Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Me of Cours3

Better CPU or GPU for Battlefield 1?

Hello Everyone, this is my current build; http://pcpartpicker.com/list/mwb2RG , on battlefield 4 ( the most graphically demanding game I have at the moment) I get up to 120fps in medium settings at 1080p, 80fps on high settings at 1080p and  55 to 57fps on ultra at 1080p. I have heard that Bf1 is very cpu heavy and my ideal fps i would like for high settings (I'm gonna stay away from ultra for now) on battlefield 1 when i get the game is 60fps or more in 1080p. Should I get a i5 6500/6600 ( no need for the k variant as I won't be overclocking) or should i swap out my gtx 950 for a rx 480? I am on a tight budget ( willing to spend up to 260 U.S dollars)

tbh I don't know where the performance gain lies in BF1, but looking at your current spec I would say it's the GFX. now I do not know anything about rx 480. some review said it wasn't much faster than a GTX 970. maybe look into a GTX 1060?

unless there is some tech guru here that can tell you what to go for I'd advice you to do some research with reviews on different GFX's in your price range.

Edited by Darknae

An I3 isn't going to cut it for a lot of games.

Open your task manager and alt tab while you're playing. You'll see your cpu usage in a graph. Over 70% it's actually maxed out as most games try not to use 100%. I have a 6 core i7 and in bf1 uses 40-60% cpu average.

I hate to say this but with that processor it wont matter if you upgrade your GFX all the way to a 1080, its going to throttle ANYTHING you put in there - your going to have to upgrade both of them but if i were you i would upgrade my processor first, its like @Bromance said, i would be willing to bet my next paycheck you cpu is constantly being pegged in the 80-100%. I5 will be your best bet, I5 6600K seems to be the hottest selling CPU right now for gaming and will run anything you want without bottle necking your card. Best of luck to you :)

I have gotten the rx 480 8gb from msi since christmas day and i have to say, the game ran very smooth then i expected to be honest, i get around 78-81 fps in ultra settings at 1080p with dx 11, with dx 12 i get 5-9 more fps.

Check your cpu-gpu usage, if your cpu is pinned at 100% and your gpu is jumping up and down from like 30-80 percent, probobly get a new cpu.  If cpu usage is low and gpu usage is high, get a new gpu. :)