Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
HansJob

16g RAM a necessity?

As someone who's gaming on a budget i've never really bothered to upgrade my memory, just the occasional gpu upgrade, so i'm still running with 8G. But are we heading in a direction where 16 gigs is going to become the absolute minimum for gaming? How long could someone survive with less than that?

Are there currently any newer releases that require, or reccomend, more than eight?

RAM is for loading programs to be altered by your input. So it really depends on how many programs you have open at one time.

I have 8 GB of RAM and I have anywhere from 1 to 2 big programs open with 3 to 4 small programs open at once.

I would need more RAM if I were also streaming for example.

So it depends on your use mainly. But inevitably 16 GB will be standard. That will probably be in two years.

Sent from my Z981 using =ADK= Gaming Community mobile app

Titan it also comes down to games and power.  To run the OS, discord, steam/bnet/loader plus whatever background stuff on top of a game at high settings - 8gb is probably the limit.  Using 16gb preps you for the next few years of gaming - plus allows for the times you 'accidentally left something on' or are using extra mods or settings.

I've got a few games that push me over 12gb usage at the moment... so again it really depends on what you play and how

I have never run with 12 gb but I do know that at 8 GB I was bottle necking before my upgrade. ESPECIALLY when I was streaming. A lot of the resources people have posted int his topic are awesome. I didn't notice too big of a difference while i was just gaming between 8 and 16 but when i was streaming or using a browser with a video on the second monitor i started to notice a drastic improvment with the 16GB

Just now, Drinson said:

I have only 8gb, but am pushing hiigh % usage. I would definitly recommend the 16gb if I did my build again.

Currently dealing with that in my girlfriends build, only 8 gb ram, with a bit older cpu, it's starting to chug. Working on those upgrades soon and who knows I might take the new stuff ;) 

i have no clue about 8gb ram atm of using 32 gb ram but like everyone else says all dependa on types of games and programs the way things seem to be gking it could become an issue but i dont think youll need to worry for a bit as long as u dont open too much at once

Sent from my SM-G955W using =ADK= Gaming Community mobile app

This might help you decide. 

Running my computer normal I use 3.0GB ram. (this will change depending on what you have running in the background)

adding Battlefield 4 I go up to 5.8GB of ram

adding my program to stream to the internet and streaming I'm at 6.9GB ram (program used is called !action)

adding a browser and watching my stream while I game uses about 8.5 GB of ram. (browser used was google chrome)

The above is all averages and the highest I saw with all this running was 10.1GB of ram used.  I have 16GB of ram so I had plenty.  I used windows task manager to monitor my Memory usage while testing.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, VinasSol said:

I just max out my motherboard, then I know I have enough.  So 32GB of ram is what I run with.

Go big or go home!