Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Huskay

Ask The Challenger

So firstly why am I making this post? I get messaged on discord a lot with all kinds of questions related to league or people will join my room on discord to ask questions. I don't have an issue with this at all, however the one thing that does become annoying are the same questions that get asked more than once.

Now the reason why I am making this post. This is a post for the ADK community's league players that are keen to improve and climb higher in ranks, A place to ask all kinds of league questions whether it's champion specific, how to change mentality, item builds, scenarios from your solo Q games, improving on a role, ETC. I will be paying close attention to this post over the preseason as I have no scrims or tournaments until next year, checking it daily. After awhile ill look back at the types of questions I get and look into making guides or post on popular topics. For example if I get a lot of jungler style questions i will look on making a jungler guide made and tailored to the ADK community.

A little bit about myself so you know you can trust my answers. I first hit challenger back in season 3 when only 50 people could be placed challenger. The following season i managed to maintain 3 accounts top 100 of challenger which is what helped me join my first pro team n!faculty. After a few teams I received an offer from Copenhagen wolves where we made it playoffs, right at this time I received a competitive suspension from riot and had to step down to a sub role. (You can find info on all my past teams and team mates off a wiki in case anyone is interested)

Thanks, Huskay

Ok so I do have a question, sorry if it's a bit of a dumb question. So I'm a Support main in silver 3 and I mostly play Soraka and Sona sometimes Leona, so pretty low elo and I hear a lot about how supports should roam and maybe go help out the jungler or mid laner ect, maybe get some deep wards down for vision. The problem I face a lot when roaming is that a lot of players at my elo specifically my ADC don't seem to understand that it's my job to also support my other teammates and also to leave the lane to sometimes put vision down that isn't just in the Bot lane thus results in me trying to roam then my ADC ends up getting destroyed 1v2 then complains at me and pretty much rages most of the game. So should I be roaming in my ELO or am I just not doing it right ? and do you have any tips on how to roam effectively and when are some good times to be roaming ?

@EzryaOkay from how you described it youre not roaming at the correct times also sona and soroka are very bad supports to roam with as they lack a lot of CC. Good times to roam are right after your first base, when your ADC bases and you have around 3/4 HP left and another thing you want to look out for it takes some time to learn but, watch the other teams mid laner (how pushed up he is and his sums) and where your jungler is, so if the jungle is taking red/blue buff and the mid is pushed back to turret, you could look to start moving mid lane and gank with the jungler in a 3v1. One thing i see low elo supports do is roam when behind and leave there ADC under turret alone and they just get dived on repeat. Ignore about 95% of stuff anyone in plat or bellow tell you about the game or solo q tbh, so if they flame in chat or say you should be doing something else just ignore them till after the game where you can watch reply and see what you personally did wrong.

@Huskay Thanks for the detailed answer, I guess the biggest thing holding me back is that I suck at identifying my own mistakes. Also do you maybe have any champion recommendations for Support I should play at low elo that might also be good at roaming ?

@Huskay so I jungle, im a jungle main that plays shyvana and kindred, im placed bronze but i feel like im at least a silver 4, I try so hard to help lanes and get no where, like as kindred, by 5 minutes im already 4/0 and the only one with kills, it seems like no one listen to what i say, all my friends are plat and diamond, so i play with their level and stuff, so ive learnt how and when to baron and stuff like that, but i cannot carry the team, please help. Im trying so rigorously to climb but i cannot because of elo, how can i improve more?

@PelkyWell firstly stop thinking that you belong in a higher elo than what you are. Yes set yourself a goal, yes look to climb higher than you already are. Thinking that you should be of a higher rank blinds yourself to your own game play, you end up blaming others and paying more attention to what team mates are doing in game other than focusing on what you need to do within a game. This leads to tilt so if youre tilted from your team mates (lets be honest they're bronze. they dont know what they are doing so dont expect them to do the right thing) so this leads to you not pressuring the right areas of the map to play to your teams win conditions, so if you really are going 4/0 at the start of the game as a jungler and a lane starts to lose/feed you shouldn't have any issue with 2v1 or in most cases 2v2 the losing lane taking the kills shutting down and keeping down the lane getting a head ypurself. playing games with plats/diamonds doesn't just make you a plat/diamond player, yes ask questions and keep playing with them can speed up the process. My advise to you is with league you have to look at the big picture and try to ignore the stupid shit that your team mates are 100% going to do, its solo Q no matter what elo you are in its going to happen its just part of solo Q. So what you gotta do is just play to learn and improve as you learn and improve over time your rank follows up with you. Feel free to write here again, msg me or ask about what other junglers (streamers/youtubers) to watch to learn.

Yo Huskay so I'm stuck between roles and I want to know what role you think has the most effect over the game, I been playing everywhere but support but I wanna focus on one role. So in your mind what role has the most effect over the game so I can carry and climb because I HATE silver <3.

@Bobbyit really just is personal preference mah dude. Getting better at league or any competitive game for that matter. Is all about consitancy. So I recommend you play the role that you personally find enjoyable to play because that way you’ll feel more enclined to grind out more games. if for example you force yourself to learn and play mid lane because you think it’s the best role and you’ll climb but deep down you know playing top lane is more rewarding because you find the champs more fun to play you’re just going to put yourself on tilt much faster. For example back in season 2 when I was a silver tard myself the reason I played jungle was simply I looked up who was losing more games and made it my mission to tilt that fucker and that’s what made me a jungler. But here’s what I recommend you do. W.e role you decide to play STICK TO IT. I see so many low elo players maining jungle. Then mid. Then top. Week after week. All this will do is make it harder on yourself to learn and develop your skill (which all of us have to do with consistency and time. A lot of time). And when you do pick a role pick a nice small champ pool to play with 3 champs on main roll 1 maybe 2 on second. And make sure that these champs are all similar in play style or have big areas that are the same so even tho different champ the basics don’t change. For example lux ori Annie. Are all extremely similar in the way you farm push pressure team fight and position are all almost identical. This way all the things I listed you’ll develop and learn as you play. If you play ori fizz galio mid. They are all completely different to each other and over time you’ll have to learn many different skills and it’s just going to slow down your learning and climb. The more you learn and Develop as a player the more your elo will slowly follow up with you.