Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
F34RL3SS

Better Cooling For i5-3570K

Hi guys,

I have an i5 3570k processor in my rig and when playing BF3, it ALWAYS climbs up to 70 degrees Celsius.

I know its not critical but i'm not really comfortable with it being under such temperatures for a long period of time.

Does anyone have a good cooling solution to recommend? So far i've been thinking about a Corsair [url="http://www.corsair.com/hydro-series-h60-cpu-cooler.html"]H60 Liquid Cooling System[/url] or if i want to go with air, it would be the [url="http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=3002"]Cooler Master V6 GT[/url]

I don't plan on overclocking at the moment, its really just to keep its temperature lower than what its at under load now.

Thanks for any advice! Edited by F34RL3SS

i got this [url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118129"]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118129[/url] and i love it. easy install and keeps my processor round 45c under load

I dont believe i could install it myself on my computer since it was built by the store where i bought it from and has a 5 year warranty on it...

They have the V6 and H60 in stock at the store, any one knows which one should i get?

[quote name='F34RL3SS' timestamp='1349716201' post='48839']
Hi guys,

I have an i5 3570k processor in my rig and when playing BF3, it ALWAYS climbs up to 70 degrees Celsius.

I know its not critical but i'm not really comfortable with it being under such temperatures for a long period of time.

Does anyone have a good cooling solution to recommend? So far i've been thinking about a Corsair [url="http://www.corsair.com/hydro-series-h60-cpu-cooler.html"]H60 Liquid Cooling System[/url] or if i want to go with air, it would be the [url="http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?product_id=3002"]Cooler Master V6 GT[/url]

I don't plan on overclocking at the moment, its really just to keep its temperature lower than what its at under load now.

Thanks for any advice!
[/quote]

I have it out for closed loop water systems, I don't think they're much if any better than a good air to air cooler.

Look into the coolermaster 212 plus, it's hard to beat it for load temp. right now I am sitting at 4.7ghz on a cooler master, and real temp gives me a max reading for 72 degrees C which gaming.

[quote name='Hoole' timestamp='1349726294' post='48862']
noctua NH-D14>all
[/quote]

[color=#ffa500][font=comic sans ms', cursive][size=4]Hahaha, I have a DH-14 myself (for the 2011 socket), so I'm kind of partial to them!

If you aren't going to overclock, I recommend going with the Hyper 212+ or something similar. Any decent aftermarket cooler will give you far better results than the stock cooler.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the thermal paste (Arctic Silver 5 is what I use) is very important, as is how it is applied. You can have the best air or water cooler available, but if you use a poor thermal paste or apply it incorrectly you will not have good results.

I recommend that you order your cooler and some good thermal paste from Newegg or Amazon.com, then head on over to YouTube and watch some videos of folks installing coolers on their systems. It's pretty simple and if done correctly, it's low risk as well.

Here's a video that gives a good idea of what you're in for. If you think it's beyond your tech skills, then get a friend who is more PC savvy or perhaps a local computer store tech (Geek Squad or similar) to help.[/size][/font][/color]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrnWVHdhGJ0[/media] Edited by =ADK= warspite

[quote name='F34RL3SS' timestamp='1349825672' post='49099']
Thanks for the replies, guys.

Does anyone have any thoughts about the Cooler Master V6?
[/quote]

No thoughts at all. the 212 is great, and the V6 is part of that success.

I run water cpu all in one unit, and love it. H-100 but I run it mainly for space and noise.

But to really give you the best answer you may want to post what case you have, ambient temps, extreme temps (winter and/or summer), and what conditions you have your case in when running. Like in a desk, on carpet, on or close to HVAC vent etc. Ambient temps of around 40-50 C not much you can do to cool it with out a lot of airflow, but even there it will run hot.

Having a good quality case a lot of times is overlooked, and how your components and wiring is set in the case. Example do you have hard drives right in front of your front fan in the case causing it to limit airflow and blow hot air. A cheap (not price) case is about worthless trying to improve temps and airflow, a case to big for your components does the same negative effect to, but easier to improve.

Any case, if you want post more info and we can give you a better guess on products.

bromance i think what your looking for is the average delta temps (Sensor temp - ambient temp) = "real" temperature (or delta T) and a description of major contributing factors. When I had washer machine flex pipe going into the front of my case and side I lowered my temps by 20 degrees F :)

[quote name='Hoole' timestamp='1350271763' post='49776']
bromance i think what your looking for is the average delta temps (Sensor temp - ambient temp) = "real" temperature (or delta T) and a description of major contributing factors. When I had washer machine flex pipe going into the front of my case and side I lowered my temps by 20 degrees F :)
[/quote]
I meant ambient temp of the room. With air and water you can't expect cooler temps than the room temp from a component that produces heat. If you run water your water temp will not get cooler than ambient, and air just moves ambient air. So if your room spikes to 90 during the day (no AC) then running the temps he stated wouldn't get much better than he is getting already with air or water.

[quote name='s0ck37' timestamp='1350272782' post='49779']
I forgot to ask fearless, why did you pickup the K version without any thought to overclock?
[/quote]

It's what the tech where i bought it from recommended.

[quote name='Major Snafu 13' timestamp='1350417723' post='50040']
I too have an i5-3570k and I cool it with a Corsair H100 in a Corsair 600T case.

Here are my cooling temps:

[attachment=748:Corsair H100 CPU Temperatures.png]

Major Snafu
[/quote]

Are these the temperatures you get under load or is it in regular windows with no intense processing going on?

You have to realize it doesn't matter what cooler you use... your temps aren't going to be much if any different than your ambient room temperature. That's just the way it is. Not without a TON of airflow and by a ton I mean your pc would be so loud you'd never want to turn it on. I use a Coolermaster Hyper 212+ and Socks is right... it's an amazing cooler. At idle my pc sits at around 29 degrees C... and under heavy load (rendering video) it don't believe I've ever breached the 70 degree mark. It's an amazing air cooler and at around $30 give or take a couple bucks.. it's untouchable. I literally have put it in all but 1 pc that I've built for myself or for anyone else in the last couple of years and that's been quite a few pc's. The only one I didn't put it in had a fairly complex custom liquid cooling setup.

My temps were underload at the time. I was playing BF3 at the time I took the screen shot. I neglected to say I also have 8 fans in my case, a Corsair 600T. (2) on top above the H100 radiator pulling, (4) on the access door pushing, (1) back pushing, and (1) in front pulling. The MB controlls all the fans, an Asus Maximus V Extreme. Most of the time the fans run at 43% RPM or less in quiet mode. Compared to my previous Danger Den water cooled system which sounded like a jet taking off, my present system is super quite.

Major Snafu