Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Pendersen

Boss Battles

I've done a little bit of research aka google searches and I need to do more, but I have some questions more specific to our environment.

A) Can multiple tribes group together to take down a boss?

B) Are there large server wide boss fight events?
   If yes:
     1) Is there a schedule?
     2) What are the "minimum" requirements to participate if yes?

As to the "requirements" I hear "rex only" but then I read posts (albeit, 2016 post...) that say use Dire Bears and rockets for Broodmother, they also claim Allos are a must because of their bleed attack, and a swarm of Dimorphodons are good because their meaty...

I'd also like to hear what you guys found for best strategies for the different bosses, not sure how far off we are from ready, so having a benchmark to shoot for would be great.

I'm hoping to have a better understanding before I get lost in quagmire of BS...

A) yes if they are allied.

b) yes we’ve done one this wipe and are working towards another. As for requirements we should be posting some more ind woth requirements coming up here shortly but basically the main requirement is that people track their breeding and are paying attention to their breeding choices in terms of stats, this was covered in another thread by me earlier, I would link it but I’m on mobile, but I’m sure you can find it.  Use google spreadsheets, we won’t let anyone in till they can share it with admins. 

If you have specific questions about stats and the like stay tuned for that thread, or feel free to ask. 

The "Rexes only" requirement is highly recommended, but it doesn't HAVE to be a rex. We actually encourage a tribe or 2 to bring some yuties and daeodons. Now, along with what Feisty said, we do want the highest STAT rexes/yuties/daeodons that have been several generations bred into (rough estimate; more details to come).

Now, with that being said, the game has level requirements when transporting to the arenas. Our next bosses event is most likely going to be Alpha. I don't know each level requirements off the top of my head, but the Alpha Dragon requires Lv. 100. If you want help leveling up, let me know and we can help you go Wyvern hunting ;)

Thank you both! @Zeus13611 and I are pretty close to 100, mid to upper 80s.  We have a group of Rex's we're focusing on no muties so far, I'll get our Rex's base stats in a spreadsheet their origin is a set of twin 295's.  We've not touched their lvl ups for now so we could maintain a base to work from.  Pretty sure our first two aren't imprinted either so they should be 100% flat.  We've got a good stock of females, and are focusing through a single male currently.  We usually end up with around 6 to 8 eggs a day, so I'm probably just impatient and eager to see change...

Is this the guide you mentioned @Feisty?

We're going off of this guide for breeding and mutation, seems acceptable, and similar to many of the other breeding guides I've watched, a little more in depth, but if you have anything else we should consider it would be greatly appreciated.

That's the exact video that i used to understand breeding rex's. It's been pretty useful. Some of the other videos i watched before finding that one actually had information that is simply not true in them so watch out for that.

Markivo, this is correct.  There's actually a fairly extensive list of contraband critters when it comes to boss fights.  We originally wanted to try a swarm of argents, but...no fliers.  Then we wanted to go with a pack of thylacoleo (REX ONLY seemed too easy of an answer, we wanted to try some variants) and....those beautiful bearcats aren't allowed because they're afraid you could exploit the wall climb ability.  That was on another server, and we did get to see the pack eat a wild giga or two.  That was pretty awesome, until we fed them to a titano and found out that no.  no you don't kill those in ground combat like that.

In general rexes are the easy solution.  They're simple to tame, breed, and they work.  They work well.

There are plenty of substitutes, if you will, such as a pack of yutyrannus (our current boss group), or other meaty dinos.  The basic requirement is that they have to be nice and fatty so they have enough hp to be able to take a few hits from a boss that simply doesn't care how much armor you stack on, they're still gonna hit three digits of damage per thwack, but at the same time the critter has to bite hard enough to be able to take out the boss in a reasonable amount of time.  With upwards of 10k as a base health and 50 base bite damage....a rex pretty much fits that bill perfectly.  It's one of the highest damages in the game of land critters, and they're some of the fattest land critters too in terms of hp.  It's really hard to argue against that.  That said, there's PLENTY of variant strategies.  Don't be afraid to experiment, find one that works for you.

Also keep in mind: server settings mean a lot, so don't take too many other people's word for things.  Dire bears and rockets might work on one server, but absolutely fail on another (never seen that before, tbh).  Depending on server settings, a pack of 5 level 30-50 dilos might even be enough to take a boss, or bosses might be so hard that a pack of level 800+ rexes just don't cut it.  Fortunately, the ADK servers are much more balanced than either of those horrible scenarios, but I have noticed that the bosses and other wild dinos might be just a bit tougher than you'd expect if you came straight over from vanilla.  There's plenty to counterbalance that, but don't be surprised if someone's 'ultimate strategy' doesn't pan out the way you'd expect on this server.

Though there may not be any wrong answers, or maybe just ones that are more of a challenge or are more fun.... There are answers that the staff will prefer. What i mean by this is if you are looking to gear for boss fights with ADK, the acceptable answer is rexes yutys and daeodons. If you want to do the bosses on your own or with another tribe you can do whatever you want, but for the sponsored ADK events, the answer is rexes.