Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which phone do you have or would get!

• Android!
    • iPhone 4g
    • Blackberry
    • Windows 7 Phone
    • Other Smart Phone
    • I kick it old school with a flip phone

Ok guys I saw a post on about phone and was wondering what people are using.

Im currently with Verizon and the phone of my choice was the Samsung Fascinate. The screen is amazing on it! The colors and contrast is amazing for the phone. Its quite light and very smooth. Best of all its an Android phone!

iPhone and Blackberry phones are pretty much dead IMO.

Vote and tell me what you got and why!

Keep the iPhone Vs Android war friendly!

Samsung phones suck. I just traded my moms Captivate for a HTC 4G phone..

and iPhone is NOT dead.. If it was dead it wouldnt be surpassing Nokia.

The only reason Android will pass iOS is because of how many different phones it works on..
iPhone usually has 2 models onsale at any time..
Android has what? 400? like shit man you cannot compare..

Now look at what sells more?
- Apple iOS(no fragmentation)
- Moto Blur
- Samsungs UI
- HTC Sense
- Windows Phone 7 (little fragmentation)
- Blackberry
- WebOS
- Symbian.

Every Phone is different.. and if your still going to argue.. YES EVERY MANUFACTURER of Android makes a Different Experience.. my cousin has had every freaken Android Phone from VZW.. HTC, Samsung, Moto.. She hasnt had Blurr yet but w.e... But she liked Moto's UI for the Droid.. She HATES HTC's.. and the featuers they took out and put in...

iOS is NOT DEAD.. Blackberry is.

[quote name='Gamer Radar' timestamp='1308110190' post='8288']
Samsung phones suck. I just traded my moms Captivate for a HTC 4G phone..

and iPhone is NOT dead.. If it was dead it wouldnt be surpassing Nokia.

The only reason Android will pass iOS is because of how many different phones it works on..
iPhone usually has 2 models onsale at any time..
Android has what? 400? like shit man you cannot compare..

Now look at what sells more?
- Apple iOS(no fragmentation)
- Moto Blur
- Samsungs UI
- HTC Sense
- Windows Phone 7 (little fragmentation)
- Blackberry
- WebOS
- Symbian.

Every Phone is different.. and if your still going to argue.. YES EVERY MANUFACTURER of Android makes a Different Experience.. my cousin has had every freaken Android Phone from VZW.. HTC, Samsung, Moto.. She hasnt had Blurr yet but w.e... But she liked Moto's UI for the Droid.. She HATES HTC's.. and the featuers they took out and put in...

iOS is NOT DEAD.. Blackberry is.
[/quote]

True I have respect for the Iphone but i like the live widgets you can add as well as i can download music on my droid. And true many manufactures are using the android os. I have to say though I have really liked my samsung Fascinate. I was going to get the HTC Incredible but for some reason got this.

But I think we can all agree, Smart phones are to dam expensive and a rip off. My cousin in england only plays 5 pounds a month for his blackberry on Vodaphone.

[quote name='Gamer Radar' timestamp='1308110190' post='8288'] But she liked Moto's UI for the Droid.. She HATES HTC's.. and the featuers they took out and put in...

[/quote]

That's kind of how I feel as well. . because I did think about going to HTC at one point. . but I just like Moto's phones and UI more than HTC.

[color="#FF8C00"][size="3"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Android is okay. I've had an HTC Incredible for about a year now, and a blackberry before that. One thing about the 'berry I miss is Blackberry Messenger. I thought it was much better than regular SMS.

And let's face it, Android's emoticons simply suck. They are hell to get rid of... so much that I haven't even bothered. There isn't even an emoticon for "angry". What the hell is wrong with being angry? When I'm angry, I have to text <angry>. There's one for "money mouth" for Pete's sake! What the hell is "money mouth" any way? Even this post editor has an emoticon for angry. I get ;) just thinking about it!

war :P [/font][/size][/color] Edited by =ADK= warspite

lol war..

but ya, AOB See we dont have that UI on ATT.. we only have Blurr and tbh, its decent i like it compared to HTC's and Samsungs.. but its just coded poorly.. so it runs slow.

and ya War, iMessage is coming out to Compete with BBM lol, and i hear Google is working on their own version of it to, which just throws more dirt on RIM.

What i also noticed, is that the phone differ's from Carrier.. but the hardware has alot to do (my cousin actually has the incredible 2 right now and deeply hates it, while this chick i talk to has it as well and loves it..)

[quote name='-Grimreaperx2-' timestamp='1308189746' post='8363']
my friend mods his android phone a lot and he made his look like the Droid X. It actually was pretty cool. Anyone use the Windows phones?
[/quote]

I haven't yet, but if it's on a good phone, I could give it a whirl.

[quote name='=ADK= warspite' timestamp='1308269812' post='8422']
I haven't yet, but if it's on a good phone, I could give it a whirl.
[/quote]

I actually go to play around with the Windows 7 launcher. Its pretty cool the layout is nice but basic. So if you like a lot of widgets and fancy stuff then the Windows layout isnt for you. But its all about organization. It was pretty nice, I thought about getting and might try it out for a while O and I can make it look like an iphone too. 3 in 1 win!

[quote name='Gamer Radar' timestamp='1308352852' post='8489']
lol, if I "root" or "jailbreak" then i can make my phone look like a Droid X as well...
[/quote]

This doesnt require rooting or any special mod, just a launcher to replace the shitty default one. :)

[quote name='Gamer Radar' timestamp='1308416518' post='8526']
Ya well you have to jailbreak iOS. And for android you have to root?
[/quote]

You can root, but you dont need to. The only thing that you can do with root is get control of the phones CPU to oc and other cpu settings and such. Otherwise its not a big deal.

I think they call em like "Home Launchers" or something like that. . . there are some that require you to root, but it's just because they give you the options to overclock, and do things like that. But there are plenty out there, that you can run without rooting. You just select it to use a particular launcher that isn't the android one and it boots up instead so you can have a completely different UI with just the push of a button really. . And rooting has become that simple as well. There are a lot of applications out there that you just "click here" and it roots it and does whatever else you want. . you don't have to go through 10 steps to root the phone like you did before.

Heres my standard screen usually:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/ripsnorting13/SC20110614-105316.png[/IMG]

And then modded to look like the Windows 7. No root was required:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/ripsnorting13/CAP2011061515251.jpg[/IMG]

On my phone you can press and hold the back button and then press the power button one time to take a screen shot and it is saved to your memory card. To change the UI download WP7 launcher.

[quote name='Subway Groper' timestamp='1308548416' post='8598']
HTC Nexus One running Cyanogenmod 7

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/downloadxw.jpg/][IMG]http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/174/downloadxw.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/quote]

Nice you should check out circle launcher, its a hidden quick menu.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you folks are getting me all excited about getting my new phone next month ;)

I keep my screen as clean as possible. I can't take screenshots, so here's my wallpaper:

[img]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z19/jerkyrizzo18/garrusowns.png[/img]

just imagine this with a tiny date and time at the top, and tiny dial and menu buttons below

That's right, motherfuckers. Garrus "Vicious Exploding Kickflip" Vakarian.