Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
s0ck37

Your take on the proposed Assault weapons ban?

How can you not agree with 100 round magazines?   It's ok for the government to have them but not the people?    

If you give into getting rid of the 100 rounds, then you're just giving into the government taking away more things from you. . .please stop thinking like that!   

I think it's funny how the government doesn't have to follow the same rules that the people do when it comes to class III destructive devices....could you imagine what it would be like if the gov had to pay themselves 75 bucks every time they took control of something that goes boom (boom not bang).

I think it's funny how the government doesn't have to follow the same rules that the people do when it comes to class III destructive devices....could you imagine what it would be like if the gov had to pay themselves 75 bucks every time they took control of something that goes boom (boom not bang).

75? Is the tax stamp different for form 4 ammo? I always thought it was the standard Form 4 and $200 stamp for anything outside of the normal off the shelf wares. On a second note, am I understanding you correctly that you don't agree with the general populace not being able to purchase 40mm HE rounds? If so, you're bat shit insane. If every Fudd with a credit card could buy explosive rounds and MG's the U.S. would look like Mad Max : Beyond The Thunderdome in about 2 weeks.

The best counter to gun control reform is firearms saftey and education on a personal level. I lived in Montana for nearly a decade, conceal and carry is legal outside of the cities regardless of permits and there is a gun in an overwhelming majority of households. People there are comfortable and knowledgable with firearms because its part of their lives from an early age. Whereas in a metro area such as Chicago, people are educated to believe firearms are dangerous and only held by criminals. They see kids playing gangster on every block and have a genuine fear of firearms which leads them to work to have them banned.

Since I have moved to the west coast I have talked with many people who were very anti gun and have turned a new leaf after talking with me and/or going sport shooting. As a gun owner in this day and age we have a obligation to help educate and introduce people to our sport. I am not saying have liberal friends over and whip out your AR with a drum mag, but invite them out to shoot a .22 or something easy to handle. Show them the fun of blasting out a 10 ring at 50 yards, adjusting for windage, doing math and shit to make the bullet hit the target. Show them its not just idiots driving around shooting road signs and starting forest fires trying to blow up a propane tank. Be proactive rather than reactive. Bitching on forums is going to gain us no ground, but reaching out to people will. If you don't the media will.

Edited by InternetGroper

Well said @[member='InternetGroper']

The unfortunate thing is some people who want to get rid of them won't even try to have an open mind or understand. .   That's why you gotta get the ones who are on the left who are WILLING to try, to actually go out and shoot and then go tell the hardcore folks that it's not that bad.  

Oh and Piers Morgan had the audacity to say that he never hears any "good" stories about how guns save lives even though there's hundreds of thousands of lives saved each year from guns.    

Yeah because you're on fkn CNN Piers!   Of course they don't want to show that they are actually lives being saved because of guns.     

@[member='InternetGroper']

I'm not saying that everyone should get to have form 4 stuff. I'm saying that if I can get the license (set aside the obnoxious amount of $$ it costs) I shouldn't have to pay out the ass for it.

The issue with 100 round magazines is that there's no case I can think of where a person defending himself would need 100 rounds.
I'm neither for nor against regulating high capacity magazines, because there's good points to both ends of that argument. Personally, I think a wheel gun is perfectly suitable for defending my home and my family. 6 shots will stop an intruder. The only reason I'd buy a 100 round magazine is for hobby shooting or for defending against full scale invasion. For the former, it's not much trouble to simply own a couple 30 round magazines.

Politically I'm pretty left wing but when it comes to guns, I am not. I grew up shooting and it's something I've come to enjoy and has been a way for me to bond with a lot of my family and friends. 
Guns are not the problem, if anything we need better psychiatric care. We need to eliminate the problem at its source. If a person has reached the breaking point where they want to walk into a school and murder children, he will do it with or without a gun. What we should really focus on is preventing people from hitting that point.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" should be the Democrats motto on gun control. 

I remember when Bill Clinton tried the assault weapons ban.  Congress let the law sunset cause it didn't lower the crime rate at all.  It's a shame that we keep seeing a repeat of history.  The Justice Dept said "The nation's crime rate was unchanged last year, holding at the lowest levels since the government began surveying crime victims in 1973". 

I guess as usual it's too much to ask that the president, and congress spend time on things that will actually help the people instead of making more laws that we don't really need. 

I'd love to see Feinstein give up her armed security since she's so antigun, and it's hilarious that the same day President Obama calls for a gun control push he waives the law banning the arming of terrorists.

I'm Canadian so this doesn't really affect me, but heres my two cents. 

I honestly don't think its going to do jack shit banning assault weapons. If you are going on a rampage and intend to get away, you have to be a bit daft to use an AR. Hunting rifles do far more damage, have far greater range, and you can actually set up a getaway if you have some skill and can hit something at range. Snipers are far scarier for cops to deal with then a gunman in the open. The whole murder scene at the beginning of the movie Jack Reacher, shows this. one man hidden away picking off people and making a clean getaway.

If they are going to ban one, they should ban all. ( I'm completley against banning btw) 

as for high caps...yeah I see no reason why a person would need a 100 rnd drum or box. For home defense that shit is heavy, kinda clunky and if you need to actually fire 100 rnds, well you must be in some hairy shit. But 30s I think are fair game for people to have. and you can configure your rifle so that mag size isnt a huge issue. you can do jungle style taping mags, and magpul sells an add on that goes in your trigger guard that lets you quickly chamber a round (effectively removes the slow reload for all you bf3 players :P) 

But again, why can't you customize your weapon how you like?  And that includes having a 100 round drum. 

Sure as some people said they can reload quicker than most, and that's fine.   But I don't think if someone goes to the range or out in the desert to shoot they are worried about how fast they can reload a gun, they just want to go put as much lead down range at one time as possible.  

If you can't have a 100 round drum than why can you upgrade your cars to have more horsepower?    They always say the faster a car goes the worse the accident.   So why not solve that so called issue and just make everybody go a max of 45 miles an hour even on the freeway.      Let's limit trains from going faster as well because we all know that the faster you go the higher the risk of derailment.      Why not just ban amusement parks all together or just have little kiddie rides. 

They want to say they want to "protect you" but that's complete BS.    They don't want to protect you, they want to protect them selves so they can control you and you do everything for them.  

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lcod.htm

In 2010 the leading cause of death in the US was Heart Disease and Cancer a close second behind it.     So why don't we make it mandatory that people exercise a certain amount per day, and there's no more junk food or fast food anywhere.    If we want to "protect as many people as possible" to make sure that they ahve a chance to live, then why don't we do something there?     

Also if you go look up cars vs guns it's honestly a no brainer that cars have caused more "accidents" and "homicides" than guns.       Sure more people might die by say 30-50 with guns due to SUICIDE.     But overall cars cause more deaths than guns.      So again. . what are we going to do to prevent that?      "Oh but AOB the deaths have gone down over the years due to safety standards."    Ok I'll give you that, but at the same time the same thing can be said with gun deaths and how they have gone down over the years as more people gain guns or are allowed to carry guns.   

Here's a video about crime and the crime rate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooa98FHuaU0

Common sense folks, history is bound to repeat itself at some point in time.  

I guess I should go to the gun store and pick up some AKs and stuff. They are trying their best to turn the US into a police state, where everyone has lost their rights, and are forced like to do what the government says. And if you don't, they will lock you up for terrorism or fraud and take everything from you.