Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Gu3ssWh0oo

Computer Wiz? i need your input, My Specs

Asus rampage motherboard about 430 for it

64x bit operating system

Radion r9 card 270 or higher. 200 cash (x2)

12 gigs of ram around 60 bucks

1000 watt power supply around 180

ssd drive around 200

@[member='warspitejr'] I herd you are good with computers what you think?

Then whatever case I want to put it in

I LOVEEE to play competitively alot, my 2mbps satellite internet wasn't cutting it I live in middle of nonthing lol. It would not serve any purpose with that slow internet speed of a few days to download battlefield, so Im working on getting a better at least 6 mbps DSL, that way on Launch date for BF4 ill get every ADK members and Advisor's dog tags very early and then retire. Well I don't think I would retire like I said im a Battlefield Fanatic lol :rolleyes:  :ph34r:  :D 

Personally, I would drop the PSU down to a 750 watt as you don't need that much power. Also if you are just gaming you might be better off going with a  Haswell 4770k and a cheaper mobo so you have more money to use on some better graphics cards so you can turn up the eye candy and still have good performance. Just my 10 cents. :)

Edited by Brutality

Following what the two others have said, I would change to a cheaper motherboard with a 4770k, single r290x, maybe 16gb of ram and a gold-rated 750-850 watt power supply preferably from seasonic. Also get a traditional HDD for file/media storage. Grab a second r290x down the road if you find yourself needing more performance for whatever reason.

Edited by Rail Tracer

@[member='Brutality'] @WorstGarenNA I would like the play battlefield on Max graphics and be able to play very smooth so the way you all explained I can do that ? If yes is there anything else you Recommend to me? I never played battlefield on its. Full potential now that I have money I would do so!

Drop that mobo. While I firmly believe a great mobo is the heart of your system, I would suggest an Asus pro. The enthusiast boards aren't always worth the extra cash. If your going with a 4XXX series Intel be sure to check the mobo's website for compatability out of the box. One mobo I had wouldn't support them even though it was the right socket. My Asus wouldn't boot until I updated the bios (which I had to do incrementally).

Depending on your budget always go for the best single GPU you can afford versus two budget ones in SLI or Crossfire and later when prices drop getting a second one to upgrade your performance is than an option.

CPU wise go for a six core Intel if possible but be careful as I stated above.

750-800 PSU would be more than fine.

Don't skimp on a great case either!

dont buy anything for something that isnt even out.  bf4 isnt out yet so no one knows what you will need to adequately play the game.  we can guess and get close but we dont know.  patience always pays in the long run.

a good example for waiting would be how much better the game gets with intel cpus as intel didnt to too good in the beta. they were still the better cpu but amd 4 module cpus were very competitive. i wouldnt expect to see the same thing in the final release though.

I think it was purely due to optimization. My 2630qm mobile sandy bridge proccessor was doing better that some people running haswell/ivy-e. That shouldn't have been happening. :p

But good point. The beta wasn't a good representation of how the final game will run. If you wanna know exacly what to buy to run the game smoothly, wait a couple days after release and see how the benchmarks for everything turns out. ;)

I think it was purely due to optimization. My 2630qm mobile sandy bridge proccessor was doing better that some people running haswell/ivy-e. That shouldn't have been happening. :P

But good point. The beta wasn't a good representation of how the final game will run. If you wanna know exacly what to buy to run the game smoothly, wait a couple days after release and see how the benchmarks for everything turns out. ;)

exactly

Can you explain to me why I need a better case?

It's a box designed to hold parts and provide effective airflow.

My idle temps on my CPU is 30c and my GPU idles at 36c.

more expensive cases will have much better features including:

more cooling options

better cable management which leads to better cooling

usb 3.0

external hdd slot

more options for internal radiators

wont fall apart/break

more hard drive bays/ssd bays

etc

basically you are right you dont need an expensive case at all but at the end of the day you get what you pay for. 

Looking at your posts, but not knowing your budget I think this is what you are looking for. The prices will be different based on where you buy everything from and sale/combo deals.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Rp3C

Edited by Secret0Squirrel

@[member='Worst Garen NA'] I thought you were joking. If not I apologize. I generally budget around $100- $120 for a case my self. I have used budget friendly cases and pretty much  @[member='cbrunnem'] summed it up.

BUT I would like to add fan quality and noise along with connection style etc. I have also cracked a mobo due to the flimsy metal motherboard tray along with sharp edges etc. I also feel it like spending $1,000's a TV and setting it on a TV tray instead of a nice entertainment center.

Once you have worked with a higher quality case you will never go budget friendly again.......

My case now

the Wifes new case now

Fair enough.

tbh the only things I ever look for in a case is air flow, and cable management, and room (obviously). If it's a very inconspicuous looking case that's a bonus as well. I hate flashy cases. I can do that with 20-40 dollar cases.

I've had to build systems where my customer wanted an expensive case, the cable management in them was slick and the HDD cage was neat, but I still don't think I'd use it myself.

To each his own, I suppose. But I wasn't kidding @Bromance lol. Look at my specs

Edited by Worst Garen NA

I personally use the Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra. If you wanna break your back to move your case around, it would be the perfect case to do so. I also use a Thermaltake LVL10 GT as a secondary case for work / casual games.

I would stick with a single GFX card if you are going to play on 1080p single monitor. If you are sure on SLI / Xfire, buy a better single GFX card now (like the GTX780 or R290x) then just save up for later when prices go down a bit more. the single GTX780 on 1080p is powerful enough to run max settings on BF3.

If your goal is to have a smoother experience with games, then buy a good monitor as well. Try to stick with 120hz or better, its also up to you if you go beyond 1080p, remember, the higher the resolution, the harder your GFX card needs to keep up.

I'm personally torn between the new corsair obsidian 750D and the NZXT Phantom 630. Both have all the stuff I need/want and also have great cable management, plus liquid cooling support. ;)

All the stuff you would need depends on what type of things you would be doing, if you want gaming, you'd probably want to set a limit for the money you'd want to spend cause it gets pretty freakin expensive, otherwise, it would be simple, also what you would use for an OP system like Windows 7, Mac, Apple, stuff like that.

I would stay away from the 290x until non reference coolers come out, they run hot and loud atm. If you plan on only play battlefield then the r9 series is the way to go but another worth card is gtx780 classified which runs about 5% faster than a 290x when both overclocked and they are pretty much the same price since the nvidia price drop.

Edited by 0nly1Fear