Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Snarky

Mod Requests

I have a couple of mod requests. Let me preface this with the fact that I hate buggy mods and wouldn't recommend any that weren't stackable or no longer maintained.

Dino Pickup Mod (Mod ID:870709781) Clean, Stackable. This mod has 5 Stars with 477 ratings and nearly 200,000 subscribers. It allows you to create a relic (crafted in your inventory) that you can place in any dino's inventory and remote use. After this, a new option called PickUp is added to the options wheel when you hold E. The dino is shrunk down to the size of a compy and you can then carry it in your shoulder. You can carry anything including creatures with platforms and structures on them! I have used this mod before and it makes playing solo so much easier. Imagine being able to go out and tame a squid over by red obelisk and then carry it on your shoulder to your water pen at green obelisk. It also makes farming much easier. You can carry your anky or doed on your shoulder and ride a weight argy to the nearest batch of metal and then home again. Since shoulder creatures have a weight reduction this is also a way to carry large loads of resources between the farming location and your base.

TekBench (Mod ID - 866719397) Clean, Stackable. This mod has 5 stars with 408 ratings and over 160,000 subscribers. This allows you to create tek items in your inventory, which is neat but its one major addition that I love is the ability to craft element in the tek bench. It requires tons of electronics, black pearls and ingots to craft a single element, so it is not super cheap. However, it does allow solo players like myself to get in the tek game when otherwise it is nearly impossible. 

The ark staff have discussed and at this point in time we are going to have to pass on these mods. Though they are excellent mods themselves we just don't think this is what we want on our servers. We are currently trying to steer the server away from having instant gratification for everything. We want work to be involved in farming, we also don't want to make weight bearing dinosaurs to be made obsolete. Same goes for tek, there's a lot of time and effort that goes into obtaining the patterns for the tek items as well as farming element. The Take game is pretty much considered the end game content in ARK PVE, if we make it so that everything can just have it then there is no real end game, and that's when the majority of players get bored and stop playing. Based off of how the boss events went last night I am sure you have noticed that our community functions a little differently than others, we are happy to work together for a common goal. Every player that was there last night was from a different tribe and there's no reason that outside events that we cant continue to work together to achieve the same thing =) Farming tek should be fairly easy.

I hope that you find this to be a reasonable response =)

I can absolutely understand that these mods are not the type that you would want to introduce to your community. They are obviously geared more towards solo players such as myself and tribes that have other players would probably rarely use them.

As far as the farming goes, on the Ragnarok map it is very hard to find a good area where a weight-oriented dinosaur like a bronto can navigate. The glitches in the terrain make navigation difficult at best and utterly impossible over large portions of the map. So I tend to fly out my quetzal and carrying my anky, then farm until the anky is full. But that is very time-consuming for someone who can sometimes rarely play more than an hour or so.

I also understand about the tek being end-game, but again that is official Ark and need not apply to privately run servers like this one. It is of course your decision on what the community should be focused on and mine is just a small voice in the crowd.

The boss event was fun, but as you noticed it ran long and I had some personal issues that arose because the time that I set aside was family time with my wife and daughter. I stayed because I was committed but things did not go so well for me. Had the event started at 7pm CST as planned and had I simply stayed for one round instead of all of them it would have been better for me. It's just another reminder about how I get caught up in things that I shouldn't and why I don't play in a tribe to start with.

In any event, thank you for considering my request. This is a great community and I love how the admins don't just jump at every suggestion and consider their visions of the community as a whole when making decisions. Unfortunately I think it is clear that what I want from the game will not be found here. Good luck and have fun!

This is very upsetting. I'm sorry we couldn't give you what we wanted also. As you mentioned it is really hard to make the server a good pace for all involved. This is all based off the feedback and suggestions that have been made to me by players who have come and gone over the last 4 months. Though i would love to have a place for everyone unfortunately that is not always possible. I find that things are too easy even as a solo player sometimes and that just goes to show how much every person is different and how everyone wants something different, which makes my job, and the jobs of the other ARK staff very hard to do, as in the end we do want people to be happy and want to stick around. Again, im sorry we couldn't be that home, I hope you find it.

I am sorry that I made you feel bad, it was not my intention at all and I hope that my comment reflected that this is a personal preference. I am in no way inferring that the admins or anyone other than myself is at fault here. I appreciate the work that is being done here and this is an amazing community. I have so many hours into this game that I know exactly what I want and there is no reason not to find a server that fits my style. The search wasn't easy and took two days but I found another home by using battlemetrics to search for a server by the mods I enjoy the most.

Thank you all again for a great experience!

Oh I know you weren’t intended to speak Ill, it really just does suck that we can’t be what everyone wants haha

Edited by FeistyTV
typo