• Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 

I'm all about trying out new tech and giving it a go. Seems legit to me, but it's different and not quite as easy to get started as people are used to with ts. 

That whole change when thingy isn't where it normally is can be hard for people to grasp even if it's better and cheaper. 

Edited by Bromance

Reposting my reply due to forum rollback;

Discord is better in many way. Less ram/power usage. It's much more modern. Integration with a thousand softwares, etc. There's no point to stay on TeamSpeak if you ask me :P.

Short review: The learning curve is a little bit steeper than TS and it takes some getting used to the layout. But for the price tag of free it is really nice to have a unified voice and text program that works cross platform as well as this does.

Long review: To start off, discord is more confusing than TS in terms of layout. That being said it can be learned after about 10-15 minutes of just sitting down and playing with it (Anyone who doesn't do this with a new program anyway should really consider making this a habit). There are a few more panels to manage than TS which can be viewed both as more efficiently sorting data while also more confusing. Discord gains some bonus points by letting you mix and match your text channel and voice. This is nice for admins who need to keep track of their game section without having to stay glued to its voice channels. Another plus comes from the ability to send messages to offline members, especially due to the free Android and iOS apps. The only drawback is that you need to know the person's username in order to do so or add them as a friend. The mobile voice works well but has mild cases of severe brain death if you switch from wifi to data or vice versa. It will take some getting used to the new program but I think that this can work out well for ADK if we want it to. It's been said before but it's worth saying again, this community will make work if we want it to.

Sent from my XT1060 using =ADK= Gaming Community mobile app

Oh it's quite easy to get used to. And it's free i guess... But compared to teamspeak it just doesn't feel very... Robust.

Discord is just not appropriate for such a large group of gamers. Like, when you have so many random text and voice channels to encompass each game section, admin sections and personal rooms it becomes jumbled and hard to navigate. And what you end up with is people simply not using the ADK discord for this reason... Since they can simply create a server for themselves and chat with their friends without all the confusion.