Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Sign in to follow this  
AOBLXIX

Battlefield 1 Servers And What We Know

Battlefield1_Reveal_03.jpg

Those at Battlefield 1 (Jonas Elfving) recently released some information about Battlefield 1 Servers and who will be able to rent them. 

In all honesty they don't tell us much more than what we already knew; which wasn't a lot to begin with. 

• Will be rented directly through EA
  • Customize Some Aspects of Gameplay
  • And......more. 

Thanks Battlefield Staff. That's very helpful for helping communities determine what needs to be done within all of these communities that have helped build the Battlefield Series to what it is today. 

The sad part about the entire press release that Jonas posted was that the largest paragraph was the one talking about where the servers were going to be purchased from. And I get it, people have no problem sitting back and complaining and so they want to take care of those that are complaining most. But the only group that benefited from the post was those who were complaining the most, and there's a few reasons for that. 

• They don't tell us what the admin controls are going to be like and if you can even admin the server or add admins to the server
  • They tell us that "Starting close after launch" you'll be able to renter a server 
  • You get to reach out to the WONDERFUL support of EA Support instead of third party support. 

All communities who run Battlefield Servers prepare days and months in advance for this sort of thing to get servers up and running RIGHT AWAY when the game is released, but that aspect is no longer here with the "starting close to launch" time.  It could be on Valve time, so it could be a few days from release, or it could be a few minutes. This lack of information only seems to help one group of server owners right off the bat and that's EA/DICE.  They want to get their servers populated to show that "Oh you don't actually need server admins to run a server, we've got these great custom game mode servers running that are ours." 

Should we talk about EA Support? The times that I've had to deal with them haven't been horrible but they haven't been pleasant either, to the point of it doesn't seem that most support reps know what they are doing or how to fix issues people are having.  So how are we expected to trust them to fix issues with game servers?  

Now let's give them the benefit of the doubt, because who knows. . maybe they've got this spectacular admin system in place for communities, and will truly shock us. But at the same time, let's look at what they've done for server owners the past couple of years. 

Keep an eye out for more information regarding =ADK= Servers, as we will be putting some online and hope to see you all there on launch date! 

View full article

Keep in mind the Procon developer got hired right after Hardline (ish time frame). I would guess he has a lot to do with the server administration. Might be decent tools.

Unfortunately the way Game Devs are porting Console type of multiplayer (match makers, no community servers) this is better then nothing. 

While complainers complain those who enjoy the games just play and don't leave much feedback. Once again surprised for the aspect: (Example numbers!!!!!)

2 Million players

200,000 complaints

That's 10%, and a small fraction to make huge changes 

yet most of the 200,000 still log more hours then the average player (LOLZ)

1 hour ago, Bromance said:

Keep in mind the Procon developer got hired right after Hardline (ish time frame). I would guess he has a lot to do with the server administration. Might be decent tools.

Unfortunately the way Game Devs are porting Console type of multiplayer (match makers, no community servers) this is better then nothing. 

While complainers complain those who enjoy the games just play and don't leave much feedback. Once again surprised for the aspect: (Example numbers!!!!!)

2 Million players

200,000 complaints

That's 10%, and a small fraction to make huge changes 

yet most of the 200,000 still log more hours then the average player (LOLZ)

That's what we were all hoping for as well, but it's been said that there wasn't much being done in terms of administration.  But let's hope we're surprised. 

And yes, people who enjoy the game don't normally leave feedback because they enjoy it and just want to play the game.  But we shall see what rolls around at the release date. 

I usually leave feedback if its good or bad. I like the game play, the graphics, and over all maps of BF1. What i don't like is how its setup to play. I feel its going to hurt gaming communities with the lack of battlelog and the servers will be ran like how its done on consoles.