Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Konvict1982

OMG! Electrician Scared the &^%$ Out of Me ...

I rent a house in this little town I live in and we have a great landlord. We have been renting from him for over 6 years now. Whenever we have a problem he gets on the ball about fixing it. 

Well a couple of weeks ago our bedroom electric outlet and bathroom outlet stopped working so we called him up and he sent his repair guy to check it out. After working on it his repair guy says he is stumped and they will get an actual electrician to come check it out. 

Today the electrician comes and finds that most of the outlets in the house aren't getting full power and starts going outlet to outlet until he finds the problem under my kids bunkbed.

When he shows us this it scared the shit out of me ...

428352_580265755322271_2031270152_n.jpg

We are so lucky it didn't catch anything on fire in my kids room.

Wow,  Konvict1982 - that's scary stuff.

Thankfully it was caught before anything tragic happened! 

I had my house pretty much destroyed thanksgiving day 2006 due to the 240v outlet on an electric stove.  Thankfully quick acting neighbors helped get the fire department there before the fire could spread away from the kitchen and dining room.  (Family was away at relatives).  We had an electrician there earlier that week to evaluate old wiring in preparation for selling it too!.. sad.

Wow,  Konvict1982 - that's scary stuff.

Thankfully it was caught before anything tragic happened! 

I had my house pretty much destroyed thanksgiving day 2006 due to the 240v outlet on an electric stove.  Thankfully quick acting neighbors helped get the fire department there before the fire could spread away from the kitchen and dining room.  (Family was away at relatives).  We had an electrician there earlier that week to evaluate old wiring in preparation for selling it too!.. sad.

Man that sucks.  I am terrified of two things .... house fire while I am sleeping and tornadoes.  A close cousin of mine was killed by a house fire when I was kid because they were asleep when the house caught and a tornado tore through my neighborhood in Florida when I was in high school and ripped part of the roof off my room at 2 am while I was sleeping.

Look up deadliest tornado in Florida history in you will see the Kissimmee one where I lived in Morningside.

Anyways glad no one was hurt in your house fire but it sucks losing property to hazards like this and down right scary.

Was it a fault in the plug or wirring.

That is some scare crap.
I do a lot of things, from wood working to painting and building stuff around the house. But the one thing a won't touch is electrical......

Was it a fault in the plug or wirring.

That is some scare crap.
I do a lot of things, from wood working to painting and building stuff around the house. But the one thing a won't touch is electrical......

According to the electrician the ground wire had broken loose and was making contact with the positive terminal.

According to the electrician the ground wire had broken loose and was making contact with the positive terminal.

Wow, an yet another reason i stay away from electrical.  Amazing how a wire can just come lose......maybe its time for someone to invent a safer electrical plug.  I want to now go around and check all my plugs....

I will be checking all my outlets on a monthly schedule now.  It is an old house so I assume the wiring hasn't been messed with in a while.  Also me and my wife have been building up our credit in hopes of buying a house in the next couple of years so this gives me something else to check when we look at houses.