Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
AOBLXIX

Poll - Discord Music Bots

Would you like a Discord Music Bot?   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like a Discord Music Bot?

So a handful of people have brought up the possibility for having music bots within Discord, so how many of you would be interested in having a music bot in Discord and ultimately there would be multiple bots that would only be able to be controlled by ADK members.  

If any of you have ideas, we are open to suggestions.  So for example one bot per section, etc. . .   Feel free to give your feedback! 

I'm personally against the idea of having a music bot that people can drop into a channel.  However if there is overwhelming support for this idea I'd highly suggest it only be allowed in certain channels to keep its potential reign of terror contained.

I think that music bots are a great idea so long as they are restricted to specific 'music group channels' (Such as a Minecraft Music Channel or Elite Dangerous Music Channel) and to the Donor Club Channels or Purchased Discord Channels, so long as the donors or channel purchaser would have control over them.  I would not want to see them in something like the Elite Dangerous Wing #1 & #2 chats.

I myself, if I want to hear music, plug in my cellphone and listen to Spotify or to a podcast.

I'm not sure how the bots work, but it would be kewl to share my Spotify music in my donor channel.

I personally will never use them or want them in the channel im in, maybe restrict to the main lobby channels of each section? Also opens up a whole new level of troll.

I am willing to give it a shot but i think managers should be able to opt out for their sections. The reason i say this is because wow only has 2 voice channels, not a lot of other options if someone is listening to music in one and other people are occupying another.

Edited by FeistyTV

I think it’s a great idea as long as it’s controlled. Keep it in 1 channel for each section and no more. For example in a game like D2 or WoW, people shouldn’t be in a raiding channel when someone joins and drops in Darude Sandstorm. 

PS. I don’t have much experience with these bots, can players turn them down separately from main volume like you can with other players?

Of course, we wouldn't let people run wild with them and move them channels, etc, etc. . :)  It would most likely be limited to members only, but people have asked about it, so I'm just trying to get as much feedback as possible before implementing them if we do move forward with them. 

Music-only Dedicated channel would be a cool idea.

If there are multiple people in multiple chats, there might be a problem with people taking turns with the bot.

And along the lines of Feisty, people can abuse the heck out of it whether they're members or not.

I love the idea, I mean its easy to perm mute things so its not like it would be an issue for those who do not want it. and the whole "i shouldn't have to" argument that ALWAYS comes with a statment like this is just, well its like an annoying person in a room that you cant just remove because you don't like them. Its not hard and wont hurt anyone to mute stuff. Everyone talks about wanting a community music station but this takes out the need to open ANOTHER tab or browsers and just keep it in discord only. Which also allows the community idea. The only downfall I see so far is when more then one person wants to use it in different channels on such a large server.

As some sections appear to not want a music bot we won't have one in those select sections so they won't have to worry about it.  We will have Music Rooms in particular sections as well as a public music bot.  Stay tuned for this to be completed. :)