Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
AOBLXIX

MORE Battlefield 3 Gameplay Footage from GDC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-XuVqWWOuI&feature=player_embedded

Gozer posted this video in another topic, but I thought I'd post it for everybody to see when they visit the site!

Shot on the sly at GDC, the Italian gaming site Multiplayer.it provides this peek at the visual tour de force of Battlefield 3 - including urban combat with buckling pavement and crumbling buildings, and even an aerial sequence?

The video appears to come from a behind-closed-doors screening at the Game Developers Conference, much of it gameplay. Even filmed bootleg style, the game's packing some serious visuals.

[via kotaku]

Can you run BF3? system requirements? I run Corsair 1066, and my video card has DDR 5 over a gig, So Can you run BF3? I run CRYSIS Beautifully on max settings, my Benchmarks are higher than advertised for my Phenom.. I would love to find a game that puts my machine through it's paces, or puts it in it's place..

Peace

Pilgrim

Can you run BF3? system requirements? I run Corsair 1066, and my video card has DDR 5 over a gig, So Can you run BF3? I run CRYSIS Beautifully on max settings, my Benchmarks are higher than advertised for my Phenom.. I would love to find a game that puts my machine through it's paces, or puts it in it's place..

Peace

Pilgrim

that couldnt have been any more vauge...but to answer your question

yes, i can run bf3...my machine is top notch.......................................

mmm I have the most recent Radion 6 series... 1gb. mmm I believe i will be able to run this, maybe have to over clock to get to max settings but i should be able to run this mid graphics at a very stable 60-70 fps.

I believe what I have learned from Bf BC2 is that the gpu itself is not enough. As a matter of fact with out a good quad core cpu the game play will be crappy because the cpu will constantly max out to 100 percent. I have found this out after many weeks of testing and trails. I had a gtx 275 and now a gtx 470. While the 470 does better in keeping its FPS consistent, the GPU is bottlenecked by my dual core e7200 even though it is OC to 3.8 ghz.

From what my 3 friends have and such, an i7 paired with a 5770 can do marvelous things. Fps in the 60-70 fps range steady for BF BC2.

While you said crysis ran great, crysis did not show any significant gains in fps with quad core over dual cores. Battlefield, HomeFront, and Black ops are all very dependent on you having a quad core for smooth gameplay. This is also why I am really anxious to get my hands on the 1155 motherboards. Preferably the Asus P8p67.

That is true, I used my Core Duo with bad company 2 and ran it into the ground thats why i made a whole new computer.

i believe (without looking at it) im using I5 quad core 560, I7s are awesome but a hell of a lot of mula.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ very good for these things.

That is true, I used my Core Duo with bad company 2 and ran it into the ground thats why i made a whole new computer.

i believe (without looking at it) im using I5 quad core 560, I7s are awesome but a hell of a lot of mula.

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ very good for these things.

You mean the i5 760. Yes that is a good cpu. Once again you should be fine for the future games. And dont despair over not having a i7. In the forum post about computer rigs i made a post which showed that the i5 2500k and the i7 2600k were neck and neck. So as far as gaming you are not missing out on much with the i7 owners, of course that is with sandy bridge but remember i5 is still a rock solid processor.

i got an i7 930, 6gb ddr3 1600 ram, asus rampage II extreme mobo, and a sapphire 5870 graphics

bc2 runs great

a lot of companies (not just the gaming industry) are starting to recognize that having more than one core per machine is starting to become more and more common among the consumer, and parallel processing is obviously a superior choice, so companies are starting to take advantage of the capabilities, leaving those that don't have the technology behind. the only reason they havent done this sooner, is because of the consumer market. it doesnt make sense to make a product that nobody has the capability to use. this is exactly the same as 64bit processors becoming more supported now, as opposed to what they were, even 2 years ago

obviously you will hear people complain "well why upgrade? its stupid and unnecessary and now people like me are left out to dry!"...well, im sure people said the same thing about 8 bit and 16 bit processors as well. its inevitable, and the advantages of having the more advanced hardware makes it well worth the purchase. so everyone that doesnt want to upgrade the tech, by all means, don't. this is America, and you can, and should be able to do whatever you want. But as i said before, it's a consumers market, so if me and a million other people get the new gear and you decide against it, well...then youre beat

as far as the on topic stuff...another video game about Marines...rah

Hiyas ya'll, Sorry to be so vague . I re-format usually twice a year if not sooner, I cant find the info I was looking for. I believe my Video card was benchmarked at like 75-90ish fps on Crysis, I play Crysis Wars online. My average fps was 90+, I screw with my settings all the time and have seen 140+ fps while in Crysis. I run a 9850 BB Phenom, on an ASUS M3A78-EM/CM series Board, A ASUS 5850 video card, Corsair 1066 + 6 gigs . I stuff all this shit into a RaidMax Case, Then add all the extra fans I think I will need, Not what some dipshit at the shop think's I will need to keep her cool.. I have been at this game a Long time, this is the first time in over ten years that I have not been an Admin, and I rather enjoy it. Iv'e been building computers since 1998, I feel like I just Ranted, Sorry if ya'll take it that way, I'm a Geek to the Max, Love my computers, Here's a good link if ya'll are interested http://www.ocworkbench.com/2009/asus/ASUS%20EAH5850-2DIS-1GD5-Review/review-intro.htm

That's my card, my fps went way up after re-flashing my bios and updating my drivers+ the Corsair extreme ram helped LOL..

Peace ya'll.

Pilgrim

i got an i7 930, 6gb ddr3 1600 ram, asus rampage II extreme mobo, and a sapphire 5870 graphics

bc2 runs great

a lot of companies (not just the gaming industry) are starting to recognize that having more than one core per machine is starting to become more and more common among the consumer, and parallel processing is obviously a superior choice, so companies are starting to take advantage of the capabilities, leaving those that don't have the technology behind. the only reason they havent done this sooner, is because of the consumer market. it doesnt make sense to make a product that nobody has the capability to use. this is exactly the same as 64bit processors becoming more supported now, as opposed to what they were, even 2 years ago

obviously you will hear people complain "well why upgrade? its stupid and unnecessary and now people like me are left out to dry!"...well, im sure people said the same thing about 8 bit and 16 bit processors as well. its inevitable, and the advantages of having the more advanced hardware makes it well worth the purchase. so everyone that doesnt want to upgrade the tech, by all means, don't. this is America, and you can, and should be able to do whatever you want. But as i said before, it's a consumers market, so if me and a million other people get the new gear and you decide against it, well...then youre beat

as far as the on topic stuff...another video game about Marines...rah

Lol yeah and I almost did upgrade to the i5 760 myself, until...i saw the benchmarks for the i5 2500k. Otherwise I would have upgraded a long time ago and put my dual core other uses. Probably a good computer for my sister or something...

If you upgrade (generally speaking) with mid grade parts, which I have done, and planned on a constant upgrade, find your self POSSABLY outdated with in months, and gaming wise with in a year your machine could be struggling. BUT CPU strides (Intel) has surpassed GPU and chipset performance. And add the insignificant performance increases (Compared to past upgrades) of GPU's since the 200 series (Nvidia wise). Is there a increase? Yes, and in most cases 10-20 FPS.

I do run a I7 920, and it still rocks, but a almost 1 1/2 ago investment still running strong, Asus x58, 6 GB DDR3 1600, 1 TB HD, and a 280GTX. All stock clocks, not into the OC anymore, tired of the unstable issues that would pop up from time to time.