Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Seagull

Discord channel name ideas

change or keep  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Change or keep

• Keep old names
    • Make new ones
    • Change only some, if so which ones?

As you know, the league section has six voice channels. I would like to update them, and want to know your guy's opinion on what they should be. Here are some ideas:

LoL open chat

Normals lobby - LFG

Shaco's Asylum

Jarvan's Throne Room

Teemo's Tavern 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here are some Ideas

Demacia

Zaun

Shadow Isles

Shurima

Bilgewater

Ionia

Freljord

Noxus

The Void

Bandle City

The Jungle

Baron pit

Dragon pit

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Normals Lobby #1

Normals Lobby #2

Ranked Solo/duo #1

Ranked Solo/duo #2

Ranked Flex #1

Ranked Flex #2

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

These are topic starters/ideas to expand on

Teemo's Tavern is staying

i do not agree as you have not chosen any original names all of the ones listed are just plain and taken right from the game or are basic. in what was does that stand out from any other group with multiple channels for gaming on a single game?

Shacos stayin, that's a legacy at this point.

I'd like to say maybe be creative with the names, we used to have a bunch of unique ones pertaining to the game, like the Rune Prison, our timeout room, twitches sewer, the void, ect.  Rather than just use areas in runeterra, add some flair to the names.

1 minute ago, Phreaktaco said:

Shacos stayin, that's a legacy at this point.

I'd like to say maybe be creative with the names, we used to have a bunch of unique ones pertaining to the game, like the Rune Prison, our timeout room, twitches sewer, the void, ect.  Rather than just use areas in runeterra, add some flair to the names.

Not even close to finished with names. This is a post to create ideas

4 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

i do not agree as you have not chosen any original names all of the ones listed are just plain and taken right from the game or are basic. in what was does that stand out from any other group with multiple channels for gaming on a single game?

Like the title says it's a post to create ideas for the names. These were suggestions to maybe expand on. You're welcome to add your opinion, but you add some ideas as well if you don't like the ones listed

What exactly are we changing the channel names for though? Like i dont see anyone complaining about the names. Infact they were something that was complimented when people joined. Especially when compared to other sections and their channel names.

Edited by Greenshaw

1 minute ago, Greenshaw said:

What exactly are we changing the channel names for though? Like i dont see anyone complaining about the names. Infact they were something that was complimented when people joined.

It was an idea of mine that I've had for awhile and wanted to implement

1 minute ago, Greenshaw said:

Seems like this is just trying to replace anything the old league section had. Ex: club member list, inhouse night post. Dont see a mass cry to do this?

Every manager has different opinions on how things are ran. Why run the section around how it was ran before? without new ideas nothing will change.

Shaco's Asylum and Teemo's Tavern are like the very root of where the league section stemmed from so many years ago. I vote that those stay as they are and aren't taken away. Also you really need to come up with some better names for new channels. Those are so lame just saying. Like who wants to talk in plain ole Demacia? I've heard Garen yell that word to many damn times. It takes like half a brain cell to come up with some good names you just have to actually think.

9 minutes ago, Ceroloth said:

Shaco's Asylum and Teemo's Tavern are like the very root of where the league section stemmed from so many years ago. I vote that those stay as they are and aren't taken away. Also you really need to come up with some better names for new channels. Those are so lame just saying. Like who wants to talk in plain ole Demacia? I've heard Garen yell that word to many damn times. It takes like half a brain cell to come up with some good names you just have to actually think.

Those are just words for you to expand on.

The words were simple ideas to help ideas going, these were not things you had to choose from

So youve added a poll now, maybe make it have options. Like you have just yes or no and we dont know what we are saying yes or no to?

And then if they do want to change a name, have them comment which name they want changed?

Edited by Greenshaw

I like the idea of adding Normals and Ranked chat lobbies rather than just having Normals-LFG. As for the others I haven't been around that long but I like the Shaco's Asylum and Teemo's Tavern channels. 

Ok now that I'm nice, awake, and had some tea

Image result for anime typing gif

Should we change the names?

Some yes, I also believe this is up to the "Managers" (sorry,  idk if that is what the group of them is called still learning terms)

Why?

I have noticed that ADK does not have to many traditions or ways to acknowledge who is in charge. But, I have noticed that ADK is about having fun and just relaxing with everyone that enjoys the same games you do, with a hint of attempts to be competitive if you choose to. So, since i brought up tradition it would be cool to keep one either shaco or teemo (my vote is to keep shaco it makes me giggle) but to let the managers pick the other fun named rooms, I mean it would be a cool way to get to know alittle about who is leading the LoL community, They can all pick their main champ, role, spell, ETC. and just make a room. I mean they are leading for a reason, and i think ADK could do with some tradition. each time the turn over they get to make a fun room, BUT every time you keep one old room to honor the last group that helped create what league of legends community is. 

I have noticed alot of things about ADK and i think it will help move forward but also maintain the respect that is needed for those who have worked and helped ADK.

~steps down from soapbox~

PS. I agree with @Ezrya there should be a Ranked room, even a streaming room maybe so people know to not pop in and be trolls right off the bat.

Edited by NarwhalNightmare

59 minutes ago, NarwhalNightmare said:

Ok now that I'm nice, awake, and had some tea

Image result for anime typing gif

Should we change the names?

Some yes, I also believe this is up to the "Managers" (sorry,  idk if that is what the group of them is called still learning terms)

Why?

I have noticed that ADK does not have to many traditions or ways to acknowledge who is in charge. But, I have noticed that ADK is about having fun and just relaxing with everyone that enjoys the same games you do, with a hint of attempts to be competitive if you choose to. So, since i brought up tradition it would be cool to keep one either shaco or teemo (my vote is to keep shaco it makes me giggle) but to let the managers pick the other fun named rooms, I mean it would be a cool way to get to know alittle about who is leading the LoL community, They can all pick their main champ, role, spell, ETC. and just make a room. I mean they are leading for a reason, and i think ADK could do with some tradition. each time the turn over they get to make a fun room, BUT every time you keep one old room to honor the last group that helped create what league of legends community is. 

I have noticed alot of things about ADK and i think it will help move forward but also maintain the respect that is needed for those who have worked and helped ADK.

~steps down from soapbox~

PS. I agree with @Ezrya there should be a Ranked room, even a streaming room maybe so people know to not pop in and be trolls right off the bat.

Thank you for the feedback, I was thinking about requesting a streaming channel, since the most of the other sections have them. The downside is, if no one uses the channel there will be no use for it. But Since Shaco's asylum has history with ADK I'm 100% keeping that one. I'm pretty new and didn't know that. But I'm excited to see what ideas for some channel names

Any suggestions for the open chat, and LFG?

Some more ideas: (not for the open chat or lfg)

Twitch's Sewer

Ornn's Mountain

Tahm's River

Maokai's Forest

Fizz's Sea

5 hours ago, NarwhalNightmare said:

since i brought up tradition it would be cool to keep one either shaco or teemo (my vote is to keep shaco it makes me giggle) but to let the managers pick the other fun named rooms, I mean it would be a cool way to get to know alittle about who is leading the LoL community, They can all pick their main champ, role, spell, ETC. and just make a room. I mean they are leading for a reason, and i think ADK could do with some tradition. each time the turn over they get to make a fun room, BUT every time you keep one old room to honor the last group that helped create what league of legends community is. 

I love the idea of traditions in general so creating one for ADK and lol is great whether this is the tradition to do or not. Every leader leaves a mark behind on whatever it is that they lead. All presidents/prime ministers/kings/queens names all get left in the history books.