• Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
SLIMJIM

Phoenix of ADK

Over the past few weeks, i have seen the community split. it was not as publicly know as the CS:GO split that happened and really this split was more discrete if anything.

But remember what  @LaithSJ said about the ADK's new emblem after the CS:GO split?

I want to express that from what I'm reading (forum post about leaving ADK) if this was >NOT< ADK I would have left. BUT I believe in this Pheonix! It WILL rise again.

I BELIEVE in @AOBLXIX

I BELIEVE in @Dowin

I BELIEVE in @Spyderbyte88

I BELIEVE in @LaithSJ

I BELIEVE in Our Sections

I BELIEVE in Our COMMUNITY

I BELIEVE in Our Members 

I BELIEVE in ME (like gotta get dat ego going XD)

I BELIEVE in the @mention system

The point is I BELIEVE in ADK being great more that it already is (and to those who left thinking it was not; f**k em)

P.S. i dont know where the link to @LaithSJ 's post about the ADK emblem is so please post it if you could.

@AOBLXIX Can you mail me a phonebook ;)

EDIT:

There is others I Believe in but names are hard to remember XD

-Slim

Edited by SLIMJIM

@SLIMJIM Well , thank you for your nice wards , We do believe in you too =) 

P.S : could not find the post lol , but even so , ADK is a family and you are a part of it , so we do proud to have you in it =) 

On 9/20/2016 at 11:11 PM, SLIMJIM said:

Over the past few weeks, i have seen the community split. it was not as publicly know as the CS:GO split that happened and really this split was more discrete if anything.

But remember what  @LaithSJ said about the ADK's new emblem after the CS:GO split?

I want to express that from what I'm reading (forum post about leaving ADK) if this was >NOT< ADK I would have left. BUT I believe in this Pheonix! It WILL rise again.

Some of the old people left, or disappeared, prior to the cs go split due to reasons. These people were community builders, some (like myself) were burnt out anyways, others were just frustrated. I had my own reasons, others had theirs. Some one made a bad decision and let his guard down. The decisions and the relationship resulted a split (the cs go section). The community was at a lowpoint but it rose out of it to create a new adk. I don't know who made the phoenix logo, but id imagine it was Pepsi since QQ was gone at that point. @SLIMJIM if you want to make a new logo that represents the new era adk is entering feel free, as the current logo represents something different.

The point is I BELIEVE in ADK being great more that it already is (and to those who left thinking it was not; f**k em)

You have one vision of what ADK is and was, they had another vision. Idk if I would say to fuck people who left (i love how you censored fuck, man what the community is turning into), those who left built parts of this community. Without them I don't think the phoenix would've reincarnated.

Edited by ProtossMaster

-Slim

All I will say to this is that I don't think it is right to categorize all of them into the same bowl just because they all happened to leave. Don't expect some people to see what has yet to be seen/done. I respect their right to leave and would still treat them as if they were a member as they once were (For those that truly put effort into this community). Who knows, some of those people may come back after they have more confidence in the way some things are done around here (meaning that things that they collaboratively constructively criticized about are being worked on).

Don't throw them under the bus just because they "gave up". 

30 minutes ago, FeatherSton3 said:

All I will say to this is that I don't think it is right to categorize all of them into the same bowl just because they all happened to leave. Don't expect some people to see what has yet to be seen/done. I respect their right to leave and would still treat them as if they were a member as they once were (For those that truly put effort into this community). Who knows, some of those people may come back after they have more confidence in the way some things are done around here (meaning that things that they collaboratively constructively criticized about are being worked on).

Don't throw them under the bus just because they "gave up". 

Well yes, this definitely.  Folks will always run to the lifeboats before they realize the ship's sailing forward.  They're welcome to stay or leave and I'm not sure 'fuckem' is the word anyone should really use - some of the folks leaving have been dear friends to us along the way indeed.

Most people I know here don't associate the Phoenix with ADK, but with what originally made the community rise above in the first place. Right now ADK is not the Phoenix, it doesn't deserve it. ADK is the diseased Egret, limping on the edge of the swamp, trying not to slip under.

This is scarily close to that jingoistic attitude that helped cause the downfall. You don't hear from common members who just slink away (think about when something is dying....Do you remember logging into AOL Instant Messenger for the last time, knowing it was the last time you would do so? No, you just sort of stopped logging in at some point), you're only really seeing notes from mostly notable community members who loved this place and gave it their all for years, this place meant something special to them.

In the end, they will still largely be mocked behind closed doors by management, as is tradition. You may not see it but it's there. "This guy donated countless hours of his free time to help the community... but then eventually decided to leave. Fuck him, right?". You are seen as a deserter if you left instead of someone trying to salvage their passion for gaming. And in the end, that's what it's about. When the love is gone for you, what is worth sticking around for? 

Is ADK dead? Hard to say. Can it come back? I believe it's possible but it's out of the common member's hand. You can beat your chest, slap on your MAKE ADK GREAT AGAIN bumper sticker, but until that fundamental change happens, that "Holy shit, something's fundamentally wrong" moment comes to the people running this community, ADK will sit on the precipice, muddied, sick, and wholly unaware it is about to be consumed.

Let me shine a little light into this topic real quick over the ADK logo.

This is a direct screenshot from the PM I began with AOB when Syl and I first came up with the concept of the Phoenix and so forth.

df04d9cc6025febd877d8c9eb8c1a54f.png

At the time I had a account named "Buttons" and lurked under that. It eventually got merged into my main account. I had seen from a far all the shit that happened during the CS:GO drama and QQ and such. I was going to come back sooner but once I seen that I was demoted to a regular member I decided to just stay away even more. During this whole time like I said elsewhere the only person to reach out to me during my AFK period from ADK was Nova. Even tho other staff had my cell or knew people who had my cell it was only Nova who would text me about 3-4 times a week to say sup, ask how I was doing and just being a friend more then anything. Of course he clued me in on what was going on behind the scenes in some areas but nothing major. 

When I finally could hear how frustrated Nova was over some stuff I put my pride aside and came back for him mainly and those I still had here as friends to help pull them out the shitter that was QQ's wake. I knew I had to come up with a new logo, a new vibe for ADK but it had to be something I believed in, something that would drive me to work again after being demoted without anyone saying a word to me via text, email, PM or anything. You would have figured after 3 years of working along side people on a daily basis something like that would have happened. 

It did not.

So again I thought about it and talked ideas and concepts with Syl. We talked about ADK, how I felt about ADK and all that had happened from me joining to me being demoted. Going back and forth about the idea of ADK being revived and reborn got me thinking about the Final Fantasy series of games. My fav of that series had a summon in it named "Phoenix" and what it did in the game was...

dc7b3d448b9d5d5921fb28e1063d9fae.png

So I took how I felt about ADK and came up with a concept and Syyl began the actual mock ups in Illustrator. This quote...

"Like the phoenix, ADK is reborn from every pile of ashes left day in, day out, when people try to burn us."

was not about ADK. It was about me. It was about how I felt at the time. I was demoted, forgotten (expect Nova) and replaced without a mention at all for all the years of non-stop work I had put into this place. It's not about the ADK community, it is about the ADK website, its look, its presentation and how it functions. All the things I was controlling and staying on top of for the years before this stuff happened. I have called the ADK site a "home" so many times through the years its just silly. I even mentioned a slew of times that AOB was dad and Nova was mom. I have always said that your home has to look great, stand out, be inviting and new or people will not want to walk in. This is the website. It is the first thing people see and leaves the first impression on people when they come to ADK. I can not could how much praise the site has gotten as a recruitment tool cause of how advanced it is over other communitys in form and function and I prided myself in that knowing I was doing my all to make sure all the ADK member had a home they could be proud of. I would even go to other rival communitys to make sure we were out doing them. I did this daily. Constantly tweeking and reworking things.

Before we had burns and his group who left right around when I joined and they tried to take from the ADK home. Then we had Chaos Gaming who tried to do the same. Then we had DDoS attacks trying to break the home, we had people trying to steal the home..

https://webflake.sx/topic/11659-skin-ripped-or-were-to-find-it/

50906d36c87b8805a8cd9951f91c1f77.png

and even to the point I was getting PM's asking me to leave ADK to come to other communitys where I would be paid. I turned them all down. There was one time when someone wanted a copy of ADK's home to which me and AOB worked out a deal with them to make them a custom site, custom code with ADK elements but would not look like ADK. I worked on this site for 4 days non-stop and still ended up doing like a week of tech support for them after. ADK got paid $700+ for the job. What did I ask from it? $60 to buy a game. Thats it. Nothing more, nothing less. The money went into ADK and I never made a post over it nor did I brag about it. I told a few about it that were close to me so they knew why I couldnt game but yeah... for my home.

So back to the quote and the logo...

"Like the phoenix, ADK is reborn from every pile of ashes left day in, day out, when people try to burn us."

This is not about QQ. Its not about the people. It's about the damn website. The home. The place I spent almost 4 years into making it what it is from a stock theme named Warrior to now its using almost 90% custom code and images. Want to know what the ADK site is built off of? 

Check this: http://ipsfocus.net/4x/

That is what ADK is now built off of. It does not even look the same except the menu hover and thats about it. So with all the shit people have tried to do in the past to the ADK site, stealing from the site and QQ messing with shit trying to do her thing with graphics fucking up the complete flow of things to fit her agenda of making ADK in her vision I had to come back from the ashes after being burned and make this place reborn to correct it once again. Make the house right. Do what I could for Nova and friends to give them what they needed to repair the wound that was QQ and the people before her.

The ADK logo is about the website and its ordeals through the years.

The ADK logo is about me and the ordeals I went through before I decided to come back.

So while you are rallying behind the Phoenix make sure you know what you are really rallying around. Its not the community, its the site, its history and the shit I went through during my AFK period until I sent AOB the PM with the logo concept.

ADK did have a logo to call its own. The letter A one in the past was from Radar. The shield was a play on Star Citizen I made. QQ made the one that looked like Star Trek / Avenegers and now you have the the Phoenix that Syl and I made. So who is going to make the new one? Who is going to rebrand ADK into the new phase cause in all honesty, when you are saying "I believe in the Phoenix you are saying "I believe Pepsi will come back from the ashes to make us look good again".

On a more personal note:

In my goodbye thread: 

Not one single Director, Comm Manager or even Founder has said anything to me. Not "Hey thanks for all the hard work through the years!" to even a "Fuck you and leave already!".

Nothing.

There is one higher up who did send me a PM over it and for that I thank them. This is now your community. Your "Phoenix" you hold so high. You work your ass off for years, go AFK to take a break and during that time you are replaced with no mention of it to you or to even see if you are alive except Nova. You then swallow your pride to come back for the greater good to help a close friend in Nova, to help other friends you have here still and even convince ex members to rejoin to help you.

When your motivation for coming back leaves you feel defeated.

When you get blasted for being someone's friend you feel as if you are being forced out. 

When people dont answer your PM's and just ignore you, you don't feel at home anymore

When high staff don't reply to your good-bye it shows how much family was here to begin with.

So please, do what the new trend is to do. Make sure posts trying to rally people around, preach on all the things that need to be done to make ADK great again. Talk about all the great ideas and how you can evolve from all this cause "fuck-em" and fuck all those that helped build what you are enjoying now and having so much pride in. And with all the talk, all the posts and all the hype not a single thing will be done cause 90% of the people who were motivated, working constantly, pushing things forward and being innovative have left or will be when BF1 comes out. 

I have said my piece on this topic. You have so much faith in the community, its members and your rally cry then dont hide this or lock it.

Remember, ADK is about transparency now.

@Pepsi I dont see a reason to hide it, its a good explanation of what the pheonix means to you, yes thank you for it and yes i havnt responded to your post and the honest reason why is i decided to stay out of the drama and focus on helping the members with shit that actually needed to be done and not focusing on who was posting what. you have done great things for the community over the years and i dont think anyone is debating that fact. Your passion on explaining on what the logo means to you and what it meant to you when you were making it clearly explains that. 

symbols have different meaning to different people like lets say the Swastika in mulitple parts of the world its a extremely holy symbol of fortune and so on, and in others its a skin heads hold on wanting to be a nazi. The pheonix is going to mean so many different things to so many different people it would be stupid to try to claim that this is what it means because thats what you wanted it to mean when you made it.

love the work and respect you for everthing you have done over the years but im still going to make my own decisions on what something means to me and i will tell everybody like @SLIMJIMto make your own meaning out of it and dont be sheep and follow something because someone tells you thats the way it is.

2 minutes ago, Spyderbyte88 said:

@Pepsi I dont see a reason to hide it, its a good explanation of what the pheonix means to you, yes thank you for it and yes i havnt responded to your post and the honest reason why is i decided to stay out of the drama and focus on helping the members with shit that actually needed to be done and not focusing on who was posting what. you have done great things for the community over the years and i dont think anyone is debating that fact. Your passion on explaining on what the logo means to you and what it meant to you when you were making it clearly explains that. 

symbols have different meaning to different people like lets say the Swastika in mulitple parts of the world its a extremely holy symbol of fortune and so on, and in others its a skin heads hold on wanting to be a nazi. The pheonix is going to mean so many different things to so many different people it would be stupid to try to claim that this is what it means because thats what you wanted it to mean when you made it.

love the work and respect you for everthing you have done over the years but im still going to make my own decisions on what something means to me and i will tell everybody like @SLIMJIMto make your own meaning out of it and dont be sheep and follow something because someone tells you thats the way it is.

I respect the reply back in public and for that you have my respect even more then you did. Consider the Phoenix like a band and my post like a episode of VH1's behind the music. Yes, everyone has their own meaning behind the thing but that is its actual story. You want to make it something that relates to you then so be it. I honestly don't care. People still think that Relient K songs are mostly about romance, girlfriends and love songs when in fact they are actually a Christian rock band and  they are mostly singing to God or Jesus, not to a girl. People then get offended by that or turned away from the band but it should not sway why you began to love Relient K in the first place.

This is no different.

I made a sig you can use to support this topic if you would like @SLIMJIM

adktheckc.jpg

Hardlink: http://gfx.adkgamers.com/uploader/images/adktheckc.jpg

Made sure it fit ADK's colors, theme and so forth so it all blends right.

Enjoy.