Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cuddles the Bear

Destiny Gripe

I'll preface this with that I love the game. Its probably my main game right now, but there are two things that have really ticked me off. 1 is the lack of matchmaking option available for the harder strike option. I'm definitely above the recommended level but there's no way I can do it by myself right now. Would be nice if they had the option, I don't understand why they wouldn't? I can see why someone would want to do it solo or just in a team of their own choosing why not have the option? Doesn't make sense to me.

Second, why is that melée power weapons can still be used when empty and still be as effective?? I can understand this cheese for PvE but in multiplayer its enraging to be one tricked with an empty sword but I gotta wait to load my rockets. 

What are some things you would change about the game?

Melee power weapons can’t be used when empty? Can they? Yeah had a sword for a while and from what I saw you can’t use it without ammo?

in regards to the first point: nightfall is meant to be "hard" according to the devs. hence why you need to find people you can communicate with and it helps create a sense of community. but your not the only one. with the This first expansion their actually bringing in heroic strikes. so bbasically a harder version but this will have matchmaking so you will be able to do the harder version with match making .

second point: swords only do melee damage when they dont have power in them so in a sense it would actually be less effective than just meleeing someone when your melee off cool down. but i will agree that being able to third person with it is a bit broken :P

personally i would change how lost sectors work as well as add more things to do in the open world because right now having 3 305 characters myself the end game is really lacking :P 

Uncharged swords cant kill in one hit until they get ammo. They actually deal half normal melee damage, so you must've taken damage right before he hit you, or maybe it was charged and you didn't notice. If I could change one thing about the game I would add private rooms for pvp, so you could fight friends or teams and make the game actually competitive. Another thing would be making competitive mode actually mean something, I.E. giving special rewards for reaching a leader board. The last thing I would add is repeatable milestones you can do unlimited times a day, or at the very least making planetary and crucible challenges reset every X hours. 

About the swords: maybe I did, but I have sworn I've been at full health and they take me out in one hit. Maybe they did have power ammo and I was the last poor sod they used it on :P Still, I feel that you can use them at all while empty is OP af. 

Also, what do people think about PVP being only 4v4? My roommate and I think the game would work better with 6v6. At least make games feel more dynamic. 

I'd say 4v4 is better because it makes everybody's actions more valuable. One thing I noticed in 6v6 is that even if 1 person was AFK 5 people could carry them. In 4v4 if one person was AFK it's insanely hard to win. 4v4 makes an individual effort worth while. If your doing bad in 4v4 you really feel like your dragging the team down. And likewise if your doing good. You don't really get that in 6v6. At least not to a major extent.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using =ADK= Gaming Community mobile app

Edited by KernalSpicyWeiner

I agree with @KernalSpicyWeinerOn the PvP, I played a LOT of destiny 1 in which most modes were more players per team and I feel that with this transition EVERY move feels more important, and it also makes it a bit easier to coordinate 4 people compared to 6

for the nightfall’s @Cuddles the Bear, there isn’t a great option for matchmaking, which I agree they should work on it, although it appears they already are as there is the beta option for guided games to help 100% solo players who are looking for clans. The problem with this is that people who are already in clans and nobody is just on at that time don’t really have any good option

On 11/23/2017 at 12:16 PM, Cuddles the Bear said:

Second, why is that melée power weapons can still be used when empty and still be as effective??

They can be used but do something like half damage of a charged melee. What is likely happening is that they are using a sword that generates ammo on kills so theyve got more swings than youd expect them to normally.

As far as the lack of matchmaking for the nightfalls? Personally Im okay with it. I see it akin to high level Mythic+ or Mythic raiding in WoW. You want a group of people you trust, typically, to do content of that caliber.