Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
infamoushoole

A quick word on macro's.

It's been brought to my attention that some people think that using macro's to assist in managing recoil and increase fire rate is okay. This is far from the truth. In the minds of the admins and above using macro's is not acceptable. It is cheating plain and simple. 

Think about this, what do hacks do? Allow people to operate outside of their normal abilities. Some hacks allow you to aim better, some allow you to shoot faster, or make bullets travel faster, or a multitude of other things. What does a macro allow you to do? Shoot more straight, shoot faster, or generally operate outside of what is normally humanly possible.

If that isn't enough yet to make you believe that using macro's is unacceptable think about this. In competitive gaming scenes people have been banned, removed, and stripped of titles/awards for discovery of macro usage. Most if not all competitive anti-cheat programs now scan for ANY macro usage. This even includes ones that (bf3 specific) Press 4(defibs) and then shoots (revive) and then presses 1 again (pulling out your main). 

If you still don't follow our train of thought. Too bad I guess. Anyone thought or found to be using macro's that assist in fire rate or recoil management from this point out will be banned just like any other hacker would. NO EXCEPTIONS. 

Thank you very much for all that you guys have done and continue to do in making =ADK= a phenomenal success. And as always, see you on the battlefield!

-The Admin Team.

i can say I've never used any macros outside of the original day of defeat.

DOD ran on HL witch had the built in scripting/macros, only thing that you could call cheating was my melee script which all it did was pulled out my knife/shovel and swung it as long as i held it then when released it went to previous weapon.  The other one, it doubled the click rate of my mouse, did it exceed my fastest click rate? NO,(between lag and the limit of input rate it couldn't actually exceed it) but after killing the clicker in 2 mouses in under a month i couldn't keep going through mice like that.

Now why would you need to click so fast, the Carbine semi auto 3rd(or maybe 4th) most accurate gun in the game, and could unload the 20 round clip without the scrip in under 2 sec.

Most people would bind it to there mouse wheel for fire and just spin that, but an accurate gun in a game that all guns were 1 shot head shot that could put 10 or more rounds a sec down rang, it was a beast.

But as i said was all done with the in game scripting so i didn't feel bad about saving the clickers on my mice.

Are all the extra buttons on the R.A.T 9 mouse okay to be programmed to switch weapons like a button on the mouse set to the 3 key?

Edited by GREENxV3NOM

I feel like what needs clarifying is what your definition of a macro really is. If you mean an injected script to change the properties of the game, I completely understand, but is it unacceptable to set a sequence of key presses to a single button? Say if I programmed my M1 key on my Razer Blackwidow 2013 to switch to defib, use it, then weapon switch, would that be allowed?

I feel like what needs clarifying is what your definition of a macro really is. If you mean an injected script to change the properties of the game, I completely understand, but is it unacceptable to set a sequence of key presses to a single button? Say if I programmed my M1 key on my Razer Blackwidow 2013 to switch to defib, use it, then weapon switch, would that be allowed?

I'm guessing the answer to that is a "No", "would that be allowed?". Although it is not doing anything that you can't do, it will do it faster and enable you to be looking at what is going on around you. A distinct advantage. If everyone could do it then, no advantage and therefore OK. But a definite no no in my book.

PS Please dont stop res'ing me, I die often enough as it is anyway...   ;)