Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
tmwisko

Favorite Artist/Band?

As the title says, What's your favorite musical artist/band? I'm curious to get to know some of the people here better and I like music a lot so I figured this would be a good way to do so.

Anyways, my favorite would have to be Three Days Grace. I have all of their albums (even their newest one, Transit to Venus) and I really like their songs' sound.

Little known fact, someone who was in ADK was on tour with 3DG doing setup/tear down and all that good stuff.   He would come play via satellite.  :)

Currently listening to Shinedown which reminds me of 3DG. 

And lets not make this thread a bash fest please.    Keep this to the BAND/ARTISTS that you like!    If you don't like something that someone posts, don't respond to it. 

Little known fact, someone who was in ADK was on tour with 3DG doing setup/tear down and all that good stuff.   He would come play via satellite.   :)

Currently listening to Shinedown which reminds me of 3DG. 

And lets not make this thread a bash fest please.    Keep this to the BAND/ARTISTS that you like!    If you don't like something that someone posts, don't respond to it. 

Shinedown is really good too, I wish I could go to one of the Shinedown and Three Days Grace concerts, but alas I have no time to do so D: 

Tool.

if you ever get to see them live, you will be in awe.

attachicon.giftool_wallpaper-other.jpg

I have never heard of Tool, I'll be sure to check them out! :D

Incubus fro sho. Been listening to them since...about ever.

Good choice! I can't necessarily think of a song that I've heard by them of the top of my head, but I know I've heard of them before and I am pretty sure I liked their music also!

It's hard for me to pick a favorite because I listen to a wide range of music.
Sometimes Tool, sometimes Foo Fighters, sometimes Weezer, or Parkway Drive. Sometimes Dash Berlin, Frank Sinatra, Carnifex or The Notorious B.I.G.
Currently have around 2,000 artists in my personal library @_@

Forgot to mention, I actually play in a post hardcore band called Hope For Tomorrow, we've been pretty successful in the socal area playing shows, winning botb's and whatnot. Alongside that I make trance, dnb, and chillout under the alias "The Auburn Experiment".
Next to gaming, music is the love of my life.

Edited by Blastbeats

Shinedown is really good too, I wish I could go to one of the Shinedown and Three Days Grace concerts, but alas I have no time to do so D: 

I have never heard of Tool, I'll be sure to check them out! :D

Good choice! I can't necessarily think of a song that I've heard by them of the top of my head, but I know I've heard of them before and I am pretty sure I liked their music also!

You have, look up drive, meglomaniac, anna molly, the warmth, stellar, 11 am, pardon me, and/or nice to know you. All of those were extremely popular.

I listen to a wide variety of music but I find I can break it down to the top 4.

1) Sublime-  Lot's of late night parties out in the woods or on the beach and it kept everyone in the right frame of mind. 

2) Rage Against the Machine-  ANGRY!  Intelligent anti-establishment hip hop/rock that made one think outside the box. 

3) Atmosphere-  Abstract hip hop that everytime I listen to it I find I relate to it even more. 

4) Bad Religion-  Punk Rock that makes me feel like I need to pick up a thesaurus for light reading.  And yes,  that is actually a good thing.

*Honorable mention would have to be Avenged Sevenfold and Five Finger Death Punch as Avenged Sevenfold  "Waking the Fallen"  is my favorite album and I've had Five Finger Death Punch CD's on steady rotation for about 9 months now.

First I'm horrible with song names and bands and so forth, i can hardly remember anything.

Favorite of all time at least at the moment - or as a whole - AudioSlave.  I liked Sound Garden (so probably just say Chris Cornell) and all that 90's rock stuff before quite a bit.  3 Doors Down, Pearl Jam that kind of stuff.  Used to own a print shop and worked at least 1 all nighter a week for 4 months of the year  in the early 90's for one of my customers.  The radio and music is about all that kept me awake.  Had to stop that when I almost lost my hand in my Printing Press.  (DUH!!! stupid move)

Dagna for chill

Radio Head.  Had a friend leave it on one night while we were camped out on the boat and I think my subconscious just likes it now.

And for those certain times it's gotta be - "Cocky" by Kid Rock...

Did a bunch of concerts with company before since we had suites at all the arenas and stuff.  Lenny Kravitz with Aerosmith was a pretty amazing concert.

And don't kill me but Justin Timberlake puts on one hell of a show.  Seriously "Bringin Sexy Back" oh yea.... and "Dick in a Box"... Genius...

About the only concert that I didn't like was Foo Fighters with Weezer :(  It was SOOOOOOOOOO Loud that they had to actually close the doors to the suites so some of us old people could go stand in the hall.  Good thing all the booze was in the hall for that one also, about the only thing that saved my hearing.

If you guys have your own stuff you should get us some links, obviously some of us like a wide range of stuff...

Favorite bands are as follows:

1. Avenged Sevenfold

2. Bullet for my Valentine

3. Five Finger Death Punch

4. Three Days Grace

Rumors have it that A7X will be releasing a new album this Fall. http://www.avengedsevenfold.com/content/metal-hammer-m-shadows-wants-new-avenged-sevenfold-album-be-metalrock-classic

I saw these guys in 2011 in Portland, Maine with Three Days Grace and Sevendust. Literally the best concert I have ever been too. A7X ranks #1 on my all time favorite band list and has been there since Middle School.

Here is there newest single from the Black Ops 2 soundtrack:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJbrTgUL0Dk

And if you haven't listened to B4MV's new album that just dropped in Feburary, you're missing out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuF4YSPxL-E

And.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNtZfxPaZK4

Dude!!! The Steve Jobs Tribute is Amazing and Moving.  Too bad i'm so anti Apple .... I might just have to convert... naw... but awesome...

https://soundcloud.com/theauburnexperiment

There is a montage somewhere in there... I'll have to figure out how to record some game stuff...

I have CS5.5 so I have all the tools probably ... just need to figure out how to record the video I think....

Its hard to name just 1.  Most of mine are older: Foo Fighters, Pink Floyd, Stevie Ray Vaughn, U2, Jimmy Hendrix, "The Boss".  Not anything current that I know of...my wife has and Adele Bluray and it was really good.  I saw the Alabama Shakes on something and they were really good...need to see if theyre on spotify.  I listen to a lot of soundtracks also: Ennio Morricone, Hans Zimmer, Phillip Glass, Howard Shore...  If you like listening to music while your in game try the Tron: Legacy soundtrack.  Anyway, heres a link to to the song I heard by the Alabama Shakes.  Anyone else heard any of their other songs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le-3MIBxQTw

Cupbearer I know what you mean about concerts being too loud.  I went to a Third Day concert about 15 years ago and was pumped because I had 3rd row seats.  The opening bands were ok then Third Day came out and it was 2-3 times as loud.  After about 2 min's. my ears started to hurt.  Me and my friends went to the back of the auditorium and it was still too loud.  We went outside the auditorium and it was still loud.  We hung out there about 20 mins. to see if they would turn it down but they never did.  Wish I could have gotten my money back on that one.

Don't really have a favorite, but the ones (in no particular order) that I have geniunely enjoyed since I first started listening to them :

- Incubus

- Foo Fighters

- RHCP

- NIN

- RATM

The Killers, they are currently my favorite. And I would like to thank the people who replied to this thread, I was able to catch some new bands I haven't heard of so cheers. 

As the title says, What's your favorite musical artist/band? I'm curious to get to know some of the people here better and I like music a lot so I figured this would be a good way to do so.

Anyways, my favorite would have to be Three Days Grace. I have all of their albums (even their newest one, Transit to Venus) and I really like their songs' sound.

Linking park is the shit :)

1. Supercell (Japanese band)

2. Fade (Japanese alternative rock band)

3. Ludwig van Beethoven (gotta have classical sometimes)

4. AWOLNATION

5. Daft Punk

6. Incubus

7. LiSA (Japanese artist)

8. Sound Horizon (Japanese band)