Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Sign in to follow this  
DowntownRiots

GTX 1080 Which Brand to Purchase?

So currently I have a the ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126103) (I'm paying $730 for that not the $1,000 listed) on back order from NewEgg, but while I wait I wonder if this is the best one for the price range vs power/performance. I know there are several different types of the same cards from various companies like Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, EVGA, Zotac, etc... Anyone can offer advice. Thanks. 

I personally use a Gigabyte G1 GTX960 4GB card in my computer.  My card has a base clock speed of 1241Mhz and a boosted clock of 1329Mhz in OC mode.  I have mine cranked up to 1400Mhz and it's been running this way for over 6 months with no problems.  I have Gigabyte cards in my other  computers as well and really like them.

My friends all seem to use the EVGA line of video cards and swear by them. 

Branding is really irrelevant and more of a opinion.  They are all the same hardware under the fans and heatsinks. 

Obviously you want to go with a reputable company. I had one GPU go out from BFG and they went out of business and Tiger Direct told me to move along.... 

With that said, just compare reviews, warranty and specs. Check the specs very carefully! There are some minor differences for the same price.

I personally don't by overclocked cards UNLESS they are the same price as reference cards (default if you will). That way you save some cash and most come with software to OC them painlessly. So I don't see the point personally, and you only get a few FPS increase.

Sign in to follow this