Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Guneddown

Bitcoin mining for ADK

Bitcoin mining isn't worth the time or electricity needed to make any kind of money. Unless you invest heavily in an ASIC or some other dedicated bitcoin miner you're not going to be making any money at all because of electricity costs.

Bitxcoin is proven to be a very unstable form of currency anyways.

exactly what I was saying lol.  if you REALLY wanna make money, order the miners and then sell the PRE ORDER (lol on ebay) on ebay for 4x profit :)

Edited by Field_Sweeper

Talk to Brennet he'll help you two.

us two??  i have NO interest in bitcoin mining lol.

also the Titan IS the best GPU, you know why?  Due to to GPU boost and the recent Bios updates it actually does beat the 690 in some appliucations, AND even in the few that the 690 brings out higer performance, it is still SLI meaning, the micro studder, and crashes, and any other SLI related issues show them selves when using an SLI based card.

all in all its kind of a matter of opinion but the majority of opinions agree, that a single CARD (whether dual GPU or not) the best is a card not running in SLI (or crossfire for that matter).

If you DO want to get into SLI then since the 690 is already dual SLI, then the max you can have is 2 cards.  the titan can use up to 4, which will BLOW away any current gen sup of of GPU's (consumer grade, but probably even some workstation cards as well lol)  putting aside the power requirements (since you probably will not have an issue since you spent 4K on GPUs you may wanna spend at least several hundred on a PSU lol.

Price must ALWAYS be left aside when talking about PERFORMANCE,  it can ONLY be used when talking about VALUE,  no matter how much something costs, it can still perform great or bad.  they can even lower the cost or raise the cost just based on demand.  

and when talking about 4 way titan sli, cost is NOT an issue any ways, if it is to some people they are discussing things out of there means, and should not really even be a part of it.

I just do not like when people say well the titan is good but the 680's (now 780s) are better cus they perform only a little (actually more than most think) less than the titan BUT they COST less.

NO CRAP THEY DO, they are less performing lmao.

BUT all in all.  any none sli card of similar performance I think beats out any sli card of approx equal performance JUST due to the fact that SLI (and crossfire) have some driver issues, and in some cases (games too) can actually hinder performance. OR make the experience less than ideal.

NVIDIA's CUDA implementation kind of sucks anyways.

AMD's implementation gives exponentially better performance in GPU processing.

well that's just not true AT ALL.

in fact AMD computational aspects are quite known for not even coming close.   HOWEVER in THIS instance the program was designed for AMD architecture (OpenGL)

but over all EVERYONE knows that for GPGPU processing, Nvidia is currently the most widely used AND known for it.

us two??  i have NO interest in bitcoin mining lol.

also the Titan IS the best GPU, you know why?  Due to to GPU boost and the recent Bios updates it actually does beat the 690 in some appliucations, AND even in the few that the 690 brings out higer performance, it is still SLI meaning, the micro studder, and crashes, and any other SLI related issues show them selves when using an SLI based card.

all in all its kind of a matter of opinion but the majority of opinions agree, that a single CARD (whether dual GPU or not) the best is a card not running in SLI (or crossfire for that matter).

If you DO want to get into SLI then since the 690 is already dual SLI, then the max you can have is 2 cards.  the titan can use up to 4, which will BLOW away any current gen sup of of GPU's (consumer grade, but probably even some workstation cards as well lol)  putting aside the power requirements (since you probably will not have an issue since you spent 4K on GPUs you may wanna spend at least several hundred on a PSU lol.

Price must ALWAYS be left aside when talking about PERFORMANCE,  it can ONLY be used when talking about VALUE,  no matter how much something costs, it can still perform great or bad.  they can even lower the cost or raise the cost just based on demand.  

and when talking about 4 way titan sli, cost is NOT an issue any ways, if it is to some people they are discussing things out of there means, and should not really even be a part of it.

I just do not like when people say well the titan is good but the 680's (now 780s) are better cus they perform only a little (actually more than most think) less than the titan BUT they COST less.

NO CRAP THEY DO, they are less performing lmao.

BUT all in all.  any none sli card of similar performance I think beats out any sli card of approx equal performance JUST due to the fact that SLI (and crossfire) have some driver issues, and in some cases (games too) can actually hinder performance. OR make the experience less than ideal.

well that's just not true AT ALL.

in fact AMD computational aspects are quite known for not even coming close.   HOWEVER in THIS instance the program was designed for AMD architecture (OpenGL)

but over all EVERYONE knows that for GPGPU processing, Nvidia is currently the most widely used AND known for it.

The scaling seems horrible. The more cards the less performance increase. Going from 2 to 3 cards is only a 6% boost on 1920 x 1200. Also no.  It was not designed for AMD. The architecture that AMD uses utilizes more cores which can test more answers faster.

The scaling seems horrible. The more cards the less performance increase. Going from 2 to 3 cards is only a 6% boost on 1920 x 1200. Also no.  It was not designed for AMD. The architecture that AMD uses utilizes more cores which can test more answers faster.

Do what I did, I bought a few BTC for like $5 a piece a few years ago, and then I sold them for $260 a piece a couple months ago. You have to play the crypto currencies by investing. Right now I would advise you to invest in LTC ($2.73) or TRC ($0.13), You may just be a millionaire in a few years. I wish I had invested $10K into BTC a couple years ago, I'd have a few million dollars now. If you want to trade use BTC-E or Mt.Gox, BTC-E has a large variety of currencies, Mt.Gox is just BTC right now. Here's a wiki article about all of the different crypto currencies right now. https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/List_of_alternative_cryptocurrencies

Man, really wish I had started then HAHAHA. was looking for old wallets in my email and saw some post replies from here. HAHA reading this this now makes me have that man wish I bought that lotto ticket that won HAHAHA.

Hate to bring back an old topic, but sorta relevent now would love to see some of your opinions now.  Mine still stand s and even more so BUT had you mined back then IF you actually got any coins, you'd def have a good amount of money now. but even then vs now the viability seems to not have increased. meaning at the current cost vs difficulty the hardware etc. seems you never quit reach your break even point. and back then at that price, either. BUT had you held on to it then sure. albeit at this point I can't imagine the price going much higher.

Edited by Field_Sweeper

Also thanks to miners for destroying the gpu market.  So a casual gamer(a large segment of our community) can't really afford a new gpu.

Hind sight is always 20/20 and there are others that don't care what happens in the wake of gains.  I appreciate the intent this was started in, if only it worked as hoped.