Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
AOBLXIX

[Documentaries] Do you watch any?

Do you watch documentaries?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch documentaries?

So what the title says, do you guys watch any documentaries?     Right now I've been watching some documentaries about other countries.    The other night, I watched a video about Russian Prisons.   Most recently I've been watching some videos about North Korea.    One video was taken before the ban was lifted on cameras being allowed in North Korea. 

I think if a majority of people watched these types of videos they would realize how lucky they are compared to a majority of the rest of the world.    It seems as though people take way too many things for granted.   Even I feel that way and I say I'm lucky to be where I'm at. . even during what we might consider difficult times.   

Anyways let us know what type of documentaries you watch!

My wife watches mental institution and crime documentaries all the time. Every time I turn on te TV, I know I will be seeing some show about being inside the mind of a murder or a lunatic.

i love to watch nature documentaries like the planet earth series from the BBC, it's a change to all the misery in the world.. very nice scenery's and beautiful places.

The megafactories series and some other more technical documentaries i like as well.

HBO has some great documentaries.

Other than that I enjoy documentaries by Michael Moore...just kidding, FK HIM!

My all time favorite documentary is Hoop Dreams that "follows the story of two African-American high school students in Chicago and their dream of becoming professional basketball players."

What's kind of crazy is I've been watching stuff on North Korea the past few nights. . and now all of a sudden there's a larger threat from them.   Kind of weird. 

But anyways, the most recent documentary I started watching is about the defects who left South Korea when stationed there after the war and went to the north.     Not finished with it yet, about half way through.   But it's just crazy to think people who defect like that and go to somewhere like North Korea.    So far from what I've seen in the documentary only 1 of the 4 truly wanted to change his lifestyle to live there and as far as I know he's still there today. 

My wife watches mental institution and crime documentaries all the time. Every time I turn on te TV, I know I will be seeing some show about being inside the mind of a murder or a lunatic.

LMAO, I have EXACTLY the same situation, and it begins to make me wonder whether my wife watches these shows to figure out how to murder me and get away with it or because she thinks it helps her to understand me better...

I myself am an addict of the H2 channel, Sci Channel, Military Channel, and I dunno what-all other channels that have documentaries on them... Too many to list, but the most recent one was probably one on Churchill.

@[member='AOBLXIX']

about the defects who left South Korea when stationed there after the war

Usually these turn up in MP3 devices...

Most documentaries don't force feed the American public on what to believe. Hard for many to watch!

Watching a few could show what we have as Americans and Canadians, but then again many state that it is the peoples fault for tolerating it.... That is always a good conversation to have with ignorant people!

So what the title says, do you guys watch any documentaries?     Right now I've been watching some documentaries about other countries.    The other night, I watched a video about Russian Prisons.   Most recently I've been watching some videos about North Korea.    One video was taken before the ban was lifted on cameras being allowed in North Korea. 

I think if a majority of people watched these types of videos they would realize how lucky they are compared to a majority of the rest of the world.    It seems as though people take way too many things for granted.   Even I feel that way and I say I'm lucky to be where I'm at. . even during what we might consider difficult times.   

Anyways let us know what type of documentaries you watch!

Figured i would ask, but have you seen the vice guide to north korea documentary, it's pretty good. You can find it on youtube.  I generally watch a lot of military history and religious history documentaries and sometimes get down on some scientific stuff as well, usually either animals or medical science docs.

Oh yeah and I get a kick outta watching convicts bitch on lock up.  Never ceases to amaze how some never grasp what they have done and only focus on their current predicament lol.

Oh yeah and I get a kick outta watching convicts bitch on lock up.  Never ceases to amaze how some never grasp what they have done and only focus on their current predicament lol.

Lack of people taking responsibility for their actions. Some how we can't grasp that mistakes and inconveniences happen and many times yourself is to blame. The (lack of a better word, but AOB had an amazing way of stating it) selfishness we Americans have leads to ignorance and the expectation of rights followed by "me" and only me is the most important thing to be concerned about.

Many documentaries get me fired up as they are common sense, yet many don't accept it. 

I saw a really good documentary called Three Days in September, its about a Russian school that got taken over by terrorists and the government totally botched the rescue, pretty riveting, and revealing. Not something you'd ever see on US news anyways.

Documentaries I currently DVR are Lockup and the First 48 (My favorite).

Did anyone catch the show on the National Geo channel about the Air Force PJs in Afghanistan? I really enjoyed that one.

I'm a fan of history and military documentaries.  My problem is I have to watch the darn thing over and over again if I want to remember the whole thing.  If I don't do that I remember bits and pieces of it.  Drives me....well....wacko.  I still love watching them.

GOD DAMN IT AOB STOP TRYING TO INTERACT WITH THE COMMUNITY. WE ALL KNOW YOU DON'T CARE AND YOU MAKE A HUGE WAD OF CASH OFF US. GOD FUCKING DAMN IT AOB.

I like the Military ones on the weapons, tactics of snipers and such. They're cool. 

I also enjoy the storage wars show. Alot of the food network touring shows. Bizarre foods. Not really documentaries but yeah. Close enough. 

True. 

But the Travel Channel does have some decent shows on. 

As does food network and TLC. 

Its kinda sad. I'm 25 years old and if you asked me my favorite channels it would be TLC, Food Network, Travel, Animal Planet and The Military Channel. 

LAwlz. 

True. 

But the Travel Channel does have some decent shows on. 

As does food network and TLC. 

Its kinda sad. I'm 25 years old and if you asked me my favorite channels it would be TLC, Food Network, Travel, Animal Planet and The Military Channel. 

LAwlz. 

I see nothing sad about this. At least you're not watching MTV.

I see nothing sad about this. At least you're not watching MTV.

Indeed. Or the crap my kids now watch on Disney. Or the shit on Cartoon Network nowadays. Jesus fuck its bad. 

Dude I am 29 and agree almost 100% with you, except TLC why did they have to turn it into what they did... I miss when it was The Learning Channel.

I don't like the say yes to the dress stuff. 

But some of the other stuff is cool. 

Storage Wars and Property brothers is nice. 

Me and the wife can watch most these shows together with no fighting over what to watch.