Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Feisty

RE: Dinosaur Traps on Ragnarok

Hi guys, 

We are noticing an overwhelming amount of traps scattered around Ragnarok. Would like to ask that players stop building traps on the Ragnarok server. @Harmsorgi has build a wyvern trap next to the trench @ 20.5, 71.5 and a griffin trap next to the green obelisk area @ 51.3, 37.5

At this point in time we will be allowing players to build temporary cages as needed but they need to be torn down after the tame or at the very least the end of your session. Players have four days to take down any existing traps. If you would like another trap built at a specific location please respond to this post and let us know where you would like and what type of dino you intend to use it on and we will see about building it. Taming pens in the vicinity of your bases are excluded from this rule so that players can continue to use them as dino drop pens or whatever you need for taming at your base.

We are currently only implementing this rule on Ragnarok but if this becomes an issue on other servers, we will be implementing this there as well.

TLDR: Take down your current traps. You have 4 days to take down any existing pens before admins clean up the server. After this, any pen that is up for longer than a day could end up torn down by an admin. If you feel like we need another permanent trap somewhere please post here.

We have had a Wyvern trap near the trench for a long time now, it's on the beach near the volcano, and I would like to request keeping it there, as we have a small outpost used for egg/milk farming.

Just now, Feed_em said:

We have had a Wyvern trap near the trench for a long time now, it's on the beach near the volcano, and I would like to request keeping it there, as we have a small outpost used for egg/milk farming.

We actively use it for milk, too.

I don't see why it's a problem, it's not as if the traps stop you from building in a huge radius, it's pretty small tbh. And they shouldn't lag the server considering they aren't all that big. 

23 minutes ago, Feed_em said:

22 minutes ago, Chasaroonie said:

We actively use it for milk, too.

@Harmsorgi has build the trap he did there for people to use for milk, if there are features you think need to be changed about it then you can let us know, but if we start letting certain people keep traps then the issue doesnt go away. The map is littered with them and we want it cleaned up so people aren't having to pick areas for building based off where everyone's hundred traps are. 

OR maybe if someone wants to build where there is a trap, they could just kindly ask the tribe to remove it for them. that way we all dont get screwed over.

We can't just unlock our stuff and let everyone use it? That's pretty lame. What if we need to get milk and someone is using the admin permitted trap? What if there isn't a trap next to the thing we want to tame? What if the type of trap isn't made yet? I just made a rock elemental trap yesterday and now you say I need to take it down? This is very disappointing. It's a big map, there aren't tons of players I don't see why this is necessary. Kind of wish there was some sort of poll or community outreach before such a harsh decision was made.

I don't get it, the map is littered with traps that aren't being used, but now we have to demolish all traps? Have players demolish all of their traps that aren't being used, but let them keep ones that are actively being used. If someone wants access to it to use it, let them ask a member of the tribe. If someone wants to build in a location where a trap is, let them ask the tribe if they could move the trap. Don't just make a ban on all traps around the map, where we could only use admin traps. That's just ridiculous.