Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Joey

The computer specs Dice used for the unedited Battlefield 4 trailer.

When I read what Dice and AMD put together a monster to show off Battlefield 4 17 minute Single player 60 frames per second at 1080p (2.4 GB file) and 720p (1.2 GB file), I was literally dribbling. If you watched it on youtube, you would have only watched it at 30 frames which would have cut the file size in half easily + other youtube edits they do to lessen the load on their servers so you wouldn't have seen the true effect of their rendering.

The computer itself, 4 thousand dollars including a Quad Core-I7 Intel processor. More surprisingly it contained 2 Radeon HD 7990 cards, which add for a total of 4 GPU and a unbelieveable 12 GB of GDDR5 Graphical RAM worth together around 1500 dollars. They rendered the video from 3k resolution (roughly 3200 x 2000 pixels) down to 1080p and 720p while keeping the 60 frames per second. The reasoning behind the monster of a PC is said to be because they wanted to show off an 'unoptimized alpha version' of the single player while making it look BOSS.

For those who want to download the huge videos, the 1080p video is here and the 720p video is here which are both buffering 60 frames a second. It is said that DICE is currently working with AMD and Nvidia to release special Battlefield 4 drivers that are optimized for the game hopefully prior to release of the game. I am one individual here at ADK who is very excited for battlefield 4, I hope it lives up to its hype! So far so good! :) 

Cheers and thank you for reading!
Joey V.A League of legends.

I can't wait either Joey!

I'll download the vids when I get home and check them out. Did it mention anything about clock speeds on the CPU or how much RAM there was in the mobo or what mobo they were running?

Still awesome none the less.

Currently i can't look that up, as i only got information from other sources and the reddit post that had everything has gone missing (i can't find it). You can try to scavenge this link here but from what i read, it was all about the Graphics cards.

They were really just teasing the public, only showing the graphics cards and nothing else. The picture to see the graphics cards in action is here.
I really wanted to know that stuff too but i guess we may never know. All i see is that they love their liquid cooling, so its probably safe to assume they were over clocking the CPU to insane amounts. Its funny, i have 1 of the same fans! lol

vram doesnt add up. each "card" has 6gb but each individual chip has access to only 3gb. each 7990 has 6gb total but again each card only have 3gb and they do not add up. whatever is in one cards vram is in the other. it works the same way with crossfired 7990s so actually bf4 only had access to 3gb of vram because all 4 cards vram are clones of each other.

It would be safe to argue that the cards used in the making of the video were custom made for that video... But i think i get what you're saying.

-edit-
They are the reference model straight from AMD themselves. If that is true, Then a review of them are here.
From the look at the back of the graphics card, the 6gb's come from twin 3gb GPU's but that's only speculation as i don't build hardware I only put it all together haha! :)