Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Ezrya

Tips for climbing as a support main ?

Hey everyone, I'm a support main in Silver 3 and my main champions are Soraka and Sona although I can play and have tried most other supports and have been playing since about end of season 4. Since then I have mostly enjoyed support the problem is I can never seem to make it to gold which I find quite embarrassing considering the time I have been playing and has led me to just playing Normals most of the time now and avoiding ranked. However this season I genuinely want to give it my all to get to Gold and improve so I was wondering if anyone has any tips for climbing as a support, things I should be doing, best champions to climb with ect.

I'm low silver myself but I'm kind of in the same spot. I'm an adc main though. For bot lane lane I recommend trying to find an ADC to duo with. This season I'm going to try to duo with a support so I can have better communication with them.

As for supporting, I would stick to only a few champions so you get the feel for them. If you play like 15+ champions regularly it's hard to master that champion. And when you're trying to learn/practice in ranked, it doesn't go well

@Seagull Thanks and if only we played on the same server could have teamed up >.< , and yeah I have tried looking for an ADC to duo with in the past but they either ended up being super salty after making the slightest mistake (EUW in a nutshell) or didn't use mic which kind of makes it more difficult to duo with someone. Definitely going to try to find someone to duo with this season though and I'll try to just stick to one or two champs thanks.

On 12/8/2017 at 10:12 AM, Ezrya said:

@Seagull Thanks and if only we played on the same server could have teamed up >.< , and yeah I have tried looking for an ADC to duo with in the past but they either ended up being super salty after making the slightest mistake (EUW in a nutshell) or didn't use mic which kind of makes it more difficult to duo with someone. Definitely going to try to find someone to duo with this season though and I'll try to just stick to one or two champs thanks.

I'm also not very good lol, but I'm trying to get better. I want to get myself to gold this season

I'm in a similar position. Low Silver (4) and support main and trying to climb to gold. I've heard Seegull's advice from many people. Additionally, I'm trying to learn the macro aspects of the game such as wave control i.e. where to keep the wave and when, vision control (both placing and removing vision), which lanes to push, when to baron/dragon, how to gain objective control, and find it's helping a little. Though Seegull will disagree with the "it's helping" part :P

As a support main, I think we can have a good idea of macro play, since we're less likely to tunnel. Keeping an eye on the enemy jungler is what I'm also trying to learn. Best of luck on the climb!

2 hours ago, Kroonerer said:

I'm in a similar position. Low Silver (4) and support main and trying to climb to gold. I've heard Seegull's advice from many people. Additionally, I'm trying to learn the macro aspects of the game such as wave control i.e. where to keep the wave and when, vision control (both placing and removing vision), which lanes to push, when to baron/dragon, how to gain objective control, and find it's helping a little. Though Seegull will disagree with the "it's helping" part :P

As a support main, I think we can have a good idea of macro play, since we're less likely to tunnel. Keeping an eye on the enemy jungler is what I'm also trying to learn. Best of luck on the climb!

you've only been playing for a little while, and you already know most of the core mechanics of the game. I think that's amazing that you caught on so fast. Props man @Kroonerer

@Kroonerer Yeah Macro is something I have been working on quite a bit lately, vision control is something I really need to work on I think, sometimes I just slap a random ward down without thinking and call it a day. Here's an interesting video on macro by the way if your interested it's quite in depth and a long video but has lots of useful information.

Good to see a TSP fan :D I really like how in depth he goes in his videos compared to other educational LoL Youtubers out there. 

1 hour ago, Kroonerer said:

The Strategy Professor! Love this guy. I've been subscribed to his streams. Love his analysis.

I've only seen a few of his videos, but he's really cool