Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
AOBLXIX

iOS 7 What are your thoughts?

So recently iOS7 was released for the public to see along with some other stuff from Apple.

What do you all think of the latest changes to iOS 7?  

This is one of the sites I've been visiting for a laugh:

http://jonyiveredesignsthings.tumblr.com/

Honestly I think they have taken a step backwards. . maybe like 10 steps backwards.   It's quite disappointing with this UI overhaul.      And then all this "innovative stuff" that they released. . . oh wait. .  

Personally, I think it looks pretty cool. The flat design may or may not stick, but personally I think it's a pretty neat look.

The feature additions (calendar, mostly, since I use it for work) are totally welcome, too :)

Overall, I'm underwhelmed.  Only NEW major features are AirDrop, Control Center, and Multitasking. 

Best Changes:

Multitasking - apps will update in the background.  It will rock to have my twitter app already be updated before I return to it.

Control Center - quick access to most used settings features

Safari back/forward swipe - you can swipe to go back and forward pages

Apps now auto update

Worst Changes:

New UI - looks cheap and ugly - similar to office 2013 - don't know why this flat design is such a trend

Siri upgrade - who cares? no one uses siri after its novelty wore off

App store changes - search apps relevant to your location - i guess that's useful if you're travelling, but why not just manually search by the location instead of enabling the battery hogging location services

Air Drop - another one of those novelty features you'll forget about.

I wish I had auto update on my apps, or updating in the background  :(    

As I've mentioned to a few people, they are just swinging for the fences hoping to get something that will help bring them out of the rut they are in. 

Also, anybody see the new Mac Pros?    Looks like a freaking ash tray or something!  

I wish I had auto update on my apps, or updating in the background   :(    

As I've mentioned to a few people, they are just swinging for the fences hoping to get something that will help bring them out of the rut they are in. 

Also, anybody see the new Mac Pros?    Looks like a freaking ash tray or something!  

It looks weird and cool at the same time, I would get one for the looks. But I HATE macs, but that's just a personal opinion.

I had it with apple a long time ago. Went android and no regrets!

Agreed! I've been able to multitask for a long time now with my razr maxx. Apple is behind now >:)

apple is on a slow decline at the hands of Samsung. with how the s4 is selling and even how the s4 active is selling(its still sold out at my local stores after a month) its killing apple.

Thank god I get my upgrade from and iPhone to Galaxy S4 next month.

get the active.

Kinda off topic but I found this article and i made me laugh. Nexus 7 smacks the iPad mini on almost all the comparisons and then at the end the price is just hilarious. I know the Ipad mini has been out a for a while but come on, it is overpriced:

!~Warning Apple fan boy~!

http://www.zdnet.com/tech-spec-showdown-the-new-nexus-7-vs-ipad-mini-7000018511/

Kinda off topic but I found this article and i made me laugh. Nexus 7 smacks the iPad mini on almost all the comparisons and then at the end the price is just hilarious. I know the Ipad mini has been out a for a while but come on, it is overpriced:

!~Warning Apple fan boy~!

http://www.zdnet.com/tech-spec-showdown-the-new-nexus-7-vs-ipad-mini-7000018511/

I was talking about for my phone, As far as for a tablet the new nexus 7 is bad ass like you said. 

I got the Samsung Galaxy S4 active over a week ago. it truly is water proof if you drop it in a pool(tried it). it will take photos underwater(pretty cool). its substaintially faster then my s3 and is a tad faster then a regular s4(per benchmarks).  plus its the same price so why not?  oh and it sits at 60% charge and it hasnt seen a charger since friday morning and i use my phone moderately(probably 4 hours of games since then)!

get a SGS4 active

I think siri was a stupid idea I mean on the commericals it works but in real life its crap.

Me: "Siri,Call mom"

Siri: "Contacting the local Mcdonalds"

i like the control panel option if it can be customized some how.
photo editing seems cool, atm we need apps to do it

siri i cant comment on as i never had it, iphone 4 :(

but being honest with u guys, i love my iphone but im considering switching to the galexy S4 on my next upgrade

I got iOS7 installed on my iPhone/iPad.  So far, I'm pretty impressed.  The new UI isn't as bad in person as it was on the screenshots I saw.  I like the transition effects when closing/opening apps and folders.  As much as I've hated on the flat design, I have to admit it feels modern.  Maybe, I'm getting used to it since so many companies are switching to it.

Also, it's nice to get the latest version of the OS the day it is released.  All you haters (aka Android users) can't say the same :)

I love my android to death. More powerful spec wise than any iphone is, and much much much more personalizable.

And my physical slide out key board is amazing <3

WP8.1 >All.

No seriously, I'm in love with the windows phone OS though. It's quick, clean, live tiles are awesome, and does everything I need it to do and more...oh and without paying my service provider extra to use my phone as a wifi hotspot.

I love how it makes your phone water proof now! So awesome!!

iOS7-waterproofs-your-phone.jpg

Yea if only, http://bit.ly/18sE8zS

EDIT: I did some more research and can say that this ad that Pepsi found is true and my news source proving it wrong is just a fake hoxe.

Edited by Area51Brett