Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
LtNoobslayer

While waiting for 1.13

So as we all know the big buzz around the game right now is the much anticipated Aquatic update.  Since the game is changing in such a dramatic way we know that a wipe is needed for all the juicy new features to land in our server.  This however has caused a great lack of motivation in me to hop on the server and build anything since I know it's lifespan is nearing an end.

Despite this I still want that blocky goodness that is Minecraft so I've found a nice way to bide my time.

As a fan of MMORPGs I remember finding a modded server called Wynncraft way back in the day thanks to another ADK member.  It was a lot of fun playing a fantasy RPG in a specially curated Minecraft world.  Back then the game still used a lot of command blocks and was still mostly confined by Minecraft's mechanics.  Recently I returned to Wynncraft to get some mmo action in the one way I can while confined to my chromebook and was blown away by the changes.  It uses a lot more custom scripting now that allows for smoother questing, menus, and even cut-scenes.  The world design has been updated with new building teams helping to add detail to the already impressive fantasy world.  The game is in many ways still Minecraft but in many others completely different.  Once we get 1.13 I'll be back on the vanilla server in full force, it'll probably be a few weeks after that before I stop trying to cast spells to heal myself or rain meteors down on hostile mobs.

This might be a good idea to think about for our servers until it happens even. You never know what might bring people in. Hell we changed like 2 mods on our servers for 2 weeks before our last wipe in ark and had a group of 5 say they joined us for that mod! Lol!

Edited by Feisty

I’m not trying to advocate for the game mode or anything I know nothing about it or if it would even be my cup of tea. Was just a thought. 

You never know what player base you could find out there ha!

I'm gonna go out on a very sturdy limb and say that the scale of the wynncraft project far exceeds what we can host (it's not like a mod pack).  I was just mentioning what I've been doing in the realm of minecraft while i wait for the survival goodness that is everything 1.13

i think aside from us being able to host it or not isnt the main problem, its that fact that it would take a pretty long time to set up the whole world, all the quests, the mechanics, etc.

I think this is a cool idea overall, but not as a "while we wait for 1.13" because im pretty sure it will be more like 1.13 is what we use to wait for this

Maybe the title should have been, "what I'm doing while waiting for 1.13". Because everyone here seems to think I'm suggesting we build something like wynncaft.  That is not what I was aiming for here.