Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
AOBLXIX

SanDisk 400 GB Micro SDXC - $189.99

We had one of these 8" floppies, never used them myself, I'm not quite THAT old yet.
1024px-Floppy_Disk_Drive_8_inch.jpg

Kind of fun installing DOS with 51/4"
I once had to install Windows 95 3 times in a row via 31/2" I still have nightmares reliving that day...

58 minutes ago, Pendersen said:

We had one of these 8" floppies, never used them myself, I'm not quite THAT old yet.
1024px-Floppy_Disk_Drive_8_inch.jpg

Kind of fun installing DOS with 51/4"
I once had to install Windows 95 3 times in a row via 31/2" I still have nightmares reliving that day...

At least the 3.5 disk did not break easily.  Cant tell you how many 5 1/4 i broke.  Amazing how far we have come.  

It is, I quite cherish the flash memory chips of today, cannot wait till we get to the point of using floating point graphene transistors.  SSD's will last ridiculously long, be utterly efficient, blazing fast, and incredibly huge, in storage space, yet incredibly small in physical size.

As to real current tech coming soon, I look forward to 3D XPoint, and above all else, crystal storage devices, AKA "Superman Storage."

Hey if they can make it cheaper and waaaaay smaller, they did successfully get synth DNA to about 215 PB per gram information density.  Nature's best compression format is just expensive as hell to replicate in a lab.