Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Pendersen

How much is too much?

That’s a very difficult question to answer specifically to a point of clarity. In terms of size we do like to factor in how many players you have, if you are a tribe of one I would see no reason why your base has to be the same size as a tribe of 10, at the same time the amount of time of spent on the server can also be a factor, if you need the space you need the space. Essentially I fly around the servers every once and a while and I will tell people I really don’t think you need to expand anymore, always prefer people build up then spread if possible as this does make others travel a lot easier as well as keeping the load lag for building in certain areas that are easier to avoid for players with older PCs.

The reason the rules state that this is at my discretion as a manager is because with our current population people building out maybe a little more than nessesary isn’t really that damaging but should we ever see a crazy population increase that would mean smaller bases. 

For scale of reference I suppose you could look at my tribe on ragnarok, “Never Mindwipe” we are right next to the green obelisk. That is honestly the biggest I would ever suggest for a 3-4 person tribe, we are still building within those walls, and any further expansion will be upwards if anything. 

As for dinos... well that’s another tough one, if you are working on breeding then that’s kind of a grey area, just hate the idea of one person going ham and holding more than half the servers allotted tamed. The number we have right now is around 1400 per server and that’s pretty low but it’s all impactful on space and strain on the servers, another one we kind of have to play by ear. If people can’t be reasonable in what they keep then eventually I have to step in and people don’t like being told they can’t do something. I try and make rounds often enough that I can give people fair warning before they put in all the time and effort if they are getting close to the danger zone, hell ive had to tell one of my own admins to back down on the building. It really does suck but people need to think about the impact their building can have on a server we are trying to grow the population on. 

I hope that this helps in some way, like I said it’s a hard subject to be completely transparent on. 

Edited by Feisty

Well there goes my evil mastermind/world domination idea of covering every available square inch on the Island with stone foundations, and/or my idea of raising a 100,000+ army of killer chainsaw-wielding mantis warriors.  These admins, always harshing my evil.

5 hours ago, jayrestexas said:

Well there goes my evil mastermind/world domination idea of covering every available square inch on the Island with stone foundations, and/or my idea of raising a 100,000+ army of killer chainsaw-wielding mantis warriors.  These admins, always harshing my evil.

Your tears fuel me.