Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Asalante

New Build options?

So I was thinking about building a new machine, current one is 5 plus years old and showing some age.  Is the AMD Ryzen 5/7 the way to go these days?  I've always had good luck building with ASUS and Gigabyte mobos.  Last build was an Intel i5 on an Asus, it's been awhile since I built on an AMD platform.  Anyway I'd appreciate anyone's insight on the core of a build.  Thanks!

I would say yes to the Ryzen 7. After looking at a lot of reviews out there, people have a lot of great things to say about them especially for the value.  What exactly are you looking to do? Gaming and Streaming?  Just gaming? 

1 minute ago, AOBLXIX said:

I would say yes to the Ryzen 7. After looking at a lot of reviews out there, people have a lot of great things to say about them especially for the value.  What exactly are you looking to do? Gaming and Streaming?  Just gaming? 

I second that.

As to MOBOs I love Gigabit and Asus both are good choices.  I prefer equipment built on the premise of long life, or protecting components.

I cannot say this ROG board would fit your needs/wants, it is entry level, but it's a TUF, which gives you these values:
** Military-Grade TUF Components like TUF LANGuard, TUF Chokes, TUF Capacitors, and TUF MOSFETs for maximum durability.

I've burnt a few boards so I don't think twice about going for safeties like that.

ASUS AMD Ryzen AM4 DDR4 HDMI DVI VGA M.2 USB 3.1 MicroATX B350 Motherboard (TUF B350M-PLUS GAMING):
https://www.amazon.com/MicroATX-Motherboard-TUF-B350M-PLUS-GAMING/dp/B075KCB65S/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&linkCode=w43&ref-refURL=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.adkgamers.com%2Fforums&ie=UTF8&qid=1520389240&sr=1-1&keywords=ASUS+TUF+B350M-PLUS+GAMING

It seems that AMD usually give a bit more bang for the buck and has a mindset for future growth without replacing the mobo, or so they say.  This would be a day to day pc with a focus on gaming, though I'm by no means a pro gamer haha!  I'm hoping to find a mobo bundle to help negate some of the overpricing of gpu's.  I'm going to reuse my current case and liquid cooling system, ssd, and hdd's and looking to rebuild the core components.  As always any advice is consider, thanks so far fellas.

Yeah, and more so in this day and age does AMD give you more bang for your buck.  Unfortunately there is still going to be a hardcore Intel fanboy out there who will say it's Intel or nothing. And that's where I'd say yeah. . a few years ago for sure. 

I'd do whatever you could to wait for a GPU @Asalante until the market drops a little at least. 

Unfortunately is waiting an option anymore?  I've seen similar articles as I've linked below lately saying prices will continue to climb until Q3 of this year.  Then we'll be in holiday sales and after that the manufacturing workers take a break putting us back where we are now.  I was going to keep waiting but not sure if that's the best move anymore.  That all being said I've seen a few gpu cards in stock a bit more lately and low end cards come down in price a bit.  Probably because new tech will be coming soon, it's always something haha.

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/264576-massdrop-nvidia-expects-gpu-prices-rise-q3-2018

So speaking of liquid cooling, any suggestions for Ryzen processors?  I'm thinking of the 5 1600X, from what I've been reading it's a good compromise and bang for buck when it comes to gaming rigs and AMD processors.  7's are worth extra bucks if you are doing some rendering or video editing etc.  So I'm currently running an older XSPC Raystrom kit : http://www.xs-pc.com/discontinued-eol/raystorm-750-ax240-watercooling-kit

Think I could just update the cpu block and keep the rest the same?  I was also thinking of getting a 1060 or 1080 and adding a gpu block to the loop.  Your input is appreciated, thanks!

You can't go wrong with either the 5 or 7, although I'd say go with the 7.  And are you wanting to do full liquid cooling for your rig or just the processor? 

As far as GPU, I think yes you can wait for that for prices to go down if you have something that works for you right now.  Or at least wait till the middle of the year when I thought Nvidia was going to release a new GPU, and then that should hopefully lower some prices for the other GPUs out there. 

Well I'd like a threadripper but really can't justify spending the cash on that lol.  I'm watching 7 prices and sales, I've since read that going with a 1600/x or 1700/x would be a decent option either way.  I'm currently running the XSPC liquid cool with a two fan radiator and a bay.  I didn't get the gpu block at the time and now I can't get it (no longer made/supported).  But I would add on  moving forward.  It's in my first liquid cool build and I'm quite happy with it.  I considered ekwb but they are not the most economical option, so I'm looking for others opinions.