Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Th3eRaz3r

Civilization VI Giveaway!

CIVILIZATION VI GIVE AWAY 

civilizationvi.jpg

@Th3eRaz3r is hosting a give-away of Sid Meier’s CIVILIZATION VI 

He’s picked a historical date.  If you can guess the historical date in the comments below, you’ll be gifted: 

A Digital Deluxe version of Sid Meier’s CIVILIZATION VI via STEAM; 
a $79.99 USD value. 

• Only one copy will be gifted. 

• You can make three guesses. 

• You must have a STEAM account to win. 

• You must be an ADK member in good standing to participate. 

• The drawing ends at midnight, October 31, 2016. 

If no one guesses the correct historical date, then the person with the historical date (not including the year) that is closest** will be gifted a regular edition of Sid Meier’s CIVILIZATION VI via STEAM; a $59.99 USD value.

**Example: If the historical date was September 2, 1945, the day that marked the surrender of the Japanese to the Allied Forces and the end of WWII, then the guess September 4 1886, the date of Geronimo’s surrender to US forces, would win over December 7 1941, the attack on Pearl Harbor, even though 1886 further apart chronologically from the 1940s.

Winners who have already pre-ordered or purchased a copy of CIVILIZATION VI will be gifted the value of their winnings via STEAM or PayPal.

View full article

Guess #1 November 10, 1775 (Marines Birthday)

Guess #2 May 4, 1607 (founding of jamestown in my home state of Virginia)

Guess #3 April 14 1865 (Day of Abraham lincolns assassination by john wilks booth, also the day after my birthday)

#1- February 7th 1831 ( Belgium adopts its constitution 

#2- January 3rd 2015   ( Over 2000 people are killed in north-east Nigeria after Boko Haram militants raze the town of Baga)

#3- May 4th 2000  ( Ken Livingstone becomes the first Mayor of London)

6 hours ago, Gary23 said:

@Th3eRaz3r can we get some more clarification. I see people doing random dates but dowin said it was a Historical U.S. date?

Sent from my SM-N930V using =ADK= Gaming Community mobile app

Yes, to clarify, it is any significant historical world date; not limited to the US.

Respectfully acknowledging that the game releases "October 21 2016".  Not guessing in the hopes that I'll win but rather for fun (especially since my dates haven't been guessed yet!!) -- I'd rather a community member won the prize than an admin.

Guesses:

October 21st 1944 - WW2, US troops capture Aachen, the first large German city to fall.

July 21 1969 - Apollo 11 lands Armstrong and Aldrin on the moon - with Mr. Raz3r watching.

Feb 15, 1946 - Introduction of the ENIAC computer, the beginnings of what now controls our world!

Edited by BookD20

#1- June 16, 1846 (The Papal conclave of 1846 elects Pope Pius IX, beginning the longest reign in the history of the papacy) 

#2- May 06, 1682 (Louis XIV of France moves his court to the Palace of Versailles)

#3- October 17, 1917  (First British bombing of Germany in World War I)

#1 - June 18, 1815 (The Battle of Waterloo and the defeat of Napoleon Bonaparte by the Seventh Coalition, marking the end of his reign of the First French Empire and the end of his Hundred Days return from exile)

#2 - August 6, 1945 (The atomic bomb, Little Boy, is dropped on Hiroshima. Effectively marking the start of the global nuclear era)

#3 - December 25, 800 (The coronation of Charlemagne as the first Holy Roman Emperor by Pope Leo III, this marked the start of the Holy Roman Empire which lasted for 1,000 years)

#1 June 7th 1944 Off of the coast of Normandy, France, the Susan B. Anthony sank.

#2 April 26th 1986 The world’s worst nuclear disaster to date occurred at Chernobyl, in Kiev

#3 December 11th 1719 The first recorded sighting of the Aurora Borealis was in New England.

#1 - 14 June 1775 US Army Birthday.
#2 - 1 September 1939, the offical start of WWII when Nazi Germany Invaded Poland.
#3 - 27 November 1095, the First Crusade call forth by Pope Urban II.

Sent from my SM-N910V using =ADK= Gaming Community mobile app

March 6th, 1857 - The United States Supreme Court decided Dred Scott v. Sandford.

August 22nd, 1864 - The signing of the first Geneva Convention.

January 10th, 49BC - Julius Caesar crosses the Rubicon.

Going strictly gaming here:

1. 29 November 1972 - Pong is released, one of the first video games to reach mainstream popularity.
  2. 18 October 1985 - The Nintendo Entertainment System releases in the US and marks the end of the North American video game crash of 1983
  3. 12 September 2003 - Steam is released marking the beginning of the largest distributor of PC games.

I wanted to use Space Invaders instead of Pong but 1978 isn't specific enough.  Fun fact: Space Invaders is considered to be what ushered in the Golden Age of Arcade Video Games.

1. Oct 3 1953 - Great Britain performs nuclear test at Monte Bello Islands in Australia

2. Sept 21 1991 -  Iraq disarmament crisis: IAEA inspectors discover files on Iraq's hidden nuclear weapons program.

1. August 28, 1963 - Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I have a dream” speech.

2. April 15, 1912 Sinking of the RMS Titanic.

3.Tiananmen Square protests of  April 15, 1989 – June 4, 1989

3 guesses with a Dutch theme :D

#1: Jan 24th, 1568: In the Netherlands, Duke of Alva declares William of Orange an outlaw.

#2: Oct 31st, 1871: Founding of Netherland Protestant Union in Dokkum.

#3: Feb 15th, 1552: Dutch coast hit by heavy storm