Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
MavRoc

Up and Coming Build

looking to build a new case designed mostly for accounting and video editing... what are your opinions?

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/loztcowboy/saved/#view=xxpKZL

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/loztcowboy/saved/#view=smvjcf

this is what have come up with so far. Suggestions? looking to be around 600 minus the double screens i plan to get later

I am not an expert but I think the Ryzen build will fare better due to quad core and a SSD for video editing. however I think that system will need a secondary big SATA disk for storage. if you are doing alot of video editing then the 500Gb will not last long before it is full.

as I understood it the SSHD is using the solid state part for frequently accessed files and the HD for regular storage and this would speed things up. best thing would be to google it and see if it could be of benefit for you. if the price difference is not too much then I guess a hybrid would be better. the only experience I have with hybrids is the one I bought to my work laptop when the factory fitted SSD died. well it didn't die per say but it was encrypted and the encryption key was corrupted and there was no way to restore it with any help from third party software nor HP support.

in any case I cannot say that I notice any speed gains on that hybrid I put in it in comparison to a standard HDD, but I think that laptop is bottlenecked by the weak CPU

I can't imagine accounting would take much processing power but video editing would.  For that reason you don't want a hard drive that spins at 5400 rpm's.  Those generally were used in laptops, they spin slower, use less power and cause less heat.  Which is why they are commonly found in laptops.  With the advent of solid state drives and no spinning platters I think those 5400 rpm drives are fading away except in budget machines.  The Samsung 850 EVO solid state you have in your other build I recently installed in my laptop and it runs great.  It has tons of positive reviews, I would run that for the operating system.  I would then get a Western Digital Black (more of a performance drive non-ssd).  Those run at 7200 rpm and perform well, you can get them in various sizes but I'd suggest a 4 terabyte drive.  Use it for game installs and storage.  I also noticed you had a 400w power supply, again future proof and go bigger than you need. 600-800w would probably cover you for future vid card upgrades or whatever else.  I run an Intel i5 processor in my desktop mostly used for gaming, if I did anything video editing or rendering I'd want an Intel i7 or better or the AMD equivalent.  Just my 2 cents worth....