server. The best thing to do would be do a tracert to the server, but most people don't want to believe that they might have an issue on their end or somewhere between their house and the server. And the reality is that there could be an issue that someone is seeing. There are plenty of posts about ping in the servers so feel free to do a search to look them up. Q. Why don't you just disable weapons that you can't use in the no explosive server? A. Don't you think we would have done that if it was possible? :) Q. Why can't I dispute a ban after 2 months? A. If people cared so much to play on our servers after a perma ban, they would come and dispute within the first 2 months. We feel 2 months is more than enough time to dispute a perma ban. Q. Why don't you have anything besides 64 slot servers? A. Again refer to the link in the answer to question number three. But long story short, it's not easy to keep small number servers populated as often as possible when we have as many servers as we do. Due to the fact that you could lose 15 people at a time in one game, there goes half the population of the server which could indeed empty the server. So if it's wanted we need people willing to put in the time and effort to do such and to make it so that there is always a queue for the servers. Q. Why does it seem like you guys get frustrated when people ask certain questions? A. Seriously though, it's because they are normally questions that have been answered multiple times and most of the time it appears that the question wasn't thought about in the manner of "Hey I wonder if anybody else has posted about this." Unlike Battlelog where things normally get hidden and admins don't respond, we do see pretty much 99% of everything that is posted without it getting lost because of the fact that we have admins for each particular section of the community. And those admins do make sure that we respond to topics where someone might have a question. So with that last question being answerd, please just take 10 seconds to browse the forums and search to see if your topic has been discussed before you go and make a post. If it's not too old or hasn't been answered feel free to leave your input but a lot of the same questions are coming up over and over. Ping, ping, ping, why can't I use explosives, ping, ping, can we have more servers, why can't we have these maps, why do you only have like 200 tickets on the TDM server, 64 players is a lot of people to have on a server, where are the expansion maps, why is this person using curse words and racist remarks and hasn't been banned yet. As always we do appreciate and ask for suggestions but most of the questions that we see over and over have been answered and could be answered for you by making a search on the forums. Thank you for your support of the community and as always we will continue to provide the best possible gaming experience on our servers for as many people in the world.
    • Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
AOBLXIX

BF4 Feedback & Suggestions

See this is where you're being naive. No true change was made that would do what you were saying. The change that was made was turning off keep squads and friends together. Because it was turned ON before the other day. So as you say you were all being broken up which wasn't true. People were being moved to balance the teams. And it's still on for the scramble that squads aren't broken up. Other than that a change hasn't been made in at least 2 months to the autobalancer yet the complaining started last week.

And yet again no matter what we do we will be the bad guy. Where does it end?

Also i forgot to ask who said that ADK members were always white listed from autobalance previously? And I'd like to know when this was in place as it's something I never knew about.

ok maybe i misheard the admin that stated the adk members were whitelisted, but we all join off of our friends lists to get in the same squad, and move around squads so we are together. 

before the change entire squads were usually moved as a unit to balance a server 

now squads are being broken up to balance the server instead.

we would sincerely like to have this change revoked, so that we can continue to play as squads.

"The change that was made was turning off keep squads and friends together. Because it was turned ON before the other day. So as you say you were all being broken up which wasn't true. People were being moved to balance the teams. And it's still on for the scramble that squads aren't broken up"

The way I read this is ( we turned friends and squad being kept together off and it's still on for the scramble to keep squads together.) This confuses me how can one stay in a squad if that feature is off? This is just what I am getting reading this.

I do know as of 3 days ago I was moved while I had a negative k/d to the other team what is the balancing based on? In case there is doubt I can link the battlelog. The team still lost 503 to 0.

I am not going to complain because when it comes down to it you guys make the rules, we either choose to follow or go elsewhere. I will agree on this I don't think you will ever win on this and I totally understand that. I am actually not even angry about the issue but more or less in a more this sucks mind set. Which in turn should have the other side of the coin saying, "this is awesome! waaaaay better..." 

I do know as of 3 days ago I was moved while I had a negative k/d to the other team what is the balancing based on? In case there is doubt I can link the battlelog. The team still lost 503 to 0.

This has happened to me in 3 & 4. I forget what it goes off of. Maybe overall BL stats or something like SPM.

What's frustrating is we aren't going to win here no matter what we do.   How so you ask?

1) People are making it seem as though they are being moved every 5 minutes and there's never a chance to play with their friends....ever.   Unfortunately no matter what squads are going to get split up at some point due to the nature of people coming and going.   If people weren't moved out of squads and there was no lone player what would happen when the teams were unbalanced?       BUT the average is at least 2 hours before the same people have been moved again.  

2) Of course people who play in that server 24/7 are going to complain the most but don't realize that we've modified the gameplay in ways that aren't normal so in turn that causes a hardship for balance.     When you average 5 - 10 hours PER SESSION of course you're going to get moved.  

3)  Something that we're doing MUST be working based on the stats that you'll see below.  

Now with all of that being said, if you go look up No Explosives on GameTracker for BF4 what comes up?   ADK having the TOP TWO!!!  Yes TOP TWO no explosives servers.  The first one being the US server and the Second one being the EU Server.     The next closest US server is over 110 server ranks away.  

Yes we have no issue trying to smooth things out even more than we have.  And we even looked to see if there was some settings that could be changed, but when people are sitting here basically cutting our throats over something that I truly believe isn't as big of a deal as it's being made out to be then it does get frustrating for us dealing with all of this.    You mention other servers allowing you to do this and that, but you don't realize that other no ex servers don't stay populated 24/7 like ours does.   And maybe ours stays populated because of what's being done right now and how teams are handled.     

in the near future we will be adding the ability to purchase autobalance whitelist so all of you will be able to purchase that if you feel what's happening now is truly gamebreaking.  

I was moved 2-3 times in a 2 hour span last night.  This makes the game enjoyably awful, for you lose direction on what you are doing.. I'm confident that the server rules have been changed as of this last week, which makes the point of having a top server null/void, since you won't see the impact of the changes for another couple of weeks..

I'll also encourage you to log on the server and see the difference as of late. Last night I was balance 2-3 times in a 2 hour window, and the server would move 5 people at a time... then what ended up happening is one team would be so lopsided from people quitting, the wining team would have 4 points capped.  The server then wouldn't catch back up with the discrepancy till the round had 50-100 tickets left.. where's the fun in that? 

keep in mind this decision to change the server rules doesn't just affect ADK members, it effect all the pubs... and the bottom line is;  people want to play with their friends always.. if they get moved, they are going to search for another server (it's already started to happen). 

The only reason I'm saying this is, I'd like to have the old server rules back.. The rules that lead me to become part of a great community.  

If the new settings are causing issues like you said they will be reverted. We are examining the problem.

Thanks for the descriptive answer deviausussss, please keep me posted on what is happening in the server so I can make changes accordingly. We are also monitoring the ticket losses of each match now, so we can see what affect the changes are making.

As I said the only thing that was changed was the other day when colon removed an exception rule to split up squads. Other than that we changed nothing for months prior. But you all don't want to believe me and that's what is making this entire thing frustrating.

Hi, thats me Full-Tilt, I'm on the team playing against team stack and we are short handed a dozen players! This sums up my play experience most rounds on #6 for the past month. See image below of the rounds I played on ADK #6 of Jan 5-11 and Jan 12-18. I zoomed out the browser for clarity.

To me it doesn't matter what clan you're in or who your friends are, when you have the same group of players that stack up on one team and every round is the same this is a problem. These same players plead that they are innocent and feel like they are being punished. Yet, they pushed the limit too far showing no consideration of others and people have noticed. This is a headache for the administration here because it is disrupting the gameplay of others.

If players do this on any other server outside ADK the course of action will be the same. Once administration notices the problem they will take action to reduce damages to their server. As what was done here. Same thing happened in the BF3 server with non ADK clan stacking.

@Col Thanks for looking into what's going on

@[member='AOBLXIX'] It's not a belief factor, I'm fighting for the same thing you are... I want the server to be a great server, and I'm just trying to point out it's recent flaws,  so we can get it functioning properly again.

I appreciate the effort going into looking at this.

@tilt

We both know how streaky the balancer is so posting a section of bad luck is pretty disingenuous.

2r6ncRW.jpg

At the end of the day, as I stated, you have a 49% win rate. Those of us that have played exclusively on 6 for the past month+ have win rates ranging from 45% to 55% in Thobais case to 59% in my case.  I would think team work would enable one to win slightly more than half the games they play.

Edited by Juboboman

These same players plead that they are innocent and feel like they are being punished. Yet, they pushed the limit too far showing no consideration of others and people have noticed. This is a headache for the administration here because it is disrupting the gameplay of others.

This is hardly the case, myself and others have switched teams many times to offset this when we recognize it.

Thank you @ColColonCleaner and @AOBLXIX for looking into it. 

Here's an example where ADK "team stacking" failed.

@[member='Full-Tilt-It']

[url=http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/BigSciota14/media/lost_zpsf39b0cce.jpg.html]lost_zpsf39b0cce.jpg[/URL]

Edited by Virtue1776

Fyi, 

I have changed the name of this topic as it reflects more the true purpose of this post and created a new locked/pinned BF4 rules topic which will be updated when needed.

--> locked topic to use when referring people for BF4 rules: http://www.adkgamers.com/topic/47096-bf4-server-rules/

Thanks

Cave

When the plugin was first enabled in our BF4 servers it was aggressively auto balance so Aries and I couldn't squad up for more than one round, Pepsi and Nessa had the same issue. So the squad balancer was turned off. 

Unforchantly as AOB said it will be a lose lose situation and we have to please the largest group. I haven't played much lately but I wouldn't be able to at the times Aries and I play IF it keeped us apart, that isn't too often so it would be a great time to play maps and modes that ADK's servers do not run. Rest of the time in our awesome servers!!! 

please use @join and @moveme to fix this. at the beginning of the round there should be plenty of room to move yourself to the other team. once you are on the other team you can then type:

@join cbrunnem (or any players name that you want to be in the same squad)

that combo take about 10 seconds to do at the beginning of a round. you dont even have to look for what squad your buddies are in. 1 could make a new squad then everyone @join them.

you need to be an admin assistant to use @moveme i believe but all of you that dont like the new balancer should be an AA.  

hope this helps!

Edited by cbrunnem

@[member='Juboboman'],

We appreciate you being so modest flaunting your W/L around. Thanks for the mindful reply.

Making me as the duplicitous one is god damn alarming considering the disposition you and your friends are in. You don't even acknowledge the problems your actions have caused here. You take offense as you have done here and act like everyone is against you. You are so jaded you don't care about others because you're not getting your way. You can't go through life like this. People will not stand for it.

@[member='Virtue1776'],

Your image is not definitive. You may be referring to when the group is separated and they swap or quit to friend join to be together again. I'm only justifying how my game experience has been for the timeline in the image above. Also don't put sugar on this bull and call it honey, because I haven't seen players switch for the sake of preventing said team stack. If the previous were true we would not be in this situation.

All,

I am only a concerned player voicing my opinions of the situations here, I have no rights here only the priviledge to play on ADK servers. The reality is that it's not a perfect world. There will never be complete congruence between all parties. Accepting the problem is the only way forward. In the end, it's not about you, it's about everyone.

Full-Tilt

I understand you wanting to justify your game experience, and your reasoning is obviously valid. I'm not trying to sugar coat anything but to say players have no concern is short sighted and only means you don't hear the team speak conversation. How would you see a player switch for said team stack? because it sounds in TS more like "Hey guys, I'm switching teams to help out, this is becoming unbalanced" "Ok me too". You wouldn't see that anywhere in chat. Others will back me up on this sorry you missed it.

My image is not any more definitive then your image was except for the fact that I did not clarify it was the day I joined on you from my friends list. I play less then you do. there for I have less games. I spend time populating other servers so that was my 19 game stretch in lockers the day I played with you. Lost 15-19. We were on a team  with Cbrunnem, and Dalradian and I was following you around while you melt face. Perhaps the Auto balance is moving you or keeping you offset to help out the losing team. Could this perhaps be the reason? the highest KDR of ADK members that frequent #6 is 2.21 and that is @[member=Juboboman]. You do have a 3.19 KDR. this may be why the mediocre players that use teamwork are beating up on the juggernaut. I don't know what to tell you. I talk on team speak with the ADK members and I have a 1.18 KDR. Should we take our tags off so we no longer look like ADK, then we wont be accused of team stacking anymore. You can certainly come join us in team-speak and counter the other squad with me. I'd be happy and willing if you are. 

If this is true what @[member='AOBLXIX'] said is true. It is working and because you're not in a squad you are just feeling the brunt because you put boot to ass in that server. And that day I joined on you I felt the brunt because I joined on you.

@[member='ColColonCleaner'] Is this a possible scenario or explanation to why @[member='Full-Tilt-It'] has such an ridiculous losing streak? 

Thank you for your input I hope this is constructive and can help find a solution. I hope that was definitive enough. :)

*Edited for grammatical errors*

Edited by Virtue1776

I've been laying off, to not stir the pot. but sent cleaner a video of it auto balancing @[member=Urizon] onto the team with more players and then it turning into a baserape. she moved herself back to the ADK squad and we were on the receiving team. Since then I think he made some more tweaks. Over all I have seen improvements over the past few days, I believe. I had reports that he made some tweaks but haven't heard anything officially. I would like to know if what I pointed out helped at all. If there is anything I have noticed it's that if a base rape starts I check the teams and there are typically less members (5 or more) on the teaming receiving the base rape. I would volunteer to provide more video of this but I'm going out of town for 7 weeks tomorrow. Also this tends to happen at the very end of the round where there may be 100 tickets left. It's not really worth switching teams at that point and the team doing the pushing typically has about 250-350 tickets, not much concern there in my opinion.

@[member='darth boog'] I think this is specifically a #6 issue, someone correct me if I'm wrong and yes I miss the 6man squad bug :(

Edited: added 5 or more to team imbalance comment for clarity. Edited by Virtue1776

Well if it's been a few days then yes we did make changes, and there's a new version that takes commanders into consideration where as before it considered a commander part of the team and would autobalance with that which we had no control over, so getting upset at us for that would do no good as it was nothing that we could fix. 

Hi all

I would like to ask if gas pipe in OP lockers are also not allowed? I've been kicked for throwable even though i didn't throw anything but other than shooting the gas pipe lol

You were reported by hilbilly, and the report was automatically acted on. I am issuing a forgive on your player for that instance, and will be removing "throwable" from auto-handling.

Colonel, in the future, if you get admin assistant status, this will not happen. Admins acting on your reports is how you achieve admin assistant status.