Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Infidel_Alpha

Building A Gaming pc For a Friend Help

[quote name='Hoole' timestamp='1353198779' post='54522']
oh and I'm not a fanboy for AMD I'm a fanboy for going the route of common sense. If I was a fanboy I would definately have an fx990 UD7, 8350, and a 7000+ series GPU. Juuuuuuust sayin
[/quote]

Im partial that LOL

[quote name='Hoole' timestamp='1353198680' post='54521']
-_- you make me sad. Why are we posting benchmarks that don't even have the newest hardware in it?

[img]http://media.bestofmicro.com/X/U/357618/original/battlefield%203%201680.png[/img]
you were going to tell me how overpriced Intel stuff is? No you say? Here is more....

[img]http://media.bestofmicro.com/Z/4/357664/original/battlefield%203%202560.png[/img]

Wait wait wait wait...is that a Vishera out performing the much hailed Ivy Bridge awesomeness? I think I may have more...

[img]http://media.bestofmicro.com/Y/S/357652/original/skyrim%202560.png[/img]

point is, with AMD you get more bang for your buck considering that the new 8350 is only like 220 bucks, with the 100 you save you can get a bad ass cooler and get to overclocking and blow poor ivy out of the water.
[/quote]

Am I blind? all I see in your charts are the Intel chips out performing the AMD chips for the most part, and where they are out performing the i5, it's barely getting by. Couple that with the ability to push the unlocked chips, AMD still lacks the PCIE ability that ivy bridge has.

Yea, cost is a factor, for sure, they're all good chips, I agree. Edited by s0ck37

Vishera... barely .... 4 core INTEL better than a 6 core AMD in my book .... best reason to get AMD CPU is to save $... but it's worth the extra money to go INTEL It all depends on your priority & what you like to run ... For me it's INTEL CPU ... NVIDIA Graphics If you want the better performance Hardware.... If $ is an isuue that much AMD/Radeon whatever can be the solution you are looking for

[quote name='INFIDEL_JIHAD' timestamp='1353338410' post='54841']
No edit option on my post? ... WTF?
[/quote]

Heres the long and short of it, from an economic standpoint...AMD is best. You can push them until they puke and surpass Intel chips. With the FX line they do better the harder you push them. When it comes to 6 or 8 core chips, when you turn off 2 or 4 of the Vcores, the thing is an unstoppable beast. Did I mention that AMD knows how to make heatsinks? I like to think sometimes that Intel's motto is and always has been that "You can get better but you can't buy more." I say that because, yeah...out of the box stock from the factory you guys are right, some Intel chips will negligibly beat some AMD chips in benchmark tests. BUT if you take those sheckles that you saved by buying an AMD over an Intel and start overclocking and really pushing the chip, it only gets better and with a slight heat increase. Eventually, you can get your chip to where it surpasses any Intel chip by far...all while still costing much less (including aftermarket coolers cost) than any Intel chip that is comparable.

First off....... AMD is with in a year of being out of business . read the news. Second Intel chipsets are more stable; that is a undisputed fact (yes I have run both systems on my PC's). If one can afford it any tech guy worth is salt will recommend Intel for that reason. I know Hoole you didn't post the stats except to prove a point, but any one who would like to even think they know PC's take stats like that with a grain of salt. 90% of the gamers can't afford the massive test PC's they build to run the tests.

Facts: 99% of the software (including games) will never slow down a new processor unless it is coding error or coded to use only one core (which Intel instructions manipulate that, don't know about AMD). If built right a good PC around the $1500 range, might squeeze it out in 1200 ish range, the GPU will be your bottle neck.

So many stereo types and assumptions that people take as bible truth, such as Ping, SLI/Crossfire, FPS and my fav 32 GB memory on running on all the dimm slots, the list could go one for awhile. Break the mold guys and learn more then numbers and bang for your $$$$. Now days A quality Mobo, case, PSU, and Memory will last years till you need to upgrade it, my oldest is 5 years old? maybe six with an intel core 2 quad, 4 gb memory and an ASUS intel chipset board that with my 670 GTX FTW runs with in 5% of my I7 3820, ASUS mobo, with 16GB and SSD on gaming and generally 10% on Adobe and movie stuff. GPU (especially if your buying a budget low end) once a year would be a great upgrade.

Now GPU's different beast.. IMO AMD has better drivers and with out a doubt best "bang for your buck", but Nvidia is king ATM

Done with my rant! Round 4! Begin!