Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Feisty

Vote: ARK server wipe on release?

Do you think we should wipe our servers on game release?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should we wipe our servers on August 29th?

Hey guys! 

With the release coming to PC on August 29th we are working to make sure that our players are happy. We are currently considering wiping the servers when the game goes to full release. We would like to know what you guys want when it comes to this wipe. There are many pros and cons to wiping the servers, if you have any input please post and let us know your thoughts.

Voting will be closed on Aug 27th.

Note: We may be forced to wipe the servers because of potential updates that are pushed on release. So there is the potential that regardless of the vote outcome that the servers will have to be wiped.

Edited by FeistyTV

I personally think that a wipe will be beneficial to the player base. It would be a great time for all of us to be put on an equal playing field going forward, as well it will make a number of the players joining us near release (we are expecting an influx) to not feel like they are being left in the dust. There is potential for the wipe to bring back a lot of returning players as well as players who were waiting for the release of the game. 

I know I have not been around the community that long at all but I would be very ok with a server wipe. It would be nice to see everyone running around starting fresh. For people that have been playing a while it may bring back some of the fun of ark back.

I really think a wipe for the server will be devastating

personally I just started a bigger base 2 days ago and think a wipe will be bed for new players that haven't buin there for atleast 2 weeks

p.s. that player is me...

I believe that a wipe will be good overall. As nikon said the older players will have a fresh start on with all the new content that is available. Also the new players will be at a level playing field and allowed to try and build at some spots that were taken for a while.

Note: We may be forced to wipe the servers because of potential updates that are pushed on release. So there is the potential that regardless of the vote outcome that the servers will have to be wiped.

my bad XD

I vote no! Because i play in Ragnarök and the server is very new! And has tons of space! And since we are in pve server, i dont see the problem of advantage here! The wildcard have already inform in the forums that they aren't wiping the official servers!

Even if the S+ is added! In this case the the change will be in the official pieces will get the same quality as the S+ pieces, if that happens i will just replace the S+ for the normal ones! However their still reviewing the S+, and that will take allot of time!

As for the others servers, i can´t say much! I rarely go there! But is big building is problem! well i have a simple solution! Instead of wipe! Just change the timer in the buildings to 1 week max, until the end of the month! Or keep like that! (I believe if players like to play, it will make time to at least logging to restart the clock! If not! well in that case he wont be needing for is stuff!) This will for certain reduce the number of bases by allot!

Do the same dinos!

This way! I and other single players! and active players don´t lose all our hard work! That includes losing sleep to imprint on yutyrannus!(18hours to full adult), getting all the eggs types ( servers can´t handle the kibble table), the mutation rexs and yutyrannus( finally got a rex with 4 mutation on it)

And i have done all that by myself!

And i still haven´t done single boss fight, because i want to be fully prepare!

So no! I don´t see the need for wipe!

If you could even if just temporally separate Ragnarok, from the others that apparently are overpopulated or builded! I would be ok with it wipe on those! since i just made small bed in each one of then!

When you added Ragnarok to the hive! Yu didn´t need to wipe the others! Why not just remove the others separately, wipe , then add then again like new servers? Can´t you do that?

Or just go for my suggestion and reduce the timer for autodemolish for 1 week to for everything! I am pretty sure my stuff wont disappear!

I think setting the decay timer to a week is an amazing idea!

all the non active players things decay and everyone who actually plays get to keep all of there hard worked for things!

personally just take down the petition and do that.

I play on the server every day so personally this wont affect me or any player that actually plays

I mean who leaves all of there dinos to starve for a week!

they will at least come online to restock the feeding troughs every 2-3 days

So personally this is what I think :)

This topic seems to be pretty heated for some. So far I have seen some players threaten to leave if the servers get wiped. I understand that a lot of you have been playing for a long time on the server and some of you are still new including myself. But put that all aside look at the big picture. It will put all of us players on the same level. The one downside to PvE is that you cant keep the server fresh. You cant get raided so no need to worry about having to bug out and move and rebuild if you get wiped off the map. That can also be an upside as well depending on how to need to play the game. I cant give this game as much time as I would like. I have a very busy life style. Soon Ill be going to school for game design and thats going to eat up a lot of my time and I mean a lot of my time. I am sure that you all have your reasons for not playing on a PvP server more importantly this server.

@Alexcat many players do not have the time to get on constantly. They have things outside like work, school, and a social life. 

There are many reasons we made the decay timer longer and we are not going to just take down the petition. This is a community vote and majority rules.

Well if it is for the players to decide! Can i suggest that the admins stay neutral, and remove their votes? Just saying! you are admins! Even if you play once in while, you still admins! You should be neutral!

And indeed if the server wipes i will leave aswell! Right now! I don't feel like playing anymore, because, why should i lose my time if you gonna erase all my work in less then 2 weeks?

I am in vacation for 2 weeks! And also starting school after! However i always made time to log in to keep my timer in check, even in the busiest weeks! So why can´t the rest of the players do the same! to be honest, by making the clock so long you may actually create a problem, that is:

The players doesn't feel like log in! Because he as tons of time! Then next week, doesn't aswell! After he simply doesn't logging anymore because the interest simply gone! ( Problem he had to much free time)

If you make shorter timers, he will have to logging! Then after logging he found what that there is stuff to do! he will start doing it, and after while i will have actually spend at least a few hours playing! And this will repeat itself, because he has to log in!

If he doesnt want to play anymore, he wont log, and wont bother if the stuff is gone! If doesn´t have time to play! Well maybe this is not the right time to play this game, so time consuming! After real life should be prioritize over any game! Maybe you should play a rpg, there you come back after months and still have all your stuff!  

And this way there is no need to wipe the servers! And admins don´t have to bother going after structures and erase then!

As for the sensation of fresh start!

It´s very funny and maybe needed for players with huge tribe, or be playing since the servers were up from the start! But not so funny when you have put one month of life in it, and still haven´t got close to end content like you guys!

Admins are players too... if we dont have a voice then we no longer will want to play and then we have no admins and then we will have no server, sorry my voice matters too, as I am part of this community same as you. 

We ARE NOT lowering the decay timer... period. We just made the decision to double it because some times players can't get on, players who are equally as valuabIe to the community as you and I. Also I had surgery yesterday, I will not be logging in probably for 2 weeks, does taking care of my health forfeit me from playing from the server? Just because you can set aside time when you are busy does not mean that others can do that. There is no reason that because I can't log on i should just go find another game to play.

Most of the other communities within ADK advised against us even asking for the open publics opinions, and we didn't have to, we did because we care about your opinions also, as a courtesy to you, so getting mad at us, and being aggressive towards us is just plain stupid, and needs to stop. We asked a simple question, derailing and making things heated will not end well. Stay on topic please.

As much as i hate the idea, I voted "Pro" wipe. Yeah losing shit sucks, it really does, this will be the 3rd wipe i have had to endure since playing this game, not just with ADK.  Servers are Buggy and Glitchy, there are buildings that should be destroyed and it gives every player a chance to do things differently or try something new, if they choose.

As for admins not being players....Have you lost your mind?!?!?! It doesnt matter what role you fill in this community, we are all players and we all enjoy gaming. If someone is an admin, they have shown the ability to help out when/where needed, be reliable, Firm, understanding and responsible enough to make decisions for the good of the community, regardless of their position of Authority, they still enjoy the game just like the rest of us and they are losing out on things the same as the rest of us. It sucks But it needs done.

I do want to thank everyone that has replied so far from staff to players.  So to give you a better idea about this topic an how we do things in ADK to better help you understand. 

We try our best to not have to wipe any server we run in ADK from ARK to Arma to Minecraft to SE to any server. We know all to well how much time everyone has put in to the game an server so when we talk about wipes it is only based on few things. 

1) Game updates that are just a must for the server to work correctly.

2) Corrupt data that is unfixable an we have no choose but to wipe to fix the server

3) The possibility of increasing the player count an making things fair to all players (which is mostly done once or twice a year regardless of updates..Makes things fun again now that you can try new things an new places)

But with this all said it is taken very seriously because we know everyone has put in lots of time in the server. In the end it is up to myself to say yes or no to the wipe sense I am the VA for the section now. I take everyone's thought into consideration when doing something like this. So please I will never leave your voice out but also try to think about the pros to doing this I do know that the cons right now are high but look at the pros to doing this an the great that it could have for all the new ppl that will now be able to build up from doing this......

Trust me we hear at ADK only want what is best for 1 the Server an 2 the players (either guest,Members,Staff,ECT) so If you have an know anyone that has not yet replied here please send them to here so I can hear their side as well. An again thank you all for replying here as it does help me when trying to make a decision on this matter. 

Thanks

DoWin

I am officially closing this poll. 

the official results are 9 for wipe and 5 against wipe. 

Edited by FeistyTV