Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Sparrow

The Sparrow Build

Everyone in the ADK community upon my return has been asking me what kind of parts did I order and why? http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/6WZsXH

This is the build that I have decided to put together. Currently have the motherboard, psu, cpu and ram inside while waiting for the CPU cooler so I can make my first system boot before putting the GPU inside. One thing I am worried about is if I'll be able to mount my CPU's 240mm radiator on the top of the case, without having any problems or having to mount it on the right of the case while already replacing the two 120mm included fans. Is that possible? Anyone had experience with this case?

I still haven't decided on a second monitor, I will definitely get another one but I need suggestions, because I feel that 60Hz would not be enough for me. I want the second monitor that I will get to be my main monitor, under 24'', over 75hz and I'm not sure about the response time, what would be best, 1 or 5ms?

Feel free to leave any suggestions about the monitor and reply to my radiator mounting question, I will also be posting pictures of the build below once I get my CPU cooler together.

I was watching a review on the Corsair Spec Alpha mid tower case and the guy shows and states that there isn't enough room at the top for the radiator and fans.  He recommends that a 240mm or 120mm radiator be installed in the front of the case.  

I personally would buy a second monitor that can be used as a main monitor just in case the main goes bad.  

4 hours ago, Wacko920 said:

I was watching a review on the Corsair Spec Alpha mid tower case and the guy shows and states that there isn't enough room at the top for the radiator and fans.  He recommends that a 240mm or 120mm radiator be installed in the front of the case.  

I personally would buy a second monitor that can be used as a main monitor just in case the main goes bad.  

Thanks alot for the reply, what kind of monitor should I get for a main one? And I guess I will have to sacrfice the included fans to mount my radiator. Maybe try and fit the included fans on top instead?

I would go  to youtube and look up "best gaming monitors 2016", and also look up reviews on any monitor you like.  I know that some gamers swear by BenQ, but then Asus, Acer, and other companies make really good monitors as well.  I would stick with 144Hz refresh rate since that is todays standard.  One of these days I will upgrade my HP 23" 60Hz monitor, lol.  Good luck

5 hours ago, Wacko920 said:

I would go  to youtube and look up "best gaming monitors 2016", and also look up reviews on any monitor you like.  I know that some gamers swear by BenQ, but then Asus, Acer, and other companies make really good monitors as well.  I would stick with 144Hz refresh rate since that is todays standard.  One of these days I will upgrade my HP 23" 60Hz monitor, lol.  Good luck

Good luck on your upgrade aswell! Will take your tip and look for good 144Hz monitors thanks. 

Last question, what about response time? 5 or 1ms for gaming?