Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
AngelicKat

What's the game like?

Basic game is 10 bucks now (used to be 30!) but it's very pay to win.  If you've ever played archeage it's similar in many ways - but there's neat features like autopathing and instanced housing.  Bit nuanced and very grindy, but what MMO isn't really.

Let me know if you want to test it out I still have three 7-day guest passes left.

BDO has been on my radar now that I've fallen out of the practice of logging into Guild Wars 2.

I say this as someone who hasn't played it. The way it moves and the way it looks actually reminds me of the dozens of free / cheap MMOs that I've played through, which isn't really a great thing. I feel that the UI is too 'busy' and is a bit more distracting than anything. The combat looks pretty smooth, but extremely grindy! The world is very pretty though, and I am a sucker for spending hours to explore a world through unconventional means. You have your own boat that you can use to explore the ocean?! YES PLS.

It seems to have picked up a lot of steam in terms of youtubers and streamers putting content online. I'm actually a bit interested in playing it myself. To push against @BookD20 here (once again, I haven't played the game), people seem to be saying that you shouldn't be worried about people that have spent money for loot as the game feels more play-to-win opposed to pay-to-win, but that also means to compete you'll have to a lot more time grinding. 

Whether it's worth your time or not depends on what you're in it for. I have heard great things about just the PvE and crafting/'Life' areas of the game, but it also feels pretty heavy on the PvP side of things.