Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Fink

Post Pictures of Your Gaming PC

This is what it did look like till i tore it down 2 days ago to sell off...

CPU- AMD Fx-6100 
Motherboard-MSI 970 Gaming AM3+ 
Ram: 16GB of Hyper X 1600mhz ( Hyper X Black and Red Kits) 

Graphics Card- Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 960 2GB 

Fractal Define R4 with side window

SSD's- Adata 120GB and Kingston v300 240GB

Hard Drive- Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue 

Seasonic M12II EVO 520 Watt Full Modular Power Supply 
Cablemod Sleeved Cables (Black and Red) Full replacement cable kit.

Samsung S23D590L 24in Monitor

Cooler Master Devistator 2 keyboard and mouse ( red led)
Razer Deathadder Chroma Mouse 

Glorious XXL mouse pad 

Creative Fatality Headset
Asus DVD Burner

My PC 2.jpg

My PC 3.jpg

My PC 4.jpg

My PC 5.jpg

My PC.jpg

I was getting into Pc Gaming for the first time and this is what i get...... Is it a waist of money? Good for a first timer Pc Gamer? 

IMG_0796[1].JPG

@Omar  I believe it should be ok for todays games, but don't expect to run things on Ultra settings. 

With that said the first thing I would consider is upgrading that 2TB hard drive to an SSD hard drive.  The SSD hard drive will speed up load times allot in both windows and games.  I personally run a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB and love it.  I wouldn't go lower than 500GB so you can put windows and your main games on it.  You can then use the 2TB drive as a secondary for pictures, videos, etc.

That video card is last generation as AMD has the R9 now.  If you find your FPS is low in game you might consider an upgrade.  I went from an Nvidia GT650Ti to a GTX 960 and the difference was huge.  I now get over 110FPS in games and no lag at all.  So, it's something to think about.

Ok, so this is my humble opinion.  

This is my current gaming rig and setup.

20160718_143809.jpg

• CPU: AMD FX-8350
  • CPU COOLER: CORSAIR H100i GTX
  • MOBO: ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z
  • RAM: 16 GB (2 x 8GB) KINGSTON HYPERX (BLUE MODULE) @ 1866 MHz
  • GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 970 SSC 4GB
  • NIC CARD: ASUS PCE-AC68 (Wireless-AC1900 WiFi card)
  • PSU: CORSAIR CX850M 80 PLUS BRONZE
  • HARD DRIVES: 
    • Boot: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD
    • Main Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD & PNY CS1311 480GB SDD in RAID
    • Media: Seagate 2TB HDD @ 7200 RPM
  • CASE: NZXT PHANTOM 820
  • PERIPHERALS:
    • Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma
    • Mouse: Razer Mamba Chroma Tournament Edition
    • Mousepad: Razer Firefly
    • Monitors: Samsung 27" & 2 Dell 23"

My lovely setup! I use a sit/stand desk which has been awesome to me. I have no brand loyalty so I have Razer headphones, a Logitech mouse, and a Steel Series keyboard... lol.

I do enjoy streaming on Twitch (rarely though!) but when I do I make crafts and just socialize. To show off what I'm doing with my hands in terms of crafting/painting I setup my Ipevo Ziggi-HD Plus Document Camera. Super fun to use and is pictured off to the side behind my monitor.

20160719_211039.jpg

Edited by Dagny

SYSTEM

Motherboard
Asus Z170-A
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz Quad Core 8MB 95W
Ram
Crucial 32GB DDR4-2133 (2x16GB)
Video Card
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB ACX 2.0+
Sound Card
Onboard Sound
Storage
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5inch SSD
Comments: Primary drive.
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5inch SSD
Comments: Secondary drive.
CD / DVD
Asus 24x DVD-RW SATA (Black)
Case
Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 Power Supply
CPU Cooling
Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler (Rev. 2)
Additional Cooling
Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound
OS
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

fPwMUc3.jpg

kIz8ken.jpg

2y8ishS.jpg

c95DxJg.jpg

c9dUrpK.jpg

New pictures of my gaming setup.  First you should know that I have been gaming on a 24" wide desk that didn't fit my mouse and keyboard (keyboard hung half off the tray), so it was a pain.  So, with that in mind I started looking for a new desk which ended up being the Autonomous smartdesk 2 black on black.  It's huge compared to my other desk, looks really good being a black shiny desktop with black legs, and it fits everything I need on my desktop.  Spreading out it good :).  Love the desk and got it in 4 days, so pretty fast shipping too.

I then bought my first 144Hz monitor and after much research I ended up with the Asus VG278HV 27".  It was either the Asus or the equivalent BenQ monitor and after researching youtube and google I ended up with the Asus.  Mostly because of the fact that the BenQ monitors picture looked washed out compared to the Asus.  I have to say that I really like the picture of the Asus.

Edit forgot:  The main reason I"m posting this is to show my new desk and monitor, but also how I have everything setup.  Loving this new setup.

Ok, so here are the pics, but please ignore the quality since my camera broke and I had to use my tablet.

20170117_101409.jpg

20170117_101431.jpg

20170117_101359.jpg

Edited by Wacko920

Here is my current setup:
CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.8 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80677I57600K Desktop Processor
MOBO: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO/Whetstone LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 U.2 USB 3.1 Z170 ATX Motherboard
GFX:  MSI GeForce GTX 1080 DirectX 12 GTX 1080 GAMING 8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 x16 
PSU:  CORSAIR RMx Series RM750X 750W 80 PLUS GOLD Haswell Ready Full Modular
RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)
CASE: NZXT S340 Elite Black/Red Steel/Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case
Headset: Corsair Gaming VOID Surround Hybrid Stereo Gaming Headset with Dolby 7.1 USB Adapter - Red
CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 Extreme Performance Water / Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm 
Case Fans: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition CO-9050002-WW 120mm Twin Pack High Airflow Case Fan
Monitor: MSI Gaming Monitor 27" Curved non-Glare LED Wide Screen 1920 x 1080 144Hz Refresh Rate (Optix G27C)
Keyboard: Corsair Gaming STRAFE MX Silent Mechanical Keyboard, Backlit Red LED, Cherry MX Silent
Mouse: Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse
Gaming Mat: Corsair Gaming MM300 Anti-Fray Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad, Extended
Storage: 2x Corsair MX300 525GB SSD & 1 3TB Seagate 7200 rpm HDD

Overclocked through BIOS by x36 at 4.3 Ghz

17388786_10154303630432050_6726268687455224233_o.jpg

17390837_10154302882312050_1319007895917600228_o.jpg

IMG_20170529_120137.jpg

Edited by McCrab

This is an old pic of my current build.  AMD 8370 processor, 16 GB RAM, and (at the time) an EVGA GTX 970 GPU that has been replaced by a Gigabyte Aorus 1060.  This build will soon be replaced by a Ryzen build. I just have to order the rest of the liquid cooling parts & cable sleeve once I get my tax refund.  It will be a black & purple build with a couple RGB accents on the mobo and reservoir (nothing overpowering enough to look like unicorn vomit).

IMAG0226.jpg

IMAG0230.jpg

22 hours ago, Wacko920 said:

Like the PC @VeeVee.  Specially the cabling with the multi color.  I just went all black extensions on mine, and wish I had gone full length.  Maybe in my next build.

The sleeve isn't actually full-length.  EVGA does some shenanigans with their proprietary PSU-side connectors that involve capacitors and double wires (two wires PSU-side that end up being crimped into one terminal on the other end).  Only the stock cables for the SuperNOVAs have the caps - the "premium" pre-sleeved cables that are sold separately lack them.  I just hacked off the caps and sleeved the visible ends of each cable, since they aren't necessary.  Hidden behind the motherboard tray is a section of each cable that is bare and ghetto AF.  It also saved me money because I only had to buy enough sleeve to cover the ends that were visible.  The only tools I used for the sleeve were scissors, a disposable lighter, and a bent bobby pin that had the little round nub cut off the end (way better for popping out ATX terminals that any other pre-made tool I used, and free because I'm a lady and have a whole pack of them just sitting in my room).

On 1/4/2018 at 2:32 PM, VeeVee said:

The sleeve isn't actually full-length.  EVGA does some shenanigans with their proprietary PSU-side connectors that involve capacitors and double wires (two wires PSU-side that end up being crimped into one terminal on the other end).  Only the stock cables for the SuperNOVAs have the caps - the "premium" pre-sleeved cables that are sold separately lack them.  I just hacked off the caps and sleeved the visible ends of each cable, since they aren't necessary.  Hidden behind the motherboard tray is a section of each cable that is bare and ghetto AF.  It also saved me money because I only had to buy enough sleeve to cover the ends that were visible.  The only tools I used for the sleeve were scissors, a disposable lighter, and a bent bobby pin that had the little round nub cut off the end (way better for popping out ATX terminals that any other pre-made tool I used, and free because I'm a lady and have a whole pack of them just sitting in my room).

I actually bought extension cables for mine.  The only problem is they aren't long enough to reach the psu area so they have to take up allot of area behind the door.  We do what we have to do to make it look good, lol.

I purchased a new computer case for my computer because I wanted better airflow.  I bought the Phanteks P400S which has a three speed fan controller, and an rgb light controller built in.  Here is what I have:

Phanteks P400S

AMD FX6300

Gigabyte GA990FXA UD3 

Corsair PC1600 @ 16GB

Gigabyte GTX960 overclocked video card

Intel Nic card (onboard nic not so good)

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

Seagate Barracuda 1TB drive

EVGA G2 Platinum 850watt PSU

Swiftech H220 Prestige watercooler w/ Noisblocker 120mm fans

A Noctua 120mm, a Noctua 140mm, and a generic blue lighted fan

I sit two feet from my computer and can't hear it unless I put the fans on high and then it's barely audible with a light air sound.  

Picture was taking with tablet, so not so good.

IMG_20180111_195026.jpg

Let's see those rigs!  There's a bunch of new folks around here and we haven't seen your gaming rigs, so post them even if you think yours isn't as good.  There's no judging here!  :)   I'll post a picture of my setup after I clean my desk this weekend and fix where one of my monitors is at.

My current setup

mysetup.png

I originally had the 2 smaller monitors mounted on a stand as well but decided to put them back on their normal bases and do a little rearranging of how I had it setup before.

Lets see all of your setups!

Since I got my new RAM and SSD in the mail today, I decided it was a good time to mount the CPU and waterblock as well.  This will eventually be replacing the UV blue build posted above, and I will all be fitting in a Thermaltake Core X31 case.

IMAG0118.jpg

Thanks.  I still have to get the last of the liquid cooling parts and cable sleeve.  This build will be black & purple.  I'll be using Primochill Candy Purple radiators, a Primochill reservoir with clear tube, black end caps, and Candy Purple compression rings.  I don't have any hardware for cutting/bending hard tube, so I'll just be using their purple soft tubing with black fittings from Barrow.  I'll also be making my own cable extensions with black and purple sleeve.  The CPU waterblock, GPU waterblock (also Barrow, not pictured), and tube res will all have LEDs in them, controlled by the motherdoard (which also has LEDs).

On 2/3/2018 at 9:45 AM, AOBLXIX said:

My current setup

mysetup.png

I originally had the 2 smaller monitors mounted on a stand as well but decided to put them back on their normal bases and do a little rearranging of how I had it setup before.

Lets see all of your setups!

I like the 3rd Monitor.  Also love the 2 Benq monitors i got the same thing.  

Two mice???? 

Also no one wants to see my old school mic, track ball or case with no lights or see through panels.

1 hour ago, CaGregorio said:

I like the 3rd Monitor.  Also love the 2 Benq monitors i got the same thing.  

Two mice???? 

Also no one wants to see my old school mic, track ball or case with no lights or see through panels.

Yeah. . have had the 3rd monitor for almost 2 years now I'd say and love it.   And 2 mice. . one is the mouse that I use pretty much all time.  The other is the Naga for Tera/FF/WoW/RO  Tried using a track ball and no thanks  lol

I started playing around with some of the liquid cooling bits today.  For some reason, all of the screws sent by Primochill for the radiator mounts are 6-32, even though the radiator uses M3.  Luckily, I have a bunch of misc. screws and spacers handy to fix that problem.  In retrospect, it's probably a good thing because it gives me a bit of an air gap between the radiator and the plates/pump for airflow once the fans are installed on the other side of the rad (pump/res -> radiator -> case frame -> fans -> case cover w/ built in dust filter).  I may add an adjustable extension on the inlet at the bottom of the pump just so everything lines up perfectly straight with the bendy fitting on the outlet on the radiator.  Not necessary with soft tubing, but it still triggers the OCD.  I also have a clear plastic anti-vortex coil, LED stick plug, and the fitting on the pump outlet also has a temp sensor attached, as my motherboard has some extra temp sensor headers.  I also have a drain port set up for maintenance reasons.  I still have to sleeve the cable extensions, though.  I just got some generic ones off of Amazon with the default wire colors. I just had to make sure that the plastic connectors on the visible sides of the extensions were black instead of white.

IMAG0144.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

New update with the purple build:  Now that everything was given a preliminary flush, I'm starting to actually put the components in, as well as sleeve the cable extensions.  I'm still waiting on a few black ribbon-style fan cables (similar to the cables on Corsair fans) to match the small ribbon cables used for the internal header connectors (USB, Audio, RGB & RGBW channels, front panel, etc), which is part of the reason I haven't been on the ARK server quite as much for the past couple days.  Real life has been a bit crap lately, so playing around with PC parts has become stress relief.  The video card has not been added to the new system yet, because I am using the 1060 (with stock cooler) in the UV blue build pictured earlier, after giving my sister the 970.  I'm watching GPU prices as they have actually been going down a bit recently, and I'm wondering if I should just take the plunge and trade up for a 1080, as my waterblock is compatible with both my current Gigabyte card, AND the 1080 G1 Gaming model, or just stick with the 1060 for the time being, which would still benefit from liquid cooling.  No, the fans are not RGB. I'm saving that for the waterblocks, reservoir, and motherboard.  I have a roll of generic RGBW light strip that I will cut and add to the roof (and maybe front) of the case.  I'll be playing around with light settings later, once it is up and running.  I also had to zip tie the two 5.25" bay brackets together, because the Icy Dock hot swap drive cage is a bit heavy, and I had a bit of a sag issue.

IMAG0152.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg