Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Flyinsolo7

Raptors are trash change my mind

We're supposed to be active on the forums so I thought of some topics to post every now and again. this is obviously one of them. Now as for the title I am not going to say that you are a bad player or stupid or anything if you have a pen for like 60 raptors. I am saying that a raptor is objectively a poor dyno compared to it's counterparts.

So what do we define as counterparts to a raptor? Well i'd say any dyno that can be used for moderately fast travel, scouting and some light combat but aren't too useful for much else such as tanking or doing damage, carry weight etc. 

I'd say a raptor's counterparts include but may not be limited to -

Dire Wolves, Sabertooths, Thylas (debatable as they can be rougher to tame), Terror bird, Allosaurus and Ravagers as far as I'm aware.

I could go into great detail and make like 6 subsections to compare each dino's stats with the raptor but I doubt I need to.

I was just making a post because I had an opinion and felt inclined to share it on a slightly larger scale than discord. also I didn't really grammar check any of this and im not sorry.

I personally don’t like them thanks to the new function where they can pin you off of your dinos... Leveling my thyla has a .2 second window to kill them but if they see ME first, it’s all over.

Edited by Sav

While thylas are a heck of a lot better, raptors have a better capacity for speed I would say, so that would be the only instance where I would pick a raptor.

12 minutes ago, Kody said:

While thylas are a heck of a lot better, raptors have a better capacity for speed I would say, so that would be the only instance where I would pick a raptor.

if you boost speed on a sabertooth and spam jump they go really damn fast for some reason

Just now, Flyinsolo7 said:

if you boost speed on a sabertooth and spam jump they go really damn fast for some reason

Do you think you could get a video of that for me? LOL.

Yeah, well, Chris Pratt never worked with dire wolves, sabertooths, thylas, terror birds, allos or ravagers!  If raptors are good enough for him, they're good enough for me.

If a lvl 200 raptor walks right up to my base, of course I'm going to give him the good drugs.  It just so happened that he also had a 496% in melee once tamed, so I kept him.