Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
LtNoobslayer

Winter Anime 2017-18

So I know most of my shows for the season are coming to a close in the next few weeks and we'll get ready for the spring season.  What shows have you watched, what were your thoughts on 'em, and what are you excited for coming up?  This doesn't have to just be shows from this current season I just want to know what people are watching.  I'll start us off...

Currently watching/finished this season:

• Gintama - I've been with this show for a long time now and I'm sad it's finally in its final arc.  It's bittersweet to know that I'll soon have to say goodbye to this gem of a parody show but its been one hell of a ride.  I'm not sure I'll be able to find a show to fill the void this one'll leave behind.
  • Boruto - People keep hating on it and comparing it to the end stages of Naruto but don't let that fool you.  The show is moving along at a decent pace and is interesting in its approach to the world following the events of Shippuuden.  Just avoid any comments sections and it's almost as enjoyable as the original.
  • Dragonball Super - I'm breaking my normal convention of Sub > Dub here because I'm English DB all the way.  After seeing the battle of the gods film a while back I was pumped to see the Destroyer show up in the anime.  Sure it's the same old smae old DB formula but there's just something fun about it all the same.
  • Pripara - This one's a guilty pleasure, but I'm glad the subbing community finally found the time to finish the missing episodes.  I can check this one off my list and add it to the "finished" collection.
  • Idol Time Pripara - Damn it, they made a sequel.
  • Aikatsu stars! - I've gotten into an idol anime thing this season.  While the CG performances are still as weird as ever the songs are nice.
  • Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku - Longer title but it's the typical "wake up in a new world/game" sort of deal.  I like the casual nature of this one and that it's more slice of life than action adventure.
  • Overlord - On the topic of new world/game genre I picked up this one as it's second season was trending and caught my eye.  I have not been disappointed as its pretty funny and tells a decent story.
  • Mahoutsukai no Yome - I'm enjoying it well enough to keep going but it's just a little awkward for me.  Not sure what about it just feels meh, maybe it's the MC's.
  • Violet Evergarden - Holy shit, the production quality of this one is amazing.  Sad story but the world and the way they follow the story of Violet through the secondary characters is great.  I get warm fuzzies from the artwork then the plot sucker punches me in the feels.  It's a good pain.  Easily my favorite for the season (Sorry Gintama).

Excited for next season:

I got nothing, honestly I haven't looked ahead at what's upcoming.  The only big show I know I'm waiting for is RWBY to drop in the fall as it does every year.