Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 

Also, does anyone think I would benefit from using a mousepad, I quit using one when my old one wore out years ago and was to lazy to go into town for one and got used to it.  It's been so long I really cant remember how it feels to have my mouse on a pad.

I think you might end up liking a mouse pad again actually.  

I think you might end up liking a mouse pad again actually.  

I have been thinking the same thing, I'm probably gonna buy one of those huge ones you have for sale later this week.

I personally use a Razer Taipan. quite a very ergonomic mouse, mousepad is a Razer Goliathus Extended mousepad. Pretty comfortable though it is quite a pain to properly clean.

I recently picked up a Razer Vespula mouse pad from Hastings because I was using a huge MTG gaming pad for a mouse pad, but when I got a new desk it was just too big.  Now when I bought the mouse pad I got it for the gel filled wrist rest because my wrist has been bothering me a lot lately from bowling and gaming.  Once I unpacked it I realized that the pad was actually a hard surfaced dual sided pad.  One side has a slight gritty feel like fine sand paper and the other is nearly as smooth as my desk.  I never really felt that mouse pads were needed for gaming but I am very happy with this pad.

Also I am not a fan of Razer products but in this case they won me over.

Here is a link to the one I have ... http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mouse-mats/razer-vespula

For heavier mice like g9x plastic mousepads work a lot better, when I had a g9x i used the steelseries 4hd and it worked great. Now I have a deathadder which is far lighter and didn't work well(slides way to fast) with the 4hd so i ended up switching to the steelseries qck which is great for lighter mice.

Edited by 0nly1Fear

I think the keyboard and mouse are primary for a gamer, and there are a lot of choices out there. My preference is Saitek when it comes to keyboards, I have a Cyborg (red leds) and a Razer Naga mouse (went through 3 of them already, but once you go Naga.... well you can't go back to a normal mouse and I really love all the different addition you can customise to your hand for a perfect fit)

That being said, i also use a Razer Vespula mouse pad, that comes with a flip serface pad and a gel rest for your wrist to minimise carpel tunnel and other issues from extensive gaming.

Has anyone seen the soon to be released Roccat Tyon?  Plenty of advertising hype here but I recently purchased one of their keyboards and the quality is top notch.

http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Mice/ROCCAT-Tyon/

I've been doing a lot of flying lately and can think of a few uses for some of the new buttons they're pioneering here.  :)

On that note, my keyboard recently died, i over cleaned it and it stopped working (lol), so I went out to buy a new one and man there are so many to choose from. I tried the new Razer Chicklet type keyboard Deathstalker but I didn't like how flimsy the mechanisms were (could be good for typing but not for gaming) so I went with the BlackWidow and I love it, it's loud as hell but the mechanism is x3 more durable and the keys can be removed for individual cleaning, etc. I do miss the lit up full keyboard on the Deathstalker, and if noise is an issue, you can buy dampeners for the BlackWidow.

For a new mouse i would highly recommend a Razer Deathadder. I've used one for years and it's probably the best mouse i have ever used. Fits perfectly in any hand as well!

I went from a RAT 7 to a Deathadder 2013.   I like the feel of the grip of the mouse and feel in my palm.   The RAT 7 is a great mouse and I do like the center button behind he mouse wheel to adjust the DPI on the fly.  I do like my Razer.   I used to use the old Logitech trackball that was for the thumb only, took some getting used to but it was great for quick turns.  

I would like to get a better more modern mouse pad to try.  I'm old school at the moment and using a giant neoprene one.  Without totally thread jacking, any suggestions? 

@ OP, Ive never owned any of the mouses you mention, however instead of getting a new mouse cant you just simply adjust the DPI so it flows better with your hand movement? But personally it seems you need a light mouse.

I really like my steel seriers ikari mouse. I really like razor mouses too, I have just had bad luck with them breaking after a year.

I've been very happy with my Logitech 402 Hyperion mouse in combination with a corepad XXL.  The Corepad XXL is no longer available and needs replacing, so I'm gonna look into that steelseries mousepad OP was talking about.

I have the rat 7, and i found that dropping my DPI to around 600 to 900 made my aiming better. I go to around 400 to 500 when i get into a tank or jeep, can't fly worth a shit. I would recommend setting up the different DPI modes.

^^^ im amazed only one person mentioned this.

DPi is the important factor here in making your mouse work for you.

I have mine set to , ( whats considered high in the Gaming world ) 1200 DPi, I have a Corsair M60.

Then for specific games, get toying with the mouse sensitivity. My main game being bf4, my sensitivity is 12.

I buy my mouse on sexiness, my m60 looks like plain jane, just how i like to corrupt them.

Your problem may not lie in your mouse/mousepad but in your settings.  As a counter-strike player one of the biggest things you can do to increase accuracy is to disable the mouse acceleration.  You can download the CPL Mouse Fix, or one of a thousand other small files that do the exact same thing.  If you are confused about what exactly I am talking about, mouse acceleration is the way your computer handles the movement of the mouse.  If you disable mouse acceleration and you quickly flink your wrist from point A to point B, the mouse will move at X speed initially and ramp up to a speed >X.  This means that if you move your wrist enough slowly to do exactly a 180 in a first person shooter, you may now do a 270 by flicking your wrist the exact same distance.  Get a fix and you can solve this issue.

I am using a Steel Series Sensei as my mouse and it is the greatest gift god has ever blessed upon gamers.  It has that old school feel of the optical mice, but it's laser, and it comes with a braided cord.  It also has profiles built into it allowing extreme modifications to how the mouse behaves.  You have 10 profiles, and each profile has two or three DPI settings *Which you can manually set*.  The cool thing about these extra profiles is that you can use your mouse for extreme modifications to the point where if you want to draw a straight line vertically or horizontally, it will automatically adjust out any unpure movements along the x and/or y axis to move perfectly straight in a specific direction.  There are roughly 10 of these settings allowing you to really customize your mouse, and it even has LED build into the wheel as well as the body of the mouse and when you are modifying your profile, you can change the colours to whatever you want.  I'm not talking 10 preset colours, but like the entire HEX Code, so you can get whatever hue you want.  If you are worried about the DPI, it has a boad range of DPI.  It doesn't jump in preset numbers, but you can set it down the the exact DPI you want for example 783.  The range gets as low as 400 and as high as 11700.  Overall this is the best mouse I have ever used.  The RAT is cool in the sense that you can customize the feel of the mouse, but the Sensei is superior in the sense that you can customize the programming/functionality of the mouse.  As for a pad, the QCK+ pads are amazing, but I went with hard pad with a "tracking design" built into it for greater accuracy in tracking.

If you want to talk about any computer hardware, I may be the person to talk to, especially when it comes to headsets.  Currently I am rocking the Sennheiser Game Zeros.  They cost me a perdy penny but Sennheiser in general is so worth it, and this particular headset has yet to let me down, and quite honestly I don't see it ever doing so.

Okay you are all going to laugh at me pretty hard. I do all of gaming on a laptop. Until recently I would just use my work laptop and was a great player on Contract Wars. Recently I upgraded to a Lenovo with an real graphics card (hahaha) and upped it to 17 GB of memory.

My mouse? I use a wireless 14 dollar Logitech from Staples. I guess I should try upgrading my gear to see if it helps my game. The larger screen of the big laptop has certainly helped.