Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Ebonyheart

Ebonyheart, reporting for duty.

I am married with three children, three dogs, and a mortgage. My wife makes sure that I don't forget that there is a life outside of the computer screen and my kids challenge the memory of my education with homework questions. But I wouldn't trade em for less than a whole lot of certs...I mean I wouldn't trade them!

I have spent the last two years doing plumbing/you name it maintenance in corporate buildings. Prior to that I worked 10 years mostly as a traveling pipe fitter with the bulk of that time working maintenance on the Alaska Pipeline. I spent 13 years in the Army Reserves, first as an Infantryman and the last half as Artillery. I was a drill Sgt and training NCO under both MOS. and. I didn't reenlist after that as that is when I started traveling for work.

My gaming experience began with Dungeons&Dragons, back when MMO's were just M for multi-player. The massive part was ideally 5-6 (more often 2-3) people.The online was between the blue lines of notebook paper and around the green squares of graph paper. The RPG part was the same though!  B) I grew up with gaming systems and computers, literally. I played space invaders on the original Atari 2600 and text games on the Commodore Vic 20; always looking for something that resembled D&D. A friend of mine got an Apple IIe with Wizardry on it and I played it all night at a sleep over after he went to bed about 10pm. His mom found me at it the next morning (still playing from the day before) and sent me home. I could barely see from the lack of sleep and images burned into my retinas. I had a blast.

I went to college in the mid 1990's and a friend introduced me to "The Realm" by Sierra, a 2D turn based MMORPG that firmly set the hook (probably for life) for online gaming. Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, Planetside, World of Warcraft, LOTRO and Guild Wars 2 are probably the top games that I spent the majority of my time in, but I tried a great deal more. Most of it with one guild that I joined in EQ and we moved from game to game over several years. I helped start a guild and go from 10 scrubs to 40 raiders in a server top 10 guild in original WoW but through expansions and attrition it gave out. I have played some in every expansion since and had a fair time but I am a team player and just couldn't get into it or GW2 without a group of people around me working towards common goals. 

I hit lvl 80 and had exotics in all slots in GW2. The few friends I had played with had long since quit, so I began to look for new battles to fight, lands to conquer and that lead me to Planetside 2.

I have only been back to the Planetside series for three days now but by far the best of that has been in the times I was lucky enough to be in ADK squads/platoons. 

If anyone actually fought through this long boring read I deeply appologize  :unsure: