Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Sign in to follow this  
YABV

Hello I am YABV

Hello guys, my name is Alex

I was invited to join ADK by Zargen

YABV is actually all my initials put together... People usually ask "how do you say that?" I usually respond by saying Alex.

I have been playing with ADK in Planetside 2 a lot lately so I decided it was a good Idea to join the forums. Nice to meet you all.

Good on ya Alex.  I have seen you a lot and often been in units you were leading when no one else would take them.  Once my voice recovers, would happily have you in one of mine any time. 

Make sure to post around in other parts of the forum, and get your time in on our PS2 TeamSpeak channel (I think you already probably have done that, but you need to be in there when you can!).

Again, glad to see you finally do this, you are long overdue and a great addition to ADK!

~Dim

Thanks,

I actually get on teamspeak almost all the time now. The first time I took Platoon lead, I almost immediately told everyone that I had no idea what I was doing. xD

It was pretty funny. Now I try to just squad lead because Platoon lead is usually overwhelming with the randoms that don't listen. I only ask for platoon lead when there isn't anyone else more qualified.

~Alex

Hey Alex, YABV is pretty unique sounding and its even great that its your initials placed together. I haven't played planetside 2 in awhile, is it still resource heavy? anyway, wish you all the best

Hey Alex, YABV is pretty unique sounding and its even great that its your initials placed together. I haven't played planetside 2 in awhile, is it still resource heavy? anyway, wish you all the best

Afraid it is, and terribly under-optimized - rather more like as if they decided to take the route that is farthest from even random encounters with 'less-resource-hogging' behavior.  I seriously love the game, but it really makes me cry sometimes when I think of how much they could open up the ability of the program to support weaker systems.

Afraid it is, and terribly under-optimized - rather more like as if they decided to take the route that is farthest from even random encounters with 'less-resource-hogging' behavior.  I seriously love the game, but it really makes me cry sometimes when I think of how much they could open up the ability of the program to support weaker systems.

I just re-installed ps2 so I'll hopefully join you in the ts channel, i'm still debating if I should drop some coin and get some good lewt off the in game market. Have you purchased any? but when I was playing PS2 initially I only had one 560 gtx. Now I have two titans sli'ed. Cheers

I just re-installed ps2 so I'll hopefully join you in the ts channel, i'm still debating if I should drop some coin and get some good lewt off the in game market. Have you purchased any? but when I was playing PS2 initially I only had one 560 gtx. Now I have two titans sli'ed. Cheers

Unfortunately, unless you are running multiple monitors or very large resolution single screens, PS2 is primarily CPU-bottlenecked in mainstream res with anything above a 470/560.  While there are still a few cases where your GPU will lag out (depending on settings) its very light, and the primay culprit will be CPU (almost 100% of the time if you are set to low-ish even with the cards I have listed!). 

What this means is that ONE Titan is already nuking a dead horse on anything other than super-res (multiple screen resolutions) because current CPUs rely on multiple cores that in fact the game coding doesn't (can't) take advantage of. 

While there are tweaking guides that will help you a little with this CPU behavior, primarily, you need the fastest, most efficient consumer CPU (currently top level Intel IBs) and overclock it, and then set to those settings that will cut down on CPU-intensive behavoir as much as you can.

Edited by Dimwit