Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Sign in to follow this  
Infidel_Alpha

Laptop Hdd Partition problem

I just got a second had from a friend 500 GB Hitachi HDD for my new laptop which currently has a 40 gb Anyway to the point I put the hdd in my desktop to format and install the OS and it only shows up as a 80Gb even after formatting is it partioned if so how do I remove it. also it is a Hitachi 5K500 B-500
[attachment=870:IMG_20121227_094509.jpg]
[attachment=871:HDD1.png]

I'm not 100% sure it'll work, but try and download Crystal Disk Info to see if it detects the drive as damaged in any way. That's the only thing I can think of, but I'm not really all that good at computers.

thanks for the program it sent me to disc manager and found it was a partion and I used the disc manager to extend the volume and reveal the partion
for your help i give u a cookie
[img]http://www.askthemotherboard.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/chocolate_chip_cookie.jpg[/img]thanks man

On Windows 7:

1. Click the Start button
  2. In the search box type "Computer Management"
  3. When it opens, there is a Storage/Disk Management item on the left side list; select it
  4. A window on the right opens and you'd see all the partitions on all your harddrives (THIS IS THE TRICKY PART, BE CAREFUL YOU MIGHT SELECT YOUR MAIN WINDOWS PARTITION)
    1. Right click the partition you want deleted
    2. Click Delete Volume
  5. Once you have deleted the volume, this will free up space, the tricky part is that you have to delete all the volumes and create a single large one

Good luck and before you do this, read up on articles online, im sure theres a more comprehensive guide available. just to be sure you know what you're doing.

If you delete a volume by mistake, you will lose all the information on the volume (files/documents/games/pictures/music/video everything). so you really have to do some research first.

Sign in to follow this