Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Bobby

[Let's Get This Game Going] for (Escape From Tarkov)

Name: Bobby
Form: Let's Get This Game Going Request

Name of the Game: Escape From Tarkov
Describe this game:

Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG/Simulator with MMO features and a story-driven walkthrough. You and even a group of you and your buddies travel through various locations among Tarkov to discover loot, fight with other players or bots, and try to escape alive with all the things you gathered from that "run".

Research: Escape From Tarkov has a large fan base around it, also having a very active forums page where you can ask for help, or check up on the latest news about the game. The game also comes out with frequent updates to fix bugs and patch the problems players are relying to them.
What are you planning on doing or committing to help this game get into the Community?: I am willing to become staff for this section to help it and ADK grow as a community.
Final Thoughts: I know this game had a section before and it was shutdown, but I am willing to put in the time and effort to regrow the EFT population in the community. Thanks for looking this over and please think about supporting the game to become a section again.
Post Relavent Videos:

We actually just recently closed down our EFT section due to lack of interest in the community. Do we have a group of people interested in this game still? 

3 minutes ago, Feisty said:

We actually just recently closed down our EFT section due to lack of interest in the community. Do we have a group of people interested in this game still? 

Yeah I was talking to a few today and we got about 6-7 ppl in the voice chat today, hopefully they come onto here and say something on here.

If we have enough people showing interest in the game @CaGregorio and myself can discuss bringing it back.. However we need some ADK members to show interest in staffing!

6 hours ago, Feisty said:

I asked him to put this in, as he is looking to bring this back to the Community.  

@Bobby If you could work on getting your friends registered on the site, and get them to be in our Discord in the EFT Channel playing  that will help.  We would need 2-3 Staff to get this going.  

If you have any questions please let @BrassyIA or myself know.    Thanks. 

2 hours ago, CaGregorio said:

I asked him to put this in, as he is looking to bring this back to the Community.  

@Bobby If you could work on getting your friends registered on the site, and get them to be in our Discord in the EFT Channel playing  that will help.  We would need 2-3 Staff to get this going.  

If you have any questions please let @BrassyIA or myself know.    Thanks. 

We had about 7 people in the channel yesterday, I will see if they can make a forums account when they get on today.

I'm willing to staff. I have the experience coming from Arma and running EFT. I will be unable to run it with my IRL work schedule, However Bobby says he is able to meet all the requirements of a section manager. So I'll give him my +1. We have been getting new players in the section chat daily! Just check our #EscapeFromTarkov chat channel! We are very much still active. I dont believe the section ever lost activity. I have a group I play with regularly that are a mix of ADK and non ADK that I can probably pull to the section. 

I have been playing this game avidly since December.  Only game out there interesting to me until 'Hunt Showdown' and 'SCUM' get further along in development.

(Anyone here for more than a year or two already knows who I am, and that this is the only game I am active in). 

You will find that nearly all the people in that chat yesterday either _technically still are_ or _were_ ADK active members (this included myself and one of my two older sons who play). The exceptions will come around so long as we have people 'around' to play with them.  The other clans who actively promote this game that I usually play with are either too try-hard in behavior, or... politically of the lunatic fringe such that it effects their ability to communicate with those more lucid.  Related feelings came from at least one potential newcomer. 

While the game is not kind to those who play 'very casually' and 'very occasionally', there is a middle ground/type of player that ADK could and should occupy/attract.  

As shown and practiced by many You tubers and Twitch streamers, much of this game's play is often best when done lone-wolf.  However, some tasks, and some play styles either benefit from or even _require_ clannish squads or at least duos. 

Bobby has been an enthusiastic convert, and has had experience in section responsibility before IIRC.  With Gary's help I am sure he would be able to do what is required. 

While I am unable to commit to any schedule at the moment (out of the country for Thirtieth Anniversary celebrations from 4th of July to sometime in August), I will commit hours or assist with responsibilities as required when I return.   ~Dim 

Current active player base is as follows

@SirResnov (Non adk but lurks)

@Turonk (ADK)

@Dimwit(ADK)

@Bobby (ADK)

@Dusty_Vance (ADK)

@Virtuous (ADK)

@Wally (ADK) currently in marine training so AFK

@Gary23 (ADK) ex EFT Manager and Ex Arma Admin)

@James (ADK) also military so AFK from time to time) (ex ARMA admin/Manager)

@Mongoose (ADK) new player to game

And we have a few others who plan on getting it when on sale. I remember @pinkdood for sure is getting it. 

Edited by Gary23

EFT is an awesome game and I think it would be a good game to add to ADK with it being so communication oriented and the amount of team work needed. I feel like it is going to be hard to make EFT one ADK’s bigger sections due to how costly the game is, but it would do good as section and hopefully be able to bring in players. Also I have been away from ADK besides playing in Tarkov channels a bit, but if needed I would like to help out also in this section if it goes somewhere and become staff for the section, as I believe this section will open myself up to playing more games within ADK again.

Edited by Mongoose

Hey folks, Gary and I have had a couple of conversations with the Honcho's so that you know it is deffo in their court.  We made it clear that while we can help, and provide heavy support, we cannot be responsible for principal leadership roles at the moment. 

We would hope and made it clear that Bobby and others should be handling the responsibilities those entail.  I will be out of the country for some time and upon return have some certifications and projects that will be restricting my 'predictability' for some additional month or two, while Gary's job makes reliability and free time a lottery.  We will help provide support and stand in the channel when we can, and I will be 'out of the worst part of the woods' by late fall. 

@Mongoose

Any offers to assist and experience you may have should be forwarded to CaGregorio and BrassyIA.  This would be great, so let us know in channel or here as well if you have forwarded such an offer and info.  Thanks!

@Dusty_Vance

Agreed.

@pinkdood

Deadbeat!

Look forward to playing with any/all of you!  ~Dim

Edited by Dimwit