Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Sign in to follow this  
RoaRk

HELP! USB Headset Woes

I just purchased a Logitech USB headset today. It's the H390 model, and I'm having some issues with it. The mic works and the headphones work, but I can't get the volume to adjust at all. I believe I'm having some sort of driver conflict, but I can't figure out how to fix it.

The headset has an inline volume adjust rocker switch on them, but it will not change the volume. I thought this might be a hardware issue until I tried changing the volume with my keyboard and manually sliding the volume controls in Windows. As soon as I bring the volume down it just climbs right back up to the top UNLESS I hold down the "Volume Down" button on the inline volume control. It appears that something is making the volume stay all the way up.

I went to the advanced tab and unchecked "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" to no avail.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Pertinent Info:

Windows 7
Logitech H390
Drivers are up to date
Device Manager/Sound includes:
-Intel Display Audio
-Logitech USB Headset
-RealTek High Definition Audio

The Logitech headset uses a Microsoft-built driver so maybe there is an issue between Realtek and the Microsoft driver.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

somthing is controlling the volume see what all is running try shutting anything down that may be affecting it then adjusting it in windows.

did the headphones have any drivers ?? does your OS have the correct drivers for your USB ports? have you tryed a different usb port.

Do you like green eggs and ham?

Jay and I did some remote desktop maneuvering and still couldn't figure out what the issue is. It could very well be a faulty device out of the box. Seems like there could also be some pretty buggy Windows 7 x64 compatibility.

For now I just adjust the sound levels in Teamspeak and turn down all my sounds in-game. It's a bit of a hassle and not nearly as convenient as I would like, but until I get this figured out it's the best I can do.

Sign in to follow this