Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
AOBLXIX

ADK Membership Requirement Changes

After months of consideration and going back and forth on a few different ideas, the leadership of the community has decided to move forward with new requirements for holding the ADK membership status.

A big part of the changes comes from us wanting to be able to do more for ADK members, and to be able to give back to those who are members of this community through giveaways, events, etc. . . . We do also understand that this new change will not work out for some members, but at the end of the day want to let everyone know that you even without the membership title you are still welcomed here.

Over the years, ADK has been slow to adapt to the changing times within the large picture of gaming and part of that is due to not wanting to make decisions which are often tough decisions and not always looked at in the broad spectrum as a positive change. This is ultimately something that ADK has faced from the beginning of it's existence in many forms.

The requirements that will be set moving forward from here on out are:

• Being active weekly on Discord and the Forums.
  • Active participation within 1 or more games within ADK
  • If not continually active over a 3 month period, will be moved to 'Inactive Member'
    • After being an Inactive Member for a 2 month period, member will be moved to 'registered'.

Now some people might be shocked or surprised about the second bullet point there, but in all actuality one of the Ranks and Roles that was posted in the ADK member section of the forums was being active within 1 or more games that ADK participates in as it was one of the original guidelines for becoming a member. Yes we did become quite lax on those rules, but as previously mentioned that was one of the requirements. Times do unfortunately change and we haven't been the greatest at changing with those times, which is why we started the discussions we did at the end of last year to prepare everyone for these changes.

Overall the ultimate goal of this community does not change; Bringing a fun gaming environment to as many people as possible around the world. If anything it only reinforces that goal by making sure that the members of this community are active so that new members always have someone to play games with.

As we're almost 10 years in to this wonderful journey with ADK, we look forward to even more years to come.  Thank you to everyone who is and has been a part of this wonderful community!

View full article

I do not mind the changes at all. I of course need to be involved in a game here soon, but life has taken its toll on me. However I am hoping to turn things around soon, and maybe see if we can get BATTLETECH and maybe even MERCENARIES 5 started in ADK. If not I can always play some Planetside !!  or CS:GO

As a veteran, I think a clear exception to the above policy should be made for soldiers that are on deployment. Asking soldiers who wish to maintain an 'active' status with ADK by submitting a copy of their deployment orders before departure is not unreasonable or to be instantly reinstated by submitting orders is not unfair to anyone.

Also, I think ADK should make an exception to any member that is a consistant monthly donor.

Re-posting this for @Th3eRaz3r as it was posted on the old server.

I agree, and I'm sure others agree as well that this is something that I think we can do.

I do not mind the changes at all. I of course need to be involved in a game here soon, but life has taken its toll on me. However I am hoping to turn things around soon, and maybe see if we can get BATTLETECH and maybe even MERCENARIES 5 started in ADK. If not I can always play some Planetside !!  or CS:GO
I'm usually on Planetside 2 every Saturday at noon PST, and more often if I can. I am currently on an expedition in Elite Dangerous, which BTW is on sale at 75% off.

Sent from my SM-G955U using =ADK= Gaming Community mobile app

I won't lie or deny, I am one that has been less active, I've paid attention watching posts and emails, but haven't been too active in the game playing side, starting a business has left me with less time, albeit I agree with everything stated, and the rules.

A few side questions in regards to the changes:

1) What if someone has an extenuating circumstance similar to deployment?  I.E. Oil derrick deployment, branch moves, or similar?

2) What is the "re-instatement" process if deemed inactive?

2 minutes ago, Pendersen said:

I won't lie or deny, I am one that has been less active, I've paid attention watching posts and emails, but haven't been too active in the game playing side, starting a business has left me with less time, albeit I agree with everything stated, and the rules.

A few side questions in regards to the changes:

1) What if someone has an extenuating circumstance similar to deployment?  I.E. Oil derrick deployment, branch moves, or similar?

2) What is the "re-instatement" process if deemed inactive?

Great questions.  We're always willing to work with people and it ultimately comes down to communication with stuff like that. We understand things like that happen and we've always tried to be as accommodating as possible. It just comes down to we don't want people to just up and vanish without communicating and then expect to have the same perks as those members who are around or have communicated with us that "Hey, I've got this going on IRL right now. . is it cool for me to take a leave for blank amount of time and then I'll be back active again after."

As far as being reinstated during those 2 months, it's nothing crazy just being active. Someone who is inactive will probably have that tag for a few days to a week during the time that they are becoming active again. If the 2 months has passed in the inactive status with no effort of being active then said member will be moved back to 'registered' and will be able to reapply for membership.

Thanks again for the questions.

While I completely understand the purpose of this new change, this makes it difficult for certain people to be a part of the community. For example, I am in college pulling a 23 hour course schedule as a double major, so being active is a real struggle while I'm at school. I don't always have time to sit down and play a game, and I can't sacrifice my school performance for a gaming community, as one of these things will get me a career (and therefore money to live) and one of these things will not.

As stated in previous posts, staff is flexible and willing to work with members who can communicate the things that they have going on! We just don't want people vanishing for months at a time without so much as a word.

IRL is definitely something that we understand, but we have taken that into consideration with the '3 month' window that members have to be an active member of the community.  Please keep in mind that we don't require people to be ADK members to hang out with us and game with us. We aren't the groups out there that you HAVE to be a member to be able to play games with others.

We just want to be able to give more back to the members of this community and I don't think it's fair for someone who makes a post once every month and plays a game in Discord with us every 2 months to have the opportunity to get the same perks as someone who is consistently active every week, playing games, etc. . .

::EDIT:: Sorry @Hellraiser  - missed your post.  = X  lol

::2nd EDIT:: With that being said, what I said in an earlier reply still applies to this. . communication helps tremendously.

SO what about those of us who monthly contribute to the community? I have previously stated that I play in multiple community games and wear the Clan Tags proudly but I prefer not to be in discord. I have been a Gold Member for over a year and to be told that I am going to be required to be in Discord is disheartening to me. I am a Vet who does not like to be in a room with more than a few people at a time so being in a voice chat channel with multiple people is not something I am wanting to do. So if I am going to be required to do these things or lose my status as a member, which was never changed after 90 days of Gold Membership, I will have to move on.

On 1/26/2018 at 8:12 PM, AOBLXIX said:

As a veteran, I think a clear exception to the above policy should be made for soldiers that are on deployment. Asking soldiers who wish to maintain an 'active' status with ADK by submitting a copy of their deployment orders before departure is not unreasonable or to be instantly reinstated by submitting orders is not unfair to anyone.

Also, I think ADK should make an exception to any member that is a consistant monthly donor.

Re-posting this for @Th3eRaz3r as it was posted on the old server.

I agree, and I'm sure others agree as well that this is something that I think we can do.

5 minutes ago, FarMonkey said:

SO what about those of us who monthly contribute to the community? I have previously stated that I play in multiple community games and wear the Clan Tags proudly but I prefer not to be in discord. I have been a Gold Member for over a year and to be told that I am going to be required to be in Discord is disheartening to me. I am a Vet who does not like to be in a room with more than a few people at a time so being in a voice chat channel with multiple people is not something I am wanting to do. So if I am going to be required to do these things or lose my status as a member, which was never changed after 90 days of Gold Membership, I will have to move on.

That question was discussed in the community feedback section :) Basically saying if people are donating then of course that would be taken into consideration.  

But in regards to Discord, the great thing about it is that you don't have to be in a voice channel to be in discord. I understand not wanting to always be in a room with a lot of people, but I don't see a reason to not text chat with people and/or find a small group of people to game with. 

Also please understand that these requirements are the same requirements that has been within the ADK Ranks and Roles since 2012 when they were put into place.

Thanks for your comment! :)