Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
AOBLXIX

No more voting on BF4 Clans

As a Vet Admin here in ADK I was present when all this happened and have seen the PM's back and forth between you and our founder. Instead of making those PM's public or trying to simply bash your site or your community we told our members what was going on from the public outlook, told them they did not need to visit anymore and gave a few details why without there being need for drama and so forth.

If you check out our server ranks for Battlefield...

http://www.adkgamers.com/servers

You can see that we have the best recruitment and traffic tool there with our server being 3rd, 9th, 44th and 78th in the world. Going to the BFClans website and showcasing there was simply another outlet and not really what we relied on for getting our name known. We have that already. Yes, you do have the right to promote whatever site or community you want but it is a far different with what you have the right to do and what is right to do. The errors we received were 403 errors, not 404. Any website developer worth his salt knows a 403 is 99% server side blocking incoming requests.

We sat in our Teamspeak over the last weeks and noticed a tremendous spike in your voting on your site for your community out of nowhere and decided to finally look into it. We then reached out to our sister community's and Steam groups ect asking people to vote as well and with all the incoming votes we had managed to pull it still was not enough and finally decided to call bullshit as so many are putting it.

The bottom line is that you being part of Team Europe and controlling a site that has your community placed on it competing with others is a conflict of interest. No one is going to trust your stats now since that fact is public and known. That is simply the way the FPS community has worked for years when a community is behind a site such as BFClans running it and also partaking in it as well in those scenarios.

I think the core issue in all this is how you decided to carry yourself, the BFClan site, Team Europe during your Email responses with our founder and that is for him to speak on if he decides he even wants too. Making it sound like we were butt hurt and upset over the situation was the farthest thing from what we were actually feeling. We were upset we pushed our members as hard as we could to go and vote when we were set to loose to begin with. We were upset cause we lead our community as a hard as we did for something that was stacked against us. And for that we apologized to our members and thanked them for their efforts.

We have learned from this and are more cautious as a community in where we devote our time, our votes and our viewing of ads to help a website who maintain revenue to keep going. It was never about making the top of a list or proving our community is more dominate then anyone else. Its about community pride, trust and honor among players and friends. This is why our community on BFClans had so many comments and replys on it. People know us. They respect us. We strive to be the example and not be the trend and with us being removed as quick as we were off your site people have began talking and assuming.

If our founder decides to be placed on BFClans again then I will trust his decision and support it. If he doesn't then we stand where we are at this moment in time. We are a community and more so a family. We never refer to ourselves as a 'clan'. I encourage our community members not to reply until AOB has made his in response to this new information being posted and we shall go from there.

We were getting 403 errors, not 404 errors.     I think that plugin creates 404 errors.   And I mean normal people were getting it, so were we getting it because of the fact that we were pushing people to vote?     That's where it would have been nice if you could have brought something up and said "Hey I'll look into it" (Like I expected you would based on previous interactions), but instead you just said it's the internet you have nothing to do with it.     That was pretty frustrating and that's where I had a suspicion that things were going downhill. 

And I brought up the whole promoting your site in the email.s.   Yes you can do whatever you want, BUT if you're trying to be a neutral voting ground then why the heck are you going to do things without informing others, especially the ones who have donated money which just ended up being FOR YOU, and not truly for Team Europe.   That's something else that frustrated me, but I was going to let that slide and still try to work with you. . I even said I'd be willing to send some money for promotions again.     But so as you said the money was for you, to take care of yourself as Team Europe didn't need any of it.  

I also mentioned how if you want people to know that your site is run by/for Team Europe then put something at the bottom or shoot you could even put it in the main nav bar.  Which then it'll be on EVERY page, not just one page.   

You felt ADK didn't want to be there yet I said multiple times that I would like to stay on the site and try to work through these issues, but you still went ahead and deleted us anyways. 

As of now we will not be joining back, maybe in the future. . . a break is needed though.   We've spent countless hours working to get our stats to where they got them and it means nothing now.    We've pushed our members, and regulars to the brink of insanity for voting (and as I mentioned this was the ONLY website that we were voting like that.) and it honestly means nothing now.   (I can show text messages between myself and one of the other leaders here for when I was out of town basically telling him to motivate people to vote)  We were doing everything we could think of to get more votes from our official members and regulars visiting the website.  Which all went down the drain.    You did refund the money that was sent and I said I accept/appreciate that. . but that wasn't the main issue unfortunately.    

I think Pepsi said a lot of great points which I don't need to go over again, but at this time we will not be joining again.   We might be more inclined if the voting was changed to "Monthly" voting rather than weekly, but we're not going to expect our members to put in the effort they just did for the past few weeks.  

So thanks for the offer, but it's currently going to be a pass from us.  

Guest davespanzer

Thanks for the quick replies.

I really have no idea what the server errors were coming from. First I thought it could just be normal down time or some other network error. Then I remembered the anti-chat vote plugin that was just added may be the cause. I am still getting reports of connection problems, so all in all Im still working on that problem.

Things are still changing on BF4 Clans and I understand errors have been made. I will keep working to find a better solution for everyone from making voting monthly, to how I can balance the promotion of my own site. I apologize again for my mistakes and poor judgment. My offer still stands so your free to contact me anytime. I hope you can understand that I never had anything against ADK and I wish the best for your community.

Over and out.

Alright to elaborate further, there is no need to go and post comments on the Team Europe section of the BF4Clans website.     As you can see I didn't post any emails to try to bag on someone, rather stating WHY we are no longer actively participating on that website and that I appreciate the support that everyone gave us.  

I want to think that we all hold ourselves to higher standards than that so lets keep it that way please.   Right now I'm not seeing any comments posted, not sure if they were removed from others or yourselves but if you have posted please remove them.   And if you are thinking about posting please just save it for yourself. 

Thanks

Alright to elaborate further, there is no need to go and post comments on the Team Europe section of the BF4Clans website.     As you can see I didn't post any emails to try to bag on someone, rather stating WHY we are no longer actively participating on that website and that I appreciate the support that everyone gave us.  

I want to think that we all hold ourselves to higher standards than that so lets keep it that way please.   Right now I'm not seeing any comments posted, not sure if they were removed from others or yourselves but if you have posted please remove them.   And if you are thinking about posting please just save it for yourself. 

Thanks

Well, a few weeks ago I had somehow posted on the site as a guest but it was supposed to be on ours, idk how it ended up on theirs which i guess that should have been a red flag too, (has any of your comments from our page been moved to theirs?)

so needless to say as being a guest i cannot change or delete it, it wasn't a flame, it was a praise that was meant for the ADK one.  :/

I hardly play battlefield (Planetside 2 for the win) but I still voted twice a day (pc and phone) and this is seriously dissapointing:/.

Wow.  Hey Dave whatever your name is.  It's called a conflict of interest.  If you can't figure out that stat padding and giving unique advantage to your own clan on an all-clan voting/ranking site, you're a bigger douche bag than I even thought possible after reading AOB's first post.  To actually come in here and defend that is, without exception, the stupidest thing I've ever seen from a clan or clean leader and reveals your lack of ethics, lack of leadership and, quite honestly, your European-ness.  If you're really the leader of TE, if those guys know what's good for them they'll either have a coup and depose you or just abandon you en masse.  There's nowhere to go but down when leadership personnel has such an amazing lack of integrity.  

Wow.  Hey Dave whatever your name is.  It's called a conflict of interest.  If you can't figure out that stat padding and giving unique advantage to your own clan on an all-clan voting/ranking site, you're a bigger douche bag than I even thought possible after reading AOB's first post.  To actually come in here and defend that is, without exception, the stupidest thing I've ever seen from a clan or clean leader and reveals your lack of ethics, lack of leadership and, quite honestly, your European-ness.  If you're really the leader of TE, if those guys know what's good for them they'll either have a coup and depose you or just abandon you en masse.  There's nowhere to go but down when leadership personnel has such an amazing lack of integrity.  

570.gif

Guest davespanzer
My very first reply to the recent emails from AOBLXIX was me explaining my situation and I dint try to cover anything up or lie, I told AOBLXIX the truth. I've removed my site from the voting process, they don't even have a stats page to rank on now. All I have is an advert for my site displayed on the top left. Its the least I can do for doing all the work on BF4 Clans, facebook and twitter, if my own site can not vote or be ranked. So I've removed the conflict of interest and my number one goal is still to help everyone find the right clans to join worldwide on all platforms. BF4 Clans is also not the main source of advertisement. My work on facebook is more productive in terms of promoting content. I can promote Battlefield websites, videos, community events and more to reach thousands of people. If I all I cared about was pushing my own agenda I would never try so hard to promote other communities to the rest of the world. I've made significant changes to how things are run on BF4 Clans and I remain committed to promoting everyone equally. I apologize for my mistakes and I'm willing to make it up to the ADK community.

Locking thread since AOB put this to rest on page 2 and now posts are needing to hidden. To sum it up just read below once again..

We were getting 403 errors, not 404 errors.     I think that plugin creates 404 errors.   And I mean normal people were getting it, so were we getting it because of the fact that we were pushing people to vote?     That's where it would have been nice if you could have brought something up and said "Hey I'll look into it" (Like I expected you would based on previous interactions), but instead you just said it's the internet you have nothing to do with it.     That was pretty frustrating and that's where I had a suspicion that things were going downhill. 

And I brought up the whole promoting your site in the email.s.   Yes you can do whatever you want, BUT if you're trying to be a neutral voting ground then why the heck are you going to do things without informing others, especially the ones who have donated money which just ended up being FOR YOU, and not truly for Team Europe.   That's something else that frustrated me, but I was going to let that slide and still try to work with you. . I even said I'd be willing to send some money for promotions again.     But so as you said the money was for you, to take care of yourself as Team Europe didn't need any of it.  

I also mentioned how if you want people to know that your site is run by/for Team Europe then put something at the bottom or shoot you could even put it in the main nav bar.  Which then it'll be on EVERY page, not just one page.   

You felt ADK didn't want to be there yet I said multiple times that I would like to stay on the site and try to work through these issues, but you still went ahead and deleted us anyways. 

As of now we will not be joining back, maybe in the future. . . a break is needed though.   We've spent countless hours working to get our stats to where they got them and it means nothing now.    We've pushed our members, and regulars to the brink of insanity for voting (and as I mentioned this was the ONLY website that we were voting like that.) and it honestly means nothing now.   (I can show text messages between myself and one of the other leaders here for when I was out of town basically telling him to motivate people to vote)  We were doing everything we could think of to get more votes from our official members and regulars visiting the website.  Which all went down the drain.    You did refund the money that was sent and I said I accept/appreciate that. . but that wasn't the main issue unfortunately.    

I think Pepsi said a lot of great points which I don't need to go over again, but at this time we will not be joining again.   We might be more inclined if the voting was changed to "Monthly" voting rather than weekly, but we're not going to expect our members to put in the effort they just did for the past few weeks.  

So thanks for the offer, but it's currently going to be a pass from us.